Maryland Board | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maryland Board

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I constantly forget they're in the Big 10. When I think ACC, Maryland is one of the first schools I think of. It's honestly a travesty they don't play Duke every year with how much their fan base absolutely loathes Duke.

They hated the ACC because they felt it catered to the NC schools...which, of course, it did.

Reaction Score
They hated the ACC because they felt it catered to the NC schools...which, of course, it did.
I always think of Maryland in the ACC as well. I'll never get used to Maryland or Nebraska being in the Big 10.

Reaction Score
There are so many nice places in Maryland. Awesome beach, shrimp and crab, and nice weather longer. Of course you can’t experience any of that from 95. That said, I want to crush them.

Only thing I like in Maryland is OC golf courses Lighthouse Sound and Rum Pointe and Seacrets a great bar. The Green Turtle chain ? of bars is terrapin heaven.

Roadkill time!

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Only thing I like in Maryland is OC golf courses Lighthouse Sound and Rum Pointe and Seacrets a great bar. The Green Turtle chain ? of bars is terrapin heaven.

Roadkill time!
Seacrets is the best bar there. Green Turtle is for you golfers. I’ll be in OC Saturday repping the good guys in hostile territory.

Reaction Score
One of the best performances ever by a UConn player and one of my favorite games except the ending.
That was my proudest moment in a loss ever in my 30 years of being a fan. I remember having no issues losing to Maryland after the game. Great effort and the team we lost to wasnt douchie.

Reaction Score
I visited Maryland a couple of years ago on my Operation 351 journey. Their on campus arena is huge and seemed so out of place. The building was the size of MSG.

The Hall of Fame exhibit is set up in the main hall way and is very impressive.

Northwestern (57) vs. Maryland (73) 02/10/2018 – journey to 351
I've seen it. Kinda tucked away too atop a hill and in tje back part of campus if I am not mistaken. Big place. Never made it inside although I always asked around for tickets. Apparently folks don't let go of many of them. Not a Terps fan much as it is. Had a friend in College Park.

Reaction Score
We played there on a trip to Ocean City Maryland. The states were all a blur at that point.

Yeah it took me several golf trips with the boys to start realizing which state we were playing in. Between Seacrets closings and The Green Turtle it was a coin flip as to who was driving to the course at 7am too. Can’t do that anymore. Or at least shouldn’t lol

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't complain about the refs often, but the 2002 Final 8 game between Maryland and UConn had some of the most horsescalito officiating of any game UConn has ever played in. Lonnie Baxter took 18 free throws, and was getting calls like he was Karl Malone. Okafor only played 23 minutes as a result because he was in foul trouble the whole game. When Okafor was on the court, he basically wasn't allowed to play defense on Baxter.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That game was proof that the automatic sit with 2 fouls is poor strategy. We would have won if Butler didn't sit so much.

Reaction Score
Went to the Maryland / UConn game at MSG in 2015 (Jimmy V classic) and was really impressed by their fan showing in an arena we typically own. The officiating that game atrocious for us. Their fans seemed passionate and I had no bad experience with them.
I think it was at Barclay in Brooklyn. They had 80% of the crowd as it was a Maryland "home" game. Never forget Tyler Olander hit a three near to end of the game to give the win to the Huskies!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I think it was at Barclay in Brooklyn. They had 80% of the crowd as it was a Maryland "home" game. Never forget Tyler Olander hit a three near to end of the game to give the win to the Huskies!

Nope I think you're thinking of a different game in 2012 maybe?
Here's the one I'm referencing:

Reaction Score
Nope I think you're thinking of a different game in 2012 maybe?
Here's the one I'm referencing:
That Olander game was the 13/14 game to start the season.

cwh

Reaction Score
I don't complain about the refs often, but the 2002 Final 8 game between Maryland and UConn had some of the most horsescalito officiating of any game UConn has ever played in. Lonnie Baxter took 18 free throws, and was getting calls like he was Karl Malone. Okafor only played 23 minutes as a result because he was in foul trouble the whole game. When Okafor was on the court, he basically wasn't allowed to play defense on Baxter.
Yup. I was there. The refs didn't allow freshmen Okafor to guard senior Baxter. Heck, not even guard. Oke was getting called for just trying to hold his ground as Baxter kept driving into him. Those were key posssessions late in the game. I can't help thinking if Okafor was a junior or senior the whistle would have been put away on those plays. And then damn Steve Blake hitting that late three. The salt in the wound was that he was not a good three point shooter. At least that was just basketball. And then of course Maryland goes on to win it all. Auggh. I still loved being there as Caron was sensational and it was an exciting game.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Reading their fan comments from the article on previewing UConn, is amusing. Many of them think that they will win because their conference is better without any other reasons. Saturday can't get here fast enough.

From their comments ..... "

Terps should win​

CT is not very good, BE was terrible this year!
Game may be hard to watch, CT offense is pretty RVWinkleish
Go Terps, time to take out the trash!
Posted by hickok2hawley on Mar 18, 2021 | 9:33 AM"

Come on guys & gals​

UCONN got beat by Creighton which GT destroyed by damn near 30 and we act like UCONN is good. LOL. They have a decent team but the Terps play in the best conference in American no cup cakes in the Big Ten. If you can beat a 1 seed : Illini, and was playing Mich tough you can beat anyone. I understand we can lose also but please don’t act like UCONN is that good. Terps 74 UCONN 64.
Posted by Steve Stanfield on Mar 17, 2021 | 11:24 PM
"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom