Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Don’t look at me. (Not my dog)

IMG_3643.jpeg

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
There wasn't any singular aspect of the game that would indicate improvement over last year. Yes, they were able to pass the ball for yardage, but aside from the sole TD pass, it was tough to watch. They can't tackle but they can get called for targeting, well that's flippin' fantastic. I want to see a blowout the other way next week.

Reaction Score
Someone explain to me Mora's hires and how he thought they would work out...

Mora returns Spanos as DC, only to fire him just before the season starts with no plans for a replacement. Then, he hires himself as DC

Finally he brings in someone to experiment with a 3-3-5 defense, which UConn fans still have PTSD from.

The team hires an unimaginative play-caller from an FCS School not known for its offense.

Charlton is pushed out so an unproven run first OL coach can be promoted as a first-time OC, at a time when the program desperately needs fresh energy.

To make matters worse, the special teams coach, who has been nothing short of a disaster in recent years, is repeatedly brought back.

Are these decisions driven by budget constraints? If so, it’s no wonder the Big 12 is extremely hesitant about UConn’s prospects.
Spanos the coward left he wasn't fired.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It was all too familiar. Overmatched, outplayed, outcoached by a much stronger & way more competent team. Horrible day.

Moving on to Merrimack next week.
Coach?

Reaction Score
It's the first game of the season and there's really nothing left to say.

If we don't hammer Merrimack next week it's time for another reckoning.
That's the key. It has to be a hammering of Merrimack. It can't be a nail biting win like the one over Yale a few years ago or the one over Rhode Island where Lou Spanos was grateful to the heavens when they stopped Rhode Island on the last play of the game. UConn was in this same position in 2021 after getting embarrassed at Frenso State 45-0 when they had to play Holy Cross. That loss to Holy Cross was a killer and showed how far UConn Football sank into the sewer. Needless to say, that cannot happen against Merrimack.

Reaction Score
I didn’t expect this, but I wasn’t expecting much better.

Bell looked great and the OL didn’t look terrible for having 3 new starters.

If that Anderson guy catches passes he should, Evers passing numbers look much better. His legs did intrigue me and should really show vs lower completion next week.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Tough first game….too many new pieces against a pretty good team on the road.

Hopefully the staff learned about some players and are ready to start over again next week.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

If that Anderson guy catches passes he should, Evers passing numbers look much better. His legs did intrigue me and should really show vs lower completion next week.
That and 11 bucks will get you an extra value meal at McDonalds.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Mora said during a sideline post-game interview something like "that team today was not the one I've been seeing the last few weeks", or something like that. Well, that team we saw today was like what we saw last year, so not sure what his surprise was about.

Reaction Score

I can see why Iowa State got rid of him. If you can't catch you might wanna use 2 hands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom