Maryland Board | The Boneyard

Maryland Board

Reaction Score
Anybody swung by there? From what I was reading their fans seem to have respect for us and the program. I’m kinda surprised because of the whole Rudy Gay “situation”. They also referenced the ‘02 elite 8 game, saying that no other team in the tournament scared them from the outset like we did, damn we shoulda pulled that out! Caron was a DOG and almost willed us to that win

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Went to the Maryland / UConn game at MSG in 2015 (Jimmy V classic) and was really impressed by their fan showing in an arena we typically own. The officiating that game atrocious for us. Their fans seemed passionate and I had no bad experience with them.

Reaction Score
Anybody swung by there? From what I was reading their fans seem to have respect for us and the program. I’m kinda surprised because of the whole Rudy Gay “situation”. They also referenced the ‘02 elite 8 game, saying that no other team in the tournament scared them from the outset like we did, damn we shoulda pulled that out! Caron was a DOG and almost willed us to that win
One of the best performances ever by a UConn player and one of my favorite games except the ending.

Reaction Score
Went to the Maryland / UConn game at MSG in 2015 (Jimmy V classic) and was really impressed by their fan showing in an arena we typically own. The officiating that game atrocious for us. Their fans seemed passionate and I had no bad experience with them.
Yes I agree especially with how they were reffing diamond stone

Reaction Score
Hey they bought Diamond Stone away from us, they can’t hold too big a grudge

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Hey they bought Diamond Stone away from us, they can’t hold too big a grudge
Yeah, amusing to think that Under Armour U would be concerned about others having shady recruiting tactics

Reaction Score
I'm surprised to hear the positive fan interactions. My brother went there for undergrad and their fanbase was one of the worst I've ever encountered. Obnoxious, violent...generally awful

I dislike them less now that they're I'm the big 10 but during the ACC days they were the worst (except against duke...they were always on their A game trashing them)

Reaction Score
Overall, I respect the hell out of Maryland as a school and I wish we could be an East Coast B10 peer of theirs. We have had good games with them in the past. What an enjoyable rivalry that could be in both football and basketball. My little cousin went there. Excited to play them.

Reaction Score
I like this post from A Maryland supporter.

Was kinda hoping they missed the tourney to get Turgeon fired

Maybe losing in the 1st round will do it

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
In general have positive opinions on Maryland fans when we faced them at MSG and Barclays Center.

I'm not impressed with their message board though. Not much activity on their forum (compared to ours).

Reaction Score
The free UM site I saw included a lot of Turgeon griping and sniping. Can't really tell if that is a small group out of the mainstream or not. Y'all know message boards.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is @BigErnMcCracken going to be in Indy eating cookies? Was that Maryland at Barclays or Duke in NJ?

Maryland and UConn are kindred spirits I feel like. Similar academic/athletic/geographic profiles. Both have at one point or another been Randy Edsall’s dream job.

that being said, let’s crush them.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Is @BigErnMcCracken going to be in Indy eating cookies? Was that Maryland at Barclays or Duke in NJ?

Maryland and UConn are kindred spirits I feel like. Similar academic/athletic/geographic profiles. Both have at one point or another been Randy Edsall’s dream job.

that being said, let’s crush them.

That was at MSG (vs Maryland), where he was fed up with refs. So was KO and he threw those papers on the floor.

Reaction Score
Inside Maryland Sports (IMS) is the top Maryland forum. Also, Testudo Times have articles and a HUGE comments section.

There are a ton of Turgeon haters over here in the DMV and they will probably throw you a party if you could beat the Terps. It's so bad that some posters want Brenda Frese to coach the men team.

Reaction Score
Inside Maryland Sports (IMS) is the top Maryland forum. Also, Testudo Times have articles and a HUGE comments section.

There are a ton of Turgeon haters over here in the DMV and they will probably throw you a party if you could beat the Terps. It's so bad that some posters want Brenda Frese to coach the men team.
From their scouting article on UConn:
"They have the starting centers, the guy that we tried to get that we didn't get, so you know, we have a good feel," Turgeon said.
He recruited him and doesn't even remember Sanogo's name. Lol. Get him out of here.

Reaction Score

Oh my god our fan bases are so similar

How many idiots have come here and outwardly considered Geno coaching the men?

Reaction Score

thanks! the testudo times article has a huge, message board-like comments section. i was curious to see what the md fanbase thought about the uconn match-up.

they are afraid of our offensive rebounding, which makes me happy. they are relieved that we don't have "a dominating big man" but i am wondering if they realize how much better sanogo is than his season stats indicate. they are also relieved that we don't "push the pace" on offense, but i imagine that we will try to in this game. they also think their dpoy guard can shut down bouknight, but i am pretty sure the terps switch everything on d anyway...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom