May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II | Page 32 | The Boneyard

May 2024 WNBA Thread, part II

Reaction Score
IMO and after review neither rose to the level of flagrant. The second under the basket could've been called a foul but neither of the two visible refs had a good line of sight. Correct me if I'm wrong the refs can review for a flagrant but they cannot call a common foul on a review where no foul was called initially.

Correct but they can change a foul to no foul of the call is challenged

Reaction Score
YouTube comments. I saw the same comments as @visitingcock while I was looking up highlights on that platform.
Here is a sample video by. “coach” Adrienne Ross ( I don’t know what she has ever coached) from after the Fever beat the Dream. Pure click bait for the Clarkistas.

Note the 1400 comments, the VAST majority of which agree with her.

Reaction Score
Here is a sample video by. “coach” Adrienne Ross ( I don’t know what she has ever coached) from after the Fever beat the Dream. Pure click bait for the Clarkistas.

Yes, using the quotation marks around coach was a sage idea. Looking her up, that word is being used loosely in her bio but nothing specific from a sports aspect. Considering she has less than 10K subscribers on YouTube, my guess is she's leveraging Clark for engagement for herself and the media group she is part of.

Reaction Score

I have watched a few of "Coach" Adrienne Ross videos. Like the rest of us, she has a different lens when it comes to basketball and her take on Coach Sides, in this particular matter. Her take on 'The Fever should not have drafted Clark" was interesting and way off. Had the Fever not drafted Clark and she went off to another team and did well, folks like Ross would be up in arms about the Fever not drafting Clark.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Indiana about to put away Chicago, will be their 4th win in last 6 games. It's starting to come together for them. Clark looked REALLY good. A very efficient 23 points and nearly a triple double. All this recent talk about the ROY race is silly. It's Clark in a runaway. Whoever at ESPN ranked her 6th among rookies is hopeless.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
IMO and after review neither rose to the level of flagrant. The second under the basket could've been called a foul but neither of the two visible refs had a good line of sight. Correct me if I'm wrong the refs can review for a flagrant but they cannot call a common foul on a review where no foul was called initially.
I have seen them call a common foul retroactively. They call it an "Unobserved foul". It surprised me when I saw that done.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
So with today's win, where Clark and Boston connection looked REAL good, the Fever are 5-10. But there's a big quirk in their schedule thus far:

Fever are 0-6 against CT and NY (the teams with two best records in league who are a combined 24-3)
They are 5-4 against everyone else.

Their next 3 games (home vs DC, at Atlanta, at Chicago) are also all teams they have previously defeated.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So with today's win, where Clark and Boston connection looked REAL good, the Fever are 5-10. But there's a big quirk in their schedule thus far:

Fever are 0-6 against CT and NY (the teams with two best records in league who are a combined 24-3)
They are 5-4 against everyone else.

Their next 3 games (home vs DC, at Atlanta, at Chicago) are also all teams they have previously defeated.
The other quirk in scheduling is that they played so many games out of the gate, twice as many as several other teams in the league. Now they've actually gotten a bit of rest and practice time between games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces signed Jessika Carter. Waived Emma Cannon.

Reaction Score
Giving Lexie Hull more minutes is helping the Fever defensively. She was really good out there today and she also made a couple of shots. She is an offensive liability, but alongside Smith, Boston, Mitchell, and Clark she doesn't really need to worry about that being a part of her role on the team.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh sure, once I gave the Storm some credit they started losing again. Too much Copper and Griner today. And Loyd/SDS back to cold shooting, combined 9-30.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Giving Lexie Hull more minutes is helping the Fever defensively. She was really good out there today and she also made a couple of shots. She is an offensive liability, but alongside Smith, Boston, Mitchell, and Clark she doesn't really to worry about that being a part of her role on the team.
Amen. I will say, it made sense starting Wallace when Mitchell was out, for a second ball handler alongside Clark. But Wallace is a defensive liability alongside Clark and Mitchell, which means they have no great perimeter defense in their starting lineup. Hull does give them that, and is just credible enough a three point threat that you can't just leave her unprotected at the Wing. But it sure would it be nice if she got her college shooting touch back - I'd feel much more confident about her long-term staying power in the league.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Noting that Griner has only played in 4 games for Phoenix, but since she's returned the Mercury are 3-1 (yes, 3 of those games were at home, but they were against Minnesota, Vegas, Seattle). In 4 games, Griner is averaging:

22ppg
7.8rpg
2.3apg
1.8bpg
And is shooting 63% from the field.

She is still ELITE.

Reaction Score
Amen. I will say, it made sense starting Wallace when Mitchell was out, for a second ball handler alongside Clark. But Wallace is a defensive liability alongside Clark and Mitchell, which means they have no great perimeter defense in their starting lineup. Hull does give them that, and is just credible enough a three point threat that you can't just leave her unprotected at the Wing. But it sure would it be nice if she got her college shooting touch back - I'd feel much more confident about her long-term staying power in the league.
Agreed re Mitchell, et al, The Farm Fan.

Re Lexie, she's got weaknesses. However, it seems in her third season, she's now well established as an asset for the Fever or, would be for lots of other teams that would love to have her if Fever management loses its mind.

Reaction Score
Noting that Griner has only played in 4 games for Phoenix, but since she's returned the Mercury are 3-1 (yes, 3 of those games were at home, but they were against Minnesota, Vegas, Seattle). In 4 games, Griner is averaging:

22ppg
7.8rpg
2.3apg
1.8bpg
And is shooting 63% from the field.

She is still ELITE.
And a truly positive sign for the U.S. Olympic team!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I know it's early, but with 37% of the season completed, The Fever just moved into the eighth and final playoff spot. If they can hold it,, that would be a major accomplishment for them, especially after a very slow start, with little practice time.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Caitlin took a flagrant 1 shot to the head from her friend Angel Reese.

I think that Katie Lou is 6-8 from deep in her last 2 games. Very efficient!
So far in Indiana's first 15 games KLS has only 3 turnovers and 18 assists. She has been guarding several bigs, when Boston and Smith have been in foul trouble. She sets more screens on the Fever then anyone on the team. They have run so few plays, to her, when she goes around screens. Her 3 pt shooting %, I believe, is near her highest in the W.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I know it's early, but with 37% of the season completed, The Fever just moved into the eighth and final playoff spot. If they can hold it,, that would be a major accomplishment for them, especially after a very slow start, with little practice time.
Sheesh that's pretty nuts considering how rough the season has appeared to be thus far. They have the worst point differential in the league by a wide margin. They're 0-8 vs. the top 4 teams but 4-1 vs the bottom 4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom