McDonalds AA game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

McDonalds AA game

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. We lose 2 starters and gain two freshmen.

Next year's lineup should be:

Dangerfield
Williams/Walker
Lou
Collier
Stevens

with Walker/Williams and ONO first off the bench. Camara will also get frontcourt minutes. There's your 8 who play in meaningful games, dependent on MW getting her head on straight and the two freshmen being more ready to play than our freshmen have been lately. They should all get 20+ mpg.
I think Meg’s head is pretty much fine. She’ll do much better next year.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
ESPN couldn't wait to leave the game and it wasn't even the top of the hour. Never happens like that at the Men's Mickey D game.
I mean at least stick around for the MVP trophy. Jeez.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not surprised at all by Christyn's performance, especially her maturity and composure. She has consistently beaten out older players (class of 20117) for spots on USA teams. UConn's class of 2017 guards/wings have been put on notice for a starting spot next season.

Reaction Score
CW was in a class all her own. Can't wait until she is in a UConn uniform! She can do it all....

Reaction Score

Dangerfield
Williams/Walker
Lou
Collier
Stevens

with Walker/Williams and ONO first off the bench. Camara will also get frontcourt minutes. There's your 8 who play in meaningful games, dependent on MW getting her head on straight and the two freshmen being more ready to play than our freshmen have been lately. They should all get 20+ mpg.
8 players playing...everyone playing 20+ minutes!? Pheesa, Lou & Crystal will all get 30+ mins, probably Z too. We aren’t going to be blowing out the top 10 teams like we did this year. He will go 7 deep. Pheesa, Lou & Crystal will hardly ever come out.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Dangerfield
Williams/Walker
Lou
Collier
Stevens

Nailed it!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I generally put zero stock into the performances at the McDAA game and similar exhibitions, but by all accounts Christyn was the standout.

If we have to say farewell to two brilliant gems like Kia and Gabby, we can take comfort in gaining two gems-in-the-making in Christyn and Olivia. It's hard not to feel excited to see them in a UConn uniform next November.

Reaction Score
Saw a picture from USA Today and it looks like Williams has a tattoo on her left forearm.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I generally put zero stock into the performances at the McDAA game and similar exhibitions, but by all accounts Christyn was the standout.

If we have to say farewell to two brilliant gems like Kia and Gabby, we can take comfort in gaining two gems-in-the-making in Christyn and Olivia. It's hard not to feel excited to see them in a UConn uniform next November.
I’m really, really, really going to miss Kia and Gabby, much more than I would have thought 2 years ago. But their time to go to bigger and better things is drawing near. Though the recruits are inexperienced and raw, I like them a lot. Tina left, and we got Stef. Maya left, and we got Kaleena. Kaleena left, and we got Lou. Kia and Gabby leave, and we get Christyn and Liv.

Reaction Score
8 players playing...everyone playing 20+ minutes!? Pheesa, Lou & Crystal will all get 30+ mins, probably Z too. We aren’t going to be blowing out the top 10 teams like we did this year. He will go 7 deep. Pheesa, Lou & Crystal will hardly ever come out.
If Z comes back ready to claim her spot as starting center and is at AA caliber, you will be looking at one of the best front lines (Lou at SF) possible ever. Lou and Pheesa showed they can average 20+ a game. Add in a healthy Crystal Dangerfield at point and regardless of the other starter I think we will be blowing out plenty of teams. Anyway, my hope at least....

Reaction Score
Just catching up with everyone as I watch this on my DVR (wife had to watch tennis!). Wow. Discounting for the nature of the game, still, CW is really, really stunning. I mean jaw-droppingly stunning. And ONO is terrific too. Could CW become the fourth on Mt Rushmore, after D, Maya, and Stewie? only time will tell....

Meanwhile, the announcers are engaging in a complete love fest for Geno and UConn. I'm sure a lot of high school uncommits are watching and listening.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just catching up with everyone as I watch this on my DVR (wife had to watch tennis!). Wow. Discounting for the nature of the game, still, CW is really, really stunning. I mean jaw-droppingly stunning. And ONO is terrific too. Could CW become the fourth on Mt Rushmore, after D, Maya, and Stewie? only time will tell....

Meanwhile, the announcers are engaging in a complete love fest for Geno and UConn. I'm sure a lot of high school uncommits are watching and listening.
Figures that you would, as I, notice that the announcers are talking up Geno a lot. Some people in WCBB, especially on Rocky Top will say they sound like shills for the program. But honestly, it's hard not to talk about UConn, with Christyn putting on a show and ONO ripping the twines on that dunk. Right now the WCBB world is really happy Charlie and Ezi changed their minds. We UConn fans need to sit back awhile, stop complaining about anything UConn related and admit that we are very, very lucky indeed.

Reaction Score
I really dont see ono playing much next year unless she had a great summer,unless we need her height,she needs alot of work for the next level

JordyG

Reaction Score
Watching Christyn it seems HuskyNan has the root of it. She has a great economy of motion and poise. She knows the spots on the floor where her shots are most effective. Her upper body strength and her control of it is quite unlike what I've seen in a HS player in, well, I don't know when. Odyssey Sims? Arike? She's smoother than either of these two. Her release point on her shot is in the Goldilocks Zone: Not too high, not too low. Just right. And consistent, which means her shot will be consistent. She clearly has excellent court vision, good speed, quick feet, nice cross over, nice deception off her cross, she anticipates things well, and a nice quick release (and a left handers advantage). She'll stick her nose underneath among the trees. All in all this girls game is NICE.

Reaction Score
Watching Christyn it seems HuskyNan has the root of it. She has a great economy of motion and poise. She knows the spots on the floor where her shots are most effective. Her upper body strength and her control of it is quite unlike what I've seen in a HS player in, well, I don't know when. Odyssey Sims? Arike? She's smoother than either of these two. Her release point on her shot is in the Goldilocks Zone: Not too high, not too low. Just right. And consistent, which means her shot will be consistent. She clearly has excellent court vision, good speed, quick feet, nice cross over, nice deception off her cross, she anticipates things well, and a nice quick release (and a left handers advantage). She'll stick her nose underneath among the trees. All in all this girls game is NICE.
Great description, Jordy (and Nan). Right, she'll need body work, like all high school kids. But she comes already really, really strong. That's a huge advantage, given all that happens in your freshman year at UConn.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Great description, Jordy (and Nan). Right, she'll need body work, like all high school kids. But she comes already really, really strong. That's a huge advantage, given all that happens in your freshman year at UConn.
Yes. I think Meg has a world of advantage over her for the 2 next year in knowing the system, knowing the players, in her conditioning, and her athleticism. Not to mention the improvement Meg is going to show in her shot, her shot selection, her positioning, her court awareness and her footwork on defense. Meg will just be too much of a handful for other teams at the two and too quick for opponents at the 3. CW's sophomore leap will be both amazing and anticipated, and by that time Meg will be situated as a 3. CW may, just may, make a post Christmas leap that will be interesting. CW could get time at the point if Mikayla's sophomore leap isn't substantial. But I think Mikayla is going to be a big surprise next year.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I’m really, really, really going to miss Kia and Gabby, much more than I would have thought 2 years ago. But their time to go to bigger and better things is drawing near. Though the recruits are inexperienced and raw, I like them a lot. Tina left, and we got Stef. Maya left, and we got Kaleena. Kaleena left, and we got Lou. Kia and Gabby leave, and we get Christyn and Liv.
Offensively, I believe UConn will be fine, next season. But losing the nation's two best defensive players has to have some impact on the Huskies' fortunes. :(

Reaction Score
and we had Stewie and Mo in there somewhere!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Offensively, I believe UConn will be fine, next season. But losing the nation's two best defensive players has to have some impact on the Huskies' fortunes. :(
Christyn says she plans to work on her on-ball defense and wants to become a lockdown defender. Liv’s coach says she can guard all 5 positions. They won’t match what Kia and Gabby did this year anytime soon, but they know defense is important. I think they may become stellar defenders. Liv has DPOY potential in time with that wingspan.

Offensively, Christyn as a freshman might be on a par with Kia as a junior or senior. She’s the best offensive player I’ve seen in some years, perhaps since Kaleena.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom