Marquette Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Nika's defense especially in the 4th wow....now the team gets some much needed rest. Dorka has had two solid games in a row. Azzi is a machine
Huh? E’s and Doris’s Defense. E battled all day with a bigger player, multiple steals - Dorka’s hedging which led to a steal, her hands in the passing lane leading to a steal - Nikka hustles but was out of position most of the game. I’ll say the 4th qtr was her best on defense but when we are healthy I don’t see her playing much

Reaction Score
Agreed. Azzi and Dorka get my co-stars of the game, but in many ways, Nika was the real star.
I defer to your expertise. My choice for player of the game--TEAM. I was enchanted by the way that 4th quarter went, but I predicted it. Geno was holding them back on fouls and finally let them play tough D in the 4th. I Couldn't be happier with any Uconn team more than these 2 or 3 past games. TEAM BADASS.

Reaction Score
Lots of good developments. Azzi, Dorka and Evina had great games. I'd like to see more players in a position to rebound when we shoot. I don't see where it makes a lot of sense to have Dorka shoot 3's with basically no one under the basket to rebound. I'm fine with ehr shooting 3's but some players need to hit the boards or we will continue to get out rebounded. Marquette had 5 more rebounds today than we did. We only had 6 turnovers though and recently have been doing a little better in that regard and that is tremendous news. Cutting turnovers by that much made a huge difference. hitting 10 three pointers didn't hurt either. (10-20 today).

I'd like to be in cumbaya mode but we still are limited by what players we have available. Thank God we have them but imagine a team where Azzi is only needed to supplement rather than carry the offense? Where Dorka can focus more on defense and rebounding. Where CW is our defensive stopper and fast break converter. Where Caroline can post up her player under the basket and is not needed to shoot 3's. Where Paige orchestrates the symphony and Liv clogs the middle, blocks shots and distributes assists.

Reaction Score
The game started like the Villanova game, but the UCONN 3s kept it close. Again, UCONN was missing the layups and Marquette was getting several lucky shots. This time the 4th quarter, which was not very different than the one against Villanova, demolished Marquette.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
6 turnovers , Hands up not dropping down avoiding fouls , fouls 10, 46% floor, 50% from 3, and 57% from the line. We are improving individually and as a team with 3 key players on the bench. with that said when those 3 can play again. Lookout here comes tomorrow

Reaction Score
I suspect few remember, but I posted a few years ago that Mikes Hard Lemonade Mango flavor is my "go to" drink when UCONN is in a tough game. I don't know why, but it seems to turn the tide UCONN's way in the game. Sometimes it only takes one to get things going right...other times ... like today, it takes a few more than one. Needless to say, I'll be making a trip to the store before Friday's game!! :):D:cool:

I thought EVINA was OUTSTANDING in the 2nd half...especially 4th qtr. this was one of those games that shows how serious she is about her reason for coming back for another season... "Unfinished Business". Great Game by E, Azzi, Dorka, CW, and Nika orchestrating like a Maestro.

GO HUSKIES!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Geno was asked about the improvement in D in the 4th quarter and said
something to the effect that they understood the Marquette O better and were able
to adjust...

I humbly disagree:
It was pure effort and determination, going after every dribble, blocking shots, causing general mayhem. Had little to do with X's and O's

Reaction Score
FINALLY...4th quarter character.

Been missing much of the year.

Kudos
THINK FOULs---Uconn saved those fouls with the easy shot MQ got. The last 3 games Geno held them from playing great D because he could not play with 4 players and everyone else on the bench. Injuries kills most teams, Geno has masked much of the issues.

Reaction Score
Huh? E’s and Doris’s Defense. E battled all day with a bigger player, multiple steals - Dorka’s hedging which led to a steal, her hands in the passing lane leading to a steal - Nikka hustles but was out of position most of the game. I’ll say the 4th qtr was her best on defense but when we are healthy I don’t see her playing much
Who are Doris and Nikka.... Nika's defense was wow for me

vaeman

CT transplant to DMV
Reaction Score
I truly believe by design, due to only having 6 players, that UConn doesn’t play real aggressive defense in the 1st half to avoid foul trouble. Then in the second half they play real aggressive.
IKR. It certainly seems that way.

Reaction Score
Evina made a big difference today. She hit her shots she slashed and made a runaway steal again. She is giving all she has. I think the 40 minute games took a toll on her. She has been playing great off the bench. Azzi really is gaining confidence that if she is guarded on the 3 point line she then takest it to the hoop. She can do it all. I think she has to start now as well. Who sits thats Geno's problem.
Go Huskies!!!!!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But lets put this perspective people. Geno played 7 players, mainly 6 in the fourth period, and it was MU that was fatigued at the end of the game. Not the team that has played 4 games in 7 days. Who's complaining about Geno's training techniques now?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just an image for now:

2021_11_7FortHaysTigersUConnWBB142.0.jpeg
Maybe I am imagining it but I think her pigtails are perfectly inline with the basket. :p:p

Reaction Score
Love these close games! You get to see which team has the stones for these battles. The mental toughness to grind it out. With all that this team has gone through this season, they are mentally tough and looked like they were ready for this moment. The first three quarters, it was nip and tuck. 4th quarter starts, UConn just blew the doors open! Loved it!! Azzi and Dorka. Outstanding game. Dealing with an assortment of body aches and pains. These two young ladies, put the team on their backs and battled to the end!

Nika. What can I say about this young lady that hasn't been said already? Love the fact that she continues to bring toughness and leadership to this team. Also, she might not score a lot but she helps out in other areas. Like rebounding and being a pest on defense. Another key contribution, her turnovers are way down and her assists are up. As a team, UConn only had 6! Pretty awesome. But props to Nika for just being a great teammate.

Evina!! Lady E. Mama E. She has been crushing it lately. Today was just another example of how she has embraced whatever role that is thrown her way. 70% shooting. 70%!! Also, she was active on defense. Active hands, feet, and voice. Great work, Evina!!

Props to Aaliyah as well. She has been assertive over these past few games. After that first DePaul game, she has become active and assertive in the paint. Not her best offensive game but she was being active on the defensive end. Missed some bunnies here and there. Like who wasn't missing bunnies out there today. Aaliyah is making some strides at the right time.

C-Dub. Not her best shooting game. But she, like the rest of the squad, chipped in on the defensive end and made it tough for Marquette. Shots aren't falling, help out in other ways. Great work, young leader.

Loved the mindset of this team. They are mentally tough. Love this about this team. Mentally tough!!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Great game today with UConn staying in contention, and then unleashing a defensive tour de force in the 4th. Contributions from all today. Just wish I understood what has happened to AE. No injuries reported, but she just disappears in too many games. I had such high hopes for her this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom