Maryland post game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Maryland post game thread

Reaction Score
The state of UConn football is summed up when we finally scored a touchdown today we give up a long TD on the next play from scrimmage. We decide to play for a field goal on 4th and short and we miss it. Will we lead the nation in missed tackles by the secondary and LBs after week one? There were veterans with bad wiffs today. It is never corrected. Again with the dropped passes, 2 bad ones by one wideout. Play a younger player like Harper in his place. Both our QBs had some really inaccurate throws. Play Welliver this coming game. Bell is a serious weapon and needs a good passer. This program needs some juice and we have none. Fagano can be the experienced backup.

Reaction Score
For the few hundred people that went to the open practice at The Rent a couple weeks ago, this was the same exact offense that we saw.

Plenty of WR’s that couldn’t catch and terrible qb play outside of Welliver.
I was there and would disagree on the drops….know it was a scrimmage but that was one thing they didn’t do was drop many balls. Was impressed with the receivers hands in that scrimmage. And Welliver is our QB of the future. Big, strong arm, accurate. Know we still have to give Evers a chance to redeem himself but will be interesting to see when they go to Welliver as I think he is our guy for the next 4 years.

Reaction Score
Uconn may lead FBS football in targeting ejections at the end of week 1. Shameful that those were UConn's hardest hits. Mora, how about benching the next guy who does that. Give them a designated seat on bench. Coaching tip . . . tell your players NOT TO DO IT, EVER.
Who cares if they do it? Atleast they want to hit unlike some of the defense

Reaction Score
One thing that's been mentioned sparsely in the past, but we just don't look as physically imposing as we did during RE 1.0 or even early PP years. I remember being up close next to those guys and going holy crap, theyre huge. They looked like NFL guys. You could even see it on the TV screen.

We haven't looked like that in a while.

I also feel like we haven't recruited to an identity since then, either. Those teams were built with an identity in mind. Now it seems like we just take scraps.

Reaction Score
Atleast with Florida getting blown out at home with all their talent this loss will go under the radar

Reaction Score
CT resident and it would Be cool to have a legit program in the state. Maybe it is sacrilege among the husky alums here but Is it inappropriate to at least ask “At what point is UConn v Maine a much more enjoyable fall Sat than watching this nonsense over n over?“.

Maybe it is a necessary cash dump in order to maybe stay in the running for a Big 12 type of lifeline. But, at what cost? And for how long is it ok that much of that maybe remains a pipe dream?

Dont know the answers and I probably will get blasted for asking the question . but, have folks said, “ we belong in the CAA like Maine, UNH and URI“ ?

Reactions: OEX
Reaction Score
Who cares if they do it? Atleast they want to hit unlike some of the defense
I agree the defense doesn't seem like they wanna hit anyone. But, the guys getting targeting calls is piss poor. You can get a cheerleader to hit a player sliding and giving himself up. That's not wanting to hit. It's a cheap shot that hurts the team.

Reaction Score
CT resident and it would Be cool to have a legit program in the state. Maybe it is sacrilege among the husky alums here but Is it inappropriate to at least ask “At what point is UConn v Maine a much more enjoyable fall Sat than watching this nonsense over n over?“.

Maybe it is a necessary cash dump in order to maybe stay in the running for a Big 12 type of lifeline. But, at what cost? And for how long is it ok that much of that maybe remains a pipe dream?

Dont know the answers and I probably will get blasted for asking the question . but, have folks said, “ we belong in the CAA like Maine, UNH and URI“ ?
It's untenable. We'd lose even more money playing FCS football. It's FBS or bust.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I’m in Dallas and I saw North Texas go from 1-AA to 1-A years ago. The first few years they were down 21-0 in the first quarter of every game. Then they were competitive in the first quarter and collapsed in the second quarter. Then they were competitive in the first half and fell apart in the second half. Eventually they were competitive in all four quarters of most games. They still aren’t a very good football program, but they’re not an embarrassment either. No one points to them and laughs. I’m not greedy or unrealistic. I just don’t want to be embarrassed.

Reaction Score
I’m in Dallas and I saw North Texas go from 1-AA to 1-A years ago. The first few years they were down 21-0 in the first quarter of every game. Then they were competitive in the first quarter and collapsed in the second quarter. Then they were competitive in the first half and fell apart in the second half. Eventually they were competitive in all four quarters of most games. They still aren’t a very good football program, but they’re not an embarrassment either. No one points to them and laughs. I’m not greedy or unrealistic. I just don’t want to be embarrassed.
What sucks more is that we were pretty solid right out of the gate into FBS. The sport changed too much for us and we never hired the right people or kept resources in the right places to keep up with it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Reaction Score
if welliver is as good as we claim he is, and shows it in a couple games for us, he will get picked up quick by an actual team and be on the first flight out of town.
That's why you get everything you can out of every player while they're on the roster. If he came out and played well, got us to six wins and bounced to a higher profile school, it's good for the brand.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At what point is UConn v Maine a much more enjoyable fall Sat than watching this nonsense over n over?“.
More enjoyable? Right now, to be honest.

Preferable? Never.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom