megan walker | Page 2 | The Boneyard

megan walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I said this on the Chat page, and I'll repeat it again here. We can all speculate endlessly on why MW & Mikayla didn't play tonight, and obviously Geno isn't going to tell us, but I will absolutely guarantee you that MW & Mikayla know exactly why they didn't play tonight.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Give me a break.....she’s developed enough to get garbage minutes in a blowout. Geno’s clearly sending a message and I don’t like it.
Not good. We are pushing our good future players away :(
Please be around next year when this young lady is ripping it up. I'm sure you'll be saying the same thing about Ono and Williams. Fortunately we all aren't prisoners of the moment.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you should talk to past player such as Bascom, Rizzotti, Lobo, Taurasi, Lou and others about how he did the same exact things to them and worse. Anyone who thinks or says he is pushing present or future players away from UConn hasn't been a Husky fan for very long. The more he sees in a player, the harder he pushes. As Lobo once said on the air, it took her 2 years to stop hating Auriemma. Now look.

Bascom graduated in 91, Lobo 95.....over 20 years have passed. Players and times have changed.....Geno has had unprecedented success; no one is questioning that, but his handling of this freshman class has been troubling IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Listen, MW is not ready to play at the level Geno needs her to play. Some BYers including me have noticed she's slower to develop than other highly rated number one recruits. She's has not been great at anything. She's athletic and smart but her game hasn't developed to excel at this level... yet.
And the ones that got in are ,crazy

Reaction Score
Remember when we were so excited Megan Walker committed to Uconn. I hope we are still excited by her next season.

There doesn't seem to be
Maybe because she doen't have any clue what her role is or or how many minutes she will play?
Maybe when as the HSNPOY she was told she would play....

IDK. Really only Geno and the staff know all the answers. I would guess that if Geno thought she could help, she would be out there. In fairness, PT is earned. When she has earned the time she hasn't been that great. The summer will do her good. She will know how and what to work on and should improve greatly.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Bascom graduated in 91, Lobo 95.....over 20 years have past. Players and times have changed.....Geno has had unprecedented success; no one is questioning that, but his handling of this freshman class has been troubling IMO.
Here's a reply
People who are complaining about a freshman's playing time should consider cheering for Tennessee. Their freshmen get LOTS of minutes.
Times change but players do not. He did the same thing to Lou and Pheese, Crystal and now Z. Have times changes so much in the last 2 years that his methods are now outdated and overbearing? Please be here next year. Gladly as I've said, most of us are not prisoners of the moment. With Geno, past is always prologue.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you should talk to past player such as Bascom, Rizzotti, Lobo, Taurasi, Lou and others about how he did the same exact things to them and worse. Anyone who thinks or says he is pushing present or future players away from UConn hasn't been a Husky fan for very long. The more he sees in a player, the harder he pushes. As Lobo once said on the air, it took her 2 years to stop hating Auriemma. Now look.

I'm very disturbed by this latest turn of events............Walker will be needed at some point in the coming weeks no matter what Geno says about just playing six all the way to the NC..............at what point does he have to take partial blame for Walker's apparently poor practice habits...............isn't it his job to get the most out of his players? The cliche that the player decides if she plays, not the coach is wearing a tiny bit thin with me...............I'd say they both are in on that decision.........

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm very disturbed by this latest turn of events..Walker will be needed at some point in the coming weeks no matter what Geno says about just playing six all the way to the NC....at what point does he have to take partial blame for Walker's apparently poor practice habits.....isn't it his job to get the most out of his players? The cliche that the player decides if she plays, not the coach is wearing a tiny bit thin with me.....I'd say they both are in on that decision....
Please don't think I'm a religious person, but:

O ye men of little faith.

Reaction Score
Bascom graduated in 91, Lobo 95.....over 20 years have past. Players and times have changed.....Geno has had unprecedented success; no one is questioning that, but his handling of this freshman class has been troubling IMO.

I'm surprised how he publically says how bad they are playing, how lost they are in practice and questions how they got schollies to play here. It's the public ranting that I find interesting

Reaction Score
I'm very disturbed by this latest turn of events..Walker will be needed at some point in the coming weeks no matter what Geno says about just playing six all the way to the NC....at what point does he have to take partial blame for Walker's apparently poor practice habits.....isn't it his job to get the most out of his players? The cliche that the player decides if she plays, not the coach is wearing a tiny bit thin with me.....I'd say they both are in on that decision....

If the coaching staff could not get the new freshman to practice the way they need to after almost an entire season, perhaps they recruited the wrong people.

JordyG

Reaction Score
What about Crystal last year. Where you equally as concerned? How about when he benched Stewie in her freshman year, where you so concerned then? Why are so many people fretting? Why are so many considering Geno's methods are suddenly too extreme. Geno warned us right from the start that this group of freshmen were behind other years in getting it. Why are so many suddenly surprised that he was so right?

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We have absolutely no idea if MW & Mikayla sitting is about practice.

JordyG

Reaction Score
only me.......three distant cousins and Uncle Pete
LOL. I really, really enjoy a good conversation where both sides are polarized. But you're one of the many on this board I really, really hate disagreeing with.

Reaction Score
What about Crystal last year. Where you equally as concerned? How about when he benched Stewie in her freshman year, where you so concerned then? Why are so many people fretting? Why are so many considering Geno's methods suddenly are too extreme. Geno warned us right from the start that this group of freshmen were behind other years in getting it. Why are so many suddenly surprised that he was so right?

Because all people heard about was Megan Walker was going to be the next great player here. She was a number one recruit. There was tremendous build up of where she would go, page after page of discussion and wanting and hoping yada yada.

How can she be not as wonderful as we imagined. People thought she was going to be maya, stewie and DT wrapped into one.

People cannot handle or accept reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01