McDonalds AA game | The Boneyard

McDonalds AA game

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Thanks I am going to watch. It will be my first time seeing these players in a game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Was CW in the Skills Challenge last night?

For all of three seconds, yes. She took an initial shot from about 7 feet out along the baseline. After making it, her teammates, including Candice Wiggins, had to make a free throw shot, a three, and a half court shot. They won the event as the first team to go. Morgan Tuck took part in the contest too.

Reaction Score
What I want to know is if they are making everyone eat exclusively off the McDonalds menu while there?

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Yes, the game takes place on Wednesday, the 28th, at 5 pm ET on ESPN2

Reaction Score
So that tomorrow is today at 5?
Yes today.
My nieces friend who she played AAU with is on the East.
2018 New York Gatorade player of the year Emily Engstler. Syracuse commit

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Five players to watch:

Christyn Williams, Central Arkansas Christian School (Little Rock, Ark.), G

College: Connecticut

Why she’s must-see TV: Williams is the ultimate playmaker who creates for her teammates and beats the opposition with her ability to get to the rim and score efficiently from the mid-range.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Winder-Barrow (Ga.), F

College: Connecticut

Why she’s must-see TV: Nelson-Ododa has the size and ability to guard all five positions on the court and uses her length to dominate on both ends of the floor.

Five players to watch in the McDonald’s All American Girls Game

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In-depth interview with Olivia Nelson-Ododa's high school coach:

SCORE ATLANTA: How would you describe Olivia’s game?

KIMBERLY GARREN: Olivia’s an impact player. People see her sheer height and obviously know she’s going to be a force to be reckoned with. However, I think her strongest point is that she’s so versatile. You have to guard her from rim to rim. She can handle the ball and pressure in the backcourt. She can pop a three in your face and then she can go body you up inside, and anything in between. So she’s just hard to guard, because offensively, she has every part of the game. And then defensively, her sheer size allows teams to be able to step up pressure, and then if they get beat, knowing they have her behind them, and it’s an awesome thing for the entire team.

SA: What is her biggest strength right now?

KG: I think being able to score, catching the ball away from the basket, and being able to score away from the basket, is her biggest strength right now, catching the ball in the 15-footer range and either being able to shoot or take you to the rim. I think that’s big. She moves so well with the ball in her hand.

SA: What will she continue working on before she gets to UConn?

KG: Obviously someone like here, like most girls, working on strength and agility. And basketball skill-wise, continuting to develop that shot so that she is an automatic three-point shooter as well as an inside person. With the strength and agility comes the speed of picking up the defense, and she’s really just fine-tuning a lot of things that she’s been working on, getting ready for UConn.

SA: How will she fit in right away at UConn, which has made 11 straight Final Fours?

KG: She wanted to go to UConn, she wanted to be challenged. And she didn’t want to go where she knew she would walk in and be the best. So she’s going into a program where she knows she’ll have to earn her time. She’s seen some of the comments that have been made about the freshman class this year, and she knows she’s going to have to show it at practice. She knows that she’s going to be expected to handle the ball, she knows that she’s going to be expected to shoot and really guard people that are potentially smaller than her, obviously, because they are such a big lineup at UConn. When you go play for him, he’s going to make you a better player, I think that’s what she’s so excited about.

McDonald’s All-American Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Winder-Barrow | Score Atlanta

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Liv has heard Geno’s comments on freshmen, but she’s not deterred.

Her team lost in the quarterfinals, BUT it was by 1 in OT to the eventual champion, and Liv had 24, 21, and 10.

Her coach makes her sound like a dream player. Liv certainly is multi-faceted.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just interviewed ONO pregame

Q: Plan to throw down another dunk?
A: Yes.

Analysis of CWills game.

Reminds scouts of Odessy Sims

Needs to tighten up her handle and to pass more in Geno's system

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Katlyn Gilbert's shooting stroke is funky but she's just made a couple. As long as they go in, I guess. Jordan Nixon (at least I think she's 5 in red?) looks very quick. Pleased with what I'm seeing from the ND recruits so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom