Maryland post game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maryland post game thread

Reaction Score
I’m watching North Dakota State move the ball against Iowa State. They have a 33 year old O coordinator who came from FCS. We can make all the excuses we want. We continue to hire retreads and/or insane coaches instead of looking for innovative young talent. Did Lashlee have more talent than this UConn team? I don’t know, but with his schemes, he was able to move the ball.

Reaction Score
If it was year four or five, maybe even six of crappy fb, this game carries no extra meaning. Ten years (not counting two years ago and 2015) of inept unbearable football make it impossible to think this team can rebound off this game. The Mora trust clock is ticking quickly. In his defense though, I’m not quite sure there is a coach out there rn who could pull this program from the hell depth of non conference status. That team looked dead in the water after the first Maryland TD and carried the stank that there was no way they were going to overcome even a fourteen point deficit.

Reaction Score
Start Welliver next week. Not sure what they have to lose. You know what u have in Fagnano, Evers is raw and seems to be the exact same QB that was on the roster for 2 seasons! Let the prototypical pocket passer do that. If Bell is one of the better wideouts in the past few years then let a true pocket passer throw it. Live with the picks.

Reaction Score
Uconn may lead FBS football in targeting ejections at the end of week 1. Shameful that those were UConn's hardest hits. Mora, how about benching the next guy who does that. Give them a designated seat on bench. Coaching tip . . . tell your players NOT TO DO IT, EVER.

Reaction Score
what are we doing EXISTENTIALLY wrong, as a program? not just today, but overall, i mean.

like... i have no theories at this point. This past week I've been watching North Dakota, Western Carolina, ND State, hold their own against respectable FBS power programs. I doubt they have great NIL collectives, if at all.

Like... what in tarnation.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I’ve found a new level of frustration now with the evolving college sports landscape. I thought it couldn’t get worse, but it has.

It is still so frustrating and disappointing to watch this program. Complete incompetence and embarassment…but honestly, I am used to that at this point.

But I felt a new level of frustration now as well. Knowing that we are paying these players over $1MM…it makes it even more frustrating and unbelievable. I just think of how much of a difference $1MM could make in this world.

This is not the players fault, so not blaming them for getting paid. Just relaying this new level of frustration that I have now started feeling. I thought my level of frustration couldn’t get worse…but they’ve found a way to make me feel even more flabbergasted watching this program.

I will continue to watch and support this program. But I completely understand why there are very few of us left. This program is impossible to get any joy out of or enjoy.

Reaction Score
It's the first game of the season and there's really nothing left to say.

If we don't hammer Merrimack next week it's time for another reckoning.
This was always going to be a bad mismatch for us. I figured 45-14. I just think it is hard to keep focus when you are badly overmatched. I agree if we don’t pound Merrimack something is very wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom