Maryland post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe this is why we’re in NE prison for now

Haters go take a cold shower.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why aren't we considered a top candidate for the ACC? That makes the most sense for both football and basketball, as well as geography. Am I missing something?.
Uconn has to be very careful there, the ACC is on a precipice, the Big 12 is not. To me, joining the ACC would depend on the terms and how much joining the ACC helps the football program. What UConn needs right now is to demonstrate to the Big 12 movement by the state and the BOT to building the on campus stadium. Don’t forget about the reasons why UConn, which was favored years ago to get an invite by the ACC, and ultimately was spurned by the ACC in favor of Louisville, even after UConn had just defeated them in football. It may take several years but the school’s administrators and it’s fans in both basketball and football must realize that if the football team doesn’t survive then the school as a whole will devolve back to where it was pre Geno and pre Calhoun. I don’t see a Gonzaga like school getting any invites to the ACC or the Big 12.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's one thing to lose and get out played. What dissapointed me the most is that I saw a team with no guts or toughness. The tackling or lack there of was atrocious did we not even bother to have our guys make contact in practices?

The play calling was gutless punting on 4th and 2 at midfield with the game in the balance still, then you punt on 4th and 5 with the game over. What that tells me is you're afraid to win and afraid to compete against the likes of a Maryland. You have false bravado when the game is over.

I'm very disappointed in Mora his teams have continually been unprepared and undisciplined. You wanna look good at practices and virtue signal but when it comes to game day I don't see any passion from this team at all. This is Moras 3rd season, I don't care that much about the score against Maryland but that performance and the body I saw from the team and on the sideline is unacceptable. There needs to be a he'll practice that is uptempo all week and take that into the Merrimack game.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to lose and get out played. What dissapointed me the most is that I saw a team with no guts or toughness. The tackling or lack there of was atrocious did we not even bother to have our guys make contact in practices?

The play calling was gutless punting on 4th and 2 at midfield with the game in the balance still, then you punt on 4th and 5 with the game over. What that tells me is you're afraid to win and afraid to compete against the likes of a Maryland. You have false bravado when the game is over.

I'm very disappointed in Mora his teams have continually been unprepared and undisciplined. You wanna look good at practices and virtue signal but when it comes to game day I don't see any passion from this team at all. This is Moras 3rd season, I don't care that much about the score against Maryland but that performance and the body I saw from the team and on the sideline is unacceptable. There needs to be a he'll practice that is uptempo all week and take that into the Merrimack game.
Agree on Mora, but I think he won’t make the same mistakes twice. That being said, I’m surprised that even though the press and the school picked up and touted several talented players we got through the portal, what bothers me is what we lost, and that’s also on Mora. I mean not having players like Justin Joly and some others on the field for us yesterday, did hurt us.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely about coaching and talent. The coaching was absymal.
The team made their stance on FB clear when they went to independent status. They are not investing at this point. It appears they are willing to play home games in front of 9 to 23 K fans and take their lumps/ With good coaching they could have lost 39 to 13.

Reaction Score
I was at this embarrassing debacle in the front row not feeling any way optimistic about this season. I willnif Maryland goes undefeated which we all know will not be the case

Reaction Score
Welp maybe WVU (L to Penn State) and Houston (L to UNLV) are in our camp. And Texas Tech beat Abilene Christian 52-51 in OT.

Reaction Score
Uconn has to be very careful there, the ACC is on a precipice, the Big 12 is not. To me, joining the ACC would depend on the terms and how much joining the ACC helps the football program. What UConn needs right now is to demonstrate to the Big 12 movement by the state and the BOT to building the on campus stadium. Don’t forget about the reasons why UConn, which was favored years ago to get an invite by the ACC, and ultimately was spurned by the ACC in favor of Louisville, even after UConn had just defeated them in football. It may take several years but the school’s administrators and it’s fans in both basketball and football must realize that if the football team doesn’t survive then the school as a whole will devolve back to where it was pre Geno and pre Calhoun. I don’t see a Gonzaga like school getting any invites to the ACC or the Big 12.
This is laughable. UConn would take an ACC invite in a heartbeat. The reality is the ACC will not likely take UConn. Football is not improving at all and actually seems to be getting worse, if that is possible. Our former AAC brethren like Tulane, Memphis, and USF are much more likely to get a call. I am sure the Big 12 President's saw Houston get pasted last night and will be wondering If adding UConn will just add more of that.

Reaction Score
They are punching way above their weight playing anyone decent, let alone good. Next week Merrimack will be punching above its' weight. Support your team enjoy your win but do not delude yourself into thinking this is a good team or program at this point. Maybe some day.

Reaction Score
Gonna wait to see how we look against some of our most beatable opponents before drawing too many conclusions. It was worse than I expected but it was also one game.

Offensively I do have some faith in our skills positions. Whether we have the qb and oc to take advantage of them remains to be seen. Defensively didn’t see much to be optimistic about other than we were missing a few key guys

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s 50 to 7. It isn’t about coaching. Wide difference in talent. Period.

it can be both, and who recruited this team?

Edit: I am not sure we could beat either Dakota State team. How can they do it? I would happily sign up for a 5 point loss to Colorado or 24 point loss to Oklahoma State.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds