May recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The " Big O" has a nice baby hook! It makes her shot even
harder to defend. This lady is not afraid of physical contact!!
Impressive!
UConn POIs Olivia Vukosa and Kate Koval are playing in NYC today at the ACES Elite Classic. It would be great if they could play against each other, but I don’t know if that will happen because they are in different age categories.

Reaction Score
UConn POIs Olivia Vukosa and Kate Koval are playing in NYC today at the ACES Elite Classic. It would be great if they could play against each other, but I don’t know if that will happen because they are in different age categories.
ACES Elite GIRLS ROSTERS

Kymora Johnson
Zoe Brooks
Jadyn Donovan
Angelica Velez
Aurora Sanchez
Kateryna Koval
Leah Harmon
Mikayla Blakes
Kayleigh Heckel
Devyn Quigley
Taylor Barner
Mia Pauldo
Mya Pauldo
Olivia Vukosa
Ryan Carter
Savannah Swords
Syla Swords
Olivia Jones
Madison Howard

Reaction Score
There appears to be only one WBB game at the Aces Elite Classic, which began at 6 p.m., so there is a distinct possibility that Kate Koval and Olivia Vukosa may play against each other.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Full pic above:

FvywJQ3WcAUTZ2I

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a major subject on the recruiting pages, but noticed that one of the top 2024 players is 6'4' Koval in Long Island. I'm not an expert on recruiting, so I don't come to the recruiting pages almost ever. Can someone fill me in on whether we have a shot at this top Big for next year?

Reaction Score
Sorry if this is a major subject on the recruiting pages, but noticed that one of the top 2024 players is 6'4' Koval in Long Island. I'm not an expert on recruiting, so I don't come to the recruiting pages almost ever. Can someone fill me in on whether we have a shot at this top Big for next year?
NYC is in our backyard, so yes. We have a shot.

Reaction Score
Highlights from the Aces Elite Classic. UConn POIs Kate Koval (#23) and Olivia Vukosa (#35) played on opposing teams. Some nice spin moves by Koval. I haven’t seen a box score for the game.

Heckel, Koval's PG teammate (#10) in white is also a Uconn POI.

Reaction Score
Heckel, Koval's PG teammate (#10) in white is also a Uconn POI.
Heckel is a notch below the level of PG that UConn typically recruits and with Arnold arriving and Fisher committed in the '25 class plus Cheli '24 being able to play the position when needed, I seriously doubt that Heckel has or will get an offer.

Reaction Score
Kate Koval scoring at the Aces Elite Classic on a pass from her Long Island Lutheran High School and Exodus NYC teammate Kayleigh Heckel.

Reaction Score
Heckel is a notch below the level of PG that UConn typically recruits and with Arnold arriving and Fisher committed in the '25 class plus Cheli '24 being able to play the position when needed, I seriously doubt that Heckel has or will get an offer.
Heckel is a good player; she currently is ranked 22 in the class of 2024 by ESPN HoopGurlz. I agree with you that she probably has not received an offer from UConn. I think she could end up playing for Carla Berube — she has an offer from Princeton. She also has offers from Columbia, Ohio State, Rutgers, and a number of other Division 1 schools.

Reaction Score
Heckel is a good player; she currently is ranked 22 in the class of 2024 by ESPN HoopGurlz. I agree with you that she probably has not received an offer from UConn. I think she could end up playing for Carla Berube — she has an offer from Princeton. She also has offers from Columbia, Ohio State, Rutgers, and a number of other Division 1 schools.
I agree that Heckel is a nice player and that she would be a very good fit for Princeton. But I don't take any of the rankings that seriously. I mean ESPN thinks there are 8 guards in 2024 better than Cheli who can can play both positions well and they list Olson as the 3rd best PG in the class. Olson hasn't been anywhere near PG since maybe grade school.

Reaction Score
I agree that Heckel is a nice player and that she would be a very good fit for Princeton. But I don't take any of the rankings that seriously. I mean ESPN thinks there are 8 guards in 2024 better than Cheli who can can play both positions well and they list Olson as the 3rd best PG in the class. Olson hasn't been anywhere near PG since maybe grade school.
I agree, and would even go further. As good as Olson is, she doesn't have anywhere near the intensity of Cheli, regardless of position. They are actually quite comparable, and the idea of a big pg is tempting. But you can't be great at that position at 6'2" if you don't have some fire in you.

Reaction Score
I agree, and would even go further. As good as Olson is, she doesn't have anywhere near the intensity of Cheli, regardless of position. They are actually quite comparable, and the idea of a big pg is tempting. But you can't be great at that position at 6'2" if you don't have some fire i
Kate Koval scoring at the Aces Elite Classic on a pass from her Long Island Lutheran High School and Exodus NYC teammate Kayleigh Heckel.

Love that Koval appears fearless around the basket. Give her another year of skills and fitness training and she will get quicker and improve an already sound shooting range.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah and Toby Fournier at last night’s WNBA game in Toronto

I wonder if we will get a rebuttal now from the dad who claimed Toby had a final four that did not include Uconn. At least Aaliyah is doing her part in helping Uconn's chances, but it sounds like on the home-front the dad is an obstacle, which of course means I hope Toby makes her own decision on this.

Actually Aaliyah might have direct relevant information that could affect Toby's decision. Aaliyah has an optional year if she wants to take it, so an obvious question for a 2024 prospect considered a 4 would be if Aaliyah was returning for that year. Toby or any other 4 prospects that year (Strong & Carlton) would have their potential playing time in their freshmen year affected by Aaliyah's decision, which she can of course make whenever she wants, now, later, or right after the season.

Reaction Score
I wonder if we will get a rebuttal now from the dad who claimed Toby had a final four that did not include Uconn. At least Aaliyah is doing her part in helping Uconn's chances, but it sounds like on the home-front the dad is an obstacle, which of course means I hope Toby makes her own decision on this.

Actually Aaliyah might have direct relevant information that could affect Toby's decision. Aaliyah has an optional year if she wants to take it, so an obvious question for a 2024 prospect considered a 4 would be if Aaliyah was returning for that year. Toby or any other 4 prospects that year (Strong & Carlton) would have their potential playing time in their freshmen year affected by Aaliyah's decision, which she can of course make whenever she wants, now, later, or right after the season.

It's also possible that the "two UConn players" is just the twitter poster mistaking Toby for Paige Bueckers. They do look similar. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom