Megan Walker Goes Pro [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Goes Pro [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
How weird will this be if, by some miracle, she is voted AA for this season? :confused:

Reaction Score
Was she truly going to reach her "potential" playing another year at UCONN?

interesting question..............I think there were some ball handling and footwork issues to clean up but she made a big enough leap this past season to consider the WNBA.........it certainly makes Geno's bench management issues a bit easier to deal with

Reaction Score
WCBB is changing. Perhaps the draw of more money in both the WNBA and European leagues makes it more compelling to leave early.

These young women have to look out for their financial futures, and not wasting a season that could get you badly injured is not irrational.

Really sorry she won't be coming back. But wonder whether anyone will really be playing basketball at any level in the fall. Medical experts are predicting a resurgence of the virus in the fall after easing up this summer.

Wish her all the best.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The roster is now at 10. There will be new transfer rules in place. UCONN could should be thinking about adding transfers.
Unless it’s a true impact player, Geno should stand pat. Even before Megan’s announcement, I felt Aaliyah could earn the starting spot at PF, moving Megan to the W. That PF job will now be a battle between Aaliyah & Aubrey. Anna, Christyn, Evina & possibly Mir will battle it out for PT at W.

Reaction Score
Good luck to her. Business decision wise I don’t think it was a smart decision. She needs to develop more. Never developed a killer instinct and reached her true potential.
Good luck to her, but i don't think she is ready. She can't even make a layup.

Reaction Score
The roster is now at 10. There will be new transfer rules in place. UCONN could should be thinking about adding transfers.
Times have changed and coaches must change too or get left behind. Some coaches must stop being so stubborn or be left behind because their are too many options for players out there now.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think so Coco. Megan would have improved with another year at UConn.
I support her decision and appreciate all her great play for us regardless.
No doubt Megan would have improved while playing another season at UCONN because she has improved every year while playing at there. Achieving her potential is entirely a different matter. For some BY posters Megan would and has fallen short of achieving that "potential' because she has failed to lead UCONN to multiple championships, was not a major contributor or starter as a freshman and not named an AA as a sophomore. It is an insanely high bar we tend to place on #1 HS recruits. Her potential is to be among the top WNBA picks and clearly Megan will achieved that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This just ruined my watching the 2020 AAC Tournament replays. :(
(I am really doing just that!!!)
Me too! I am extremely disappointed in her. I pulled for her as a player since she was a freshman. She needed another year to develop her mid range game. What about playing with her friend Evina? I guess that didn't mean enough to her nor did winning a championship for UCONN.

Reaction Score
So this makes two straight classes without a championship for UConn. When was the last time that happened?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am flabbergasted. Why turn pro if the chance of a pro league running is negligible? US or international. Finish her degree, work on some parts of her game, enter the draft with a weaker class, play with her best friend while being the unquestioned leader of the team. etc. etc. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reaction Score
I am flabbergasted. Why turn pro if the chance of a pro league running is negligible? US or international. Finish her degree, work on some parts of her game, enter the draft with a weaker class, play with her best friend while being the unquestioned leader of the team. etc. etc. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
She just saw herself in what happened to Kyla. Basketball is Megan's job. If something happens to her physically, then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom