McDonalds AA game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

McDonalds AA game

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
ONO with a nice block. :)

She looks reasonably strong to me. Stronger than Stewie when she came in.

3 square meals a day at the campus commons and regular workouts with the trainers in the weight room will put some muscle on her. Look what those workouts did for Dangerfield.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Generally agree with you other than Gilbert's jumper form doesn't look quite right to me...I like the way she thinks the game though. Seems to play in control and have good instincts for what to do.

I see what you're talking about based on the wide-open jumper she took in the second half...it wasn't quite squared up on the delivery.
But, as you did, I liked her composure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Williams just looks like a Husky in some of the non-obvious ways. Her outlet passes, vision, and court sense, for instance. Geno wants players that are on it mentally to the point they can react without thinking. She appears to have that trait already.
Beyond her years!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don’t see Liv as A’ja, but they are both big and talented.

She doesn't have Wilson's refined offensive post and mid-post game at this point. But the build, the quickness, the athleticism, the shot blocking ability, the passing skills--lots of similarities. I think ONO will eventually be a multi-positional defender with Geno's coaching, something that really isn't Wilson's forte.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, so who was the SECOND best player in the game?

Beyond Christyn’s very mature and outstanding game, I thought that Liv showed a lot of potential. She didn’t look as thin as I thought, plus she has shoulders as wide as wide as those of Kiah Stokes. Stewie got a lot stronger. Liv can too.

I saw about 3 quarters, and the sound was turned down. Plus, the numbers were hard to read on the red jerseys. But some players who did good things included Prince, Egbo, Brown, and DeCosta. Aquira is better with the ball than I expected, plus she’s a human pogo stick. Forbes, who is going to Cal, is the daughter of a Globetrotter, plus she won the 3-Point contest. She may be very underrated at #36.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Agreed, but I love the way she runs the court for a Big.

Same as Stewie. She won't get big but will get stronger without losing foot speed and agility.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Williams and ONO will fit in right away. Green and Massingill will add some size at guard for Tennessee. Williams going to OU looked good.

Reaction Score
Five players to watch:

Christyn Williams, Central Arkansas Christian School (Little Rock, Ark.), G

College: Connecticut

Why she’s must-see TV: Williams is the ultimate playmaker who creates for her teammates and beats the opposition with her ability to get to the rim and score efficiently from the mid-range.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Winder-Barrow (Ga.), F

College: Connecticut

Why she’s must-see TV: Nelson-Ododa has the size and ability to guard all five positions on the court and uses her length to dominate on both ends of the floor.

Five players to watch in the McDonald’s All American Girls Game
I missed the game. Is there any way I can view it online or on demand (xfinity)?

Reaction Score
The biggest transition is going to be for these girls to accept being role players next year. Picking their spots of being aggressive but realizing the ball needs to be in Lou & Pheesa’s hands with Crystal runnng the show. Z will get her fare share of touches also, if she stays. Megan & Z both could have passed more when they played and it would have benefitted them. They didn’t accept being a role player & it caused Geno to bench them at various times. Play hard defensively, move the ball offensively & be ready when your opportunity comes.

Reaction Score
The biggest transition is going to be for these girls to accept being role players next year. Picking their spots of being aggressive but realizing the ball needs to be in Lou & Pheesa’s hands with Crystal runnng the show. Z will get her fare share of touches also, if she stays. Megan & Z both could have passed more when they played and it would have benefitted them. They didn’t accept being a role player & it caused Geno to bench them at various times. Play hard defensively, move the ball offensively & be ready when your opportunity comes.

Not necessarily. We lose 2 starters and gain two freshmen.

Next year's lineup should be:

Dangerfield
Williams/Walker
Lou
Collier
Stevens

with Walker/Williams and ONO first off the bench. Camara will also get frontcourt minutes. There's your 8 who play in meaningful games, dependent on MW getting her head on straight and the two freshmen being more ready to play than our freshmen have been lately. They should all get 20+ mpg.

HGN

Reaction Score
3 square meals a day at the campus commons and regular workouts with the trainers in the weight room will put some muscle on her. Look what those workouts did for Dangerfield.
Scoop , comparing her potential development to Dangerfield is not fair to her. I doubt she will muscle up like Crystal did.....However , a comparison to Stewie and KLS is probably a little more on target. Both Stewie and KLS were a little weak and frail upon arriving in Storrs. But both got stronger by their sophomore year.

I think ONO will do the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom