May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 36 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
What's the record for 3 point field goal attempts in a game? Arike had 16 today.
DT had 17 in a game a couple of years ago, Loyd had 16 a year ago. I'm guessing Clark will shatter this number at some point in her career.

Can't knock Arike for taking that many though, she hit 7 which is a great shooting percentage (43.8%).

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Question about how draft pick swap rights work? Dallas has rights to swap first round draft picks with Chicago. If both Dallas and Chicago land in the lottery, does Dallas have the rights to swap their “lottery odds” with Chicago if Chicago has a worse two season cumulative record? Or does Dallas get to swap picks depending on how the lottery drawing goes? Maybe the league will factor that into the lottery drawing, so if Chicago gets a better pick, it automatically swaps with Dallas prior to revealing the drawing to the public? Curious if anybody knows, thanks.
My understanding is that if both land in the lottery, Dallas has the right to swap picks with Chicago. So if Chicago lands a higher pick, Dallas will swap picks and take the higher one while Chicago gets the lower one.

Reaction Score
DT had 17 in a game a couple of years ago, Loyd had 16 a year ago. I'm guessing Clark will shatter this number at some point in her career.

Can't knock Arike for taking that many though, she hit 7 which is a great shooting percentage (43.8%).
Those are great numbers. I have no problem with high volume shooting as long as it is done efficiently. That's been a problem with Arike on most days.

Reaction Score
Kristi Toliver: 19 (2017)

Arike Ogunbowale’s 16 (2024) is Tied for 4th.

Source: SRCBB WNBA
This made me curious about the most made 3s in a game. Apparently no one has made more than 9 3-pointers in a game. Jewell Loyd and Kelsey Mitchell are tied for the record with 9. Kayla McBride tied for 3rd when she made 8 earlier this year. There are a TON of players tied at 15th with 7 made threes and a bunch of those players are still active / most of the records were made over the past two years. Interestingly Caitlin Clark is one of those players with 7 in a game.

It definitely shows that the amount of 3-point attempts is still trending upward and I wouldn't be surprised if someone finally hits 10 made threes in a game this season or next season.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
This made me curious about the most made 3s in a game. Apparently no one has made more than 9 3-pointers in a game. Jewell Loyd and Kelsey Mitchell are tied for the record with 9. Kayla McBride tied for 3rd when she made 8 earlier this year. There are a TON of players tied at 15th with 7 made threes and a bunch of those players are still active / most of the records were made over the past two years. Interestingly Caitlin Clark is one of those players with 7 in a game.

It definitely shows that the amount of 3-point attempts is still trending upward and I wouldn't be surprised if someone finally hits 10 made threes in a game this season or next season.
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Definitely see it happening as teams continue to rely heavily on the 3ball

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Jewell, SDS in the Arike Tier. KMac has her own tier.

Thanks for passing along. What's amazing about K-Mac is 65% of her shot attempts are three's so far. (Mc)Buckets is on a longstanding tear this year through Euro and WNBA. Hope Maddy Siegrist heals efficiently and can get back on the court.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Yes, nearly 50% certainly justifies taking them, didn't mean to sound like I was knocking her. Sorry if it came off that way.

I would've guessed Sabrina had a game or two where she launched quite a few, not surprised DT is way up there.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Yes, nearly 50% certainly justifies taking them, didn't mean to sound like I was knocking her. Sorry if it came off that way.

I would've guessed Sabrina had a game or two where she launched quite a few, not surprised DT is way up there.
Didn't think you were--just wanted to throw some credit her way in case people thought she was missing a lot

Reaction Score
So…. Can we talk about Haley jones?? Or the fact that she isn’t being talked about…. Is she not succeeding in the W??

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So…. Can we talk about Haley jones?? Or the fact that she isn’t being talked about…. Is she not succeeding in the W??
Not exactly thriving. Doesn't look like she's made a big jump in her second year either.

Not that I thought she would flop as a pro, but looking at how she didn't improve AT ALL after her soph year of college (I would say she went backward a bit the next 2 years), I didn't really expect she would set the league on fire.

Reaction Score
Not exactly thriving. Doesn't look like she's made a big jump in her second year either.

Not that I thought she would flop as a pro, but looking at how she didn't improve AT ALL after her soph year of college (I would say she went backward a bit the next 2 years), I didn't really expect she would set the league on fire.

So I’ve never seen her in high school but really confused how she was better than Boston.

Reaction Score
So I’ve never seen her in high school but really confused how she was better than Boston.
She just didn’t develop in college imo. 6’2” with her skill set going into college she could have been generational imo. But her shooting got worse and the rest of her skill set never expanded either. Got a national championship and a Stanford degree so really who could complain.

Reaction Score
The fact she's playing PG is confusing to me. Don't recall that being her natural spot while in college. But it doesn't fully explain why her progression has been underwhelming. It's a head scratcher.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just curious, how many times does a player have to take a smack to the face before the refs call a foul, or even review it?

Reaction Score
The fact she's playing PG is confusing to me. Don't recall that being her natural spot while in college. But it doesn't fully explain why her progression has been underwhelming. It's a head scratcher.
To piggy back on this as it also relates to Atlanta, what is going on with Amihere? Cubaj is getting more minutes and she joined late due to overseas commitments. Perplexing.

Reaction Score
Some Friday night levity. Thank you Nike for bringing awareness to those who are really affected by the growth of the WNBA. Guys, like Mr. Earl. ;)

Reaction Score
I think she isn't being talked about one element is because she plays for Atlanta and they are decent but not getting a lot of media attention. Is she succeeding? I would say yes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It seems like she was kinda the de facto PG about half the time at Stanford, but I never thought it was her strong suit. She can pass, but not a great ball handler and turn over prone.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...Vegas doesn't suck?

How in the world is Gray a +19 in the +/- while shooting 1-6 w/ 1 assist and 3 turnovers?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom