Maryland Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland Board

Reaction Score
From their scouting article on UConn:

He recruited him and doesn't even remember Sanogo's name. Lol. Get him out of here.
also has this quote: "I don't know much about UConn. I don't watch a lot of basketball."

i am sure he means that he doesn't have time to watch a lot of other teams, but that wording struck me as funny.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A massage board, like sourdough bread, requires a good starter. We have plenty of prime and ancient fungi around here.
Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

"Uh... thank you?"

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh my god our fan bases are so similar

How many idiots have come here and outwardly considered Geno coaching the men?
Uh none? And really, I am surprised that they even want Brenda Frese coaching their woman's team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Their fans were a rowdy bunch. Love their signs trashing the Dook players lol
I've been on campus a few times there. Had a friend in College Park. Went to the college bar there, Looney's. As soon as you mention a small disliking toward Duke, ears perk right up. I remember seeing a plethora of Duke-hating tee shirts one day at the local store next to Starbucks. Felt like home. Great dive bar across the street from Looney's, combo packie and dive bar with lots of pinball, if it is still standing. Let's go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I think the two hardest losses I can remember as a young UConn basketball fan are the 1995 and 2002 Elite 8 losses. I was so upset when we lost those games because I really thought we were going to the Final Four. Saturday night we get a shot at revenge.

Reaction Score
I think the two hardest losses I can remember as a young UConn basketball fan are the 1995 and 2002 Elite 8 losses. I was so upset when we lost those games because I really thought we were going to the Final Four. Saturday night we get a shot at revenge.
Those were tough and I was at the 2002 game in the place which shall not be named. But the worst loss has to be 2006. Just look at that damn roster.

Reaction Score
I hung out with some ok Maryland fans in 98 in Greensboro. I was young. Early 20s. They were probably the age I am now. Odd thing was, their team wasn't even in the building. I guess back then buying tickets was not as convenient as it is today.

Per their story, they requested tickets from the NCAA months before. Not knowing if their squad would be good enough to make the second weekend. Not knowing where the committee would place them. They just thought, "we are ok. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get placed in the east". So they were in Greensboro.

My reaction then and now still is, "you came anyways?" They were friendly dudes and good basketball fans.

Reaction Score
Saw us squeeze out a win over them despite shabazz fouling out at the Barclays center in the early 13-14 season. Two middle aged terp guys behind my brother and I (early 20s at the time) calling us all sorts of curses and homophobic names because we stood up until uconn made their first basket. In front of my mother. Duck maryland

Reaction Score
Saw us squeeze out a win over them despite shabazz fouling out at the Barclays center in the early 13-14 season. Two middle aged terp guys behind my brother and I (early 20s at the time) calling us all sorts of curses and homophobic names because we stood up until uconn made their first basket. In front of my mother. Duck maryland
Not defending Maryland fans. I'm fine with Duck them. But Ricky Moore's parents yelled at me one time for the same.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t that an Orlander 3 ?
Pretty much his only points of the year.

Reaction Score
Maryland and UConn are kindred spirits I feel like. Similar academic/athletic/geographic profiles. Both have at one point or another been Randy Edsall’s dream job.
idk maryland pulled an even more selfish and purely money motivated move than any other school during realignment by leaving the acc for the big10. i would have absolutely hated that if i were a fan of theirs big whoop their games are on the big10 network.

Reaction Score
I was pissed about the ‘03 tourney game vs Texas, ahhh Marcus White! I felt that we outplayed the number 1 seed that game man

Reaction Score
Agreed but don’t forget about the Florida loss (Donyell missed FT’s). That still hurts.

Reaction Score
Was there as well. My sister worked for Barclays at the time. Gifted me really great seats. Not good enough for a ref to single me out, but good. 10th row ish. I was sitting around a bunch of wealthy snobs. It changed the vibe. Was tough to tell who was cool. Who was not. Just seemed like I was surrounded by banking and finance frat kids.

Reaction Score
Maryland is a wretched place inhabited by wretched people. The only reason for their state to exist is to make travelers on 95 miss New Jersey.

I have no interest in their thoughts.
There are so many nice places in Maryland. Awesome beach, shrimp and crab, and nice weather longer. Of course you can’t experience any of that from 95. That said, I want to crush them.

Reaction Score
I like this post from A Maryland supporter.

Was kinda hoping they missed the tourney to get Turgeon fired

Maybe losing in the 1st round will do it
Ha Ha, that fan sure has a strange way of looking at things.

Reaction Score
idk maryland pulled an even more selfish and purely money motivated move than any other school during realignment by leaving the acc for the big10. i would have absolutely hated that if i were a fan of theirs big whoop their games are on the big10 network.

I constantly forget they're in the Big 10. When I think ACC, Maryland is one of the first schools I think of. It's honestly a travesty they don't play Duke every year with how much their fan base absolutely loathes Duke.

Reaction Score
Maryland fans are wannabe Philly types. Rude. Obnoxious. And dumb. Sat on their side of the field after Edsall left UConn to coach there and we beat them in the weird Azzi Fudd stadium. Triple decker on one side. Single bowl on the other. . They were cursing me and my nine year old daughter at the start of the game just for wearing blue and white. F them.

Reaction Score
I constantly forget they're in the Big 10. When I think ACC, Maryland is one of the first schools I think of. It's honestly a travesty they don't play Duke every year with how much their fan base absolutely loathes Duke.
Conference realignment has not really worked out for any of these teams who left for football $$. The biggest benefactor of Conference realignment seems to be Nova. As far as basketball success is concerned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom