Marquette Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Marquette game:
  • With a BIG “grind it out” win at Marquette today, UConn has navigated the toughest part of their schedule, facing all the top tier BE teams along with TN over the past few weeks. With very little time off, while dealing with multiple injuries to key players, the Huskies will be a stronger team for it in March.
  • Marquette really worked to clog the lane, doing everything they could to keep UConn’s Bigs from taking over as they did vs DePaul. UConn stayed in the game in the first half only by hitting 50% from the arc on 6/12 shooting.
  • In the 2nd half Azzi took over on offense, with some help from her friends. Dorka, Christyn, Nika and Evina turned up the heat on D and UConn pulled away in the 4th qtr.
  • Once again, UConn appears to be plagued by missed layups. Some were tough shots with the off hand. Some were bunnies. But they were all shots you have to make in a tight game.
  • UConn now has the relative luxury of 5 days off to heal up and work through some things, finishing up the regular season with 5 straight home games. How the Huskies pull together all the pieces over the next few weeks will go a long way towards determining if there is a storybook ending for UConn WBB this season .

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just WOW!!!

In the last DePaul thread, I said that it might have been the most complete game this season, and one of the best games we played in a long while.

This game, that Q4 might have been the best Q4 of the season. Remember entering Q4 with the score close against several opponents, only to collapse? This was the opposite.

And it wasn't just Azzi Fudd scoring. It was the entire team. The defense was spectacular.
  • Westbrook with steals and some great moves on offense
  • Muhl absolutely harrassing whoever she was guarding everywhere on the floor
  • Fudd did not let the offensive player get past her, and her shooting was sensational
  • Juhaz - some great defense, and I thought there were a couple of fouls that should not have been called on her. And that 3 ball late - wow!
  • Christyn was just solid
I loved mixing up the defense in Q4. Instead of us getting worn down, only 5 core players went out and wore them down. On the negative side, Edwards had definitely taken 3 or 4 steps forward the past several games, but this one was definitely 2 steps back.

Great win at Marquette. Now please get healthy UCONN!!

Reaction Score
Great 4Q win, both Azzi and Droka have 21 pts and Evina 15 pts..

Screenshot (14).png

Reaction Score
That was a really entertaining game. For 30 minutes, Marquette just kept hitting the shots they needed to, preventing uconn from creating any type of gap. I was just waiting for the run to come, but was pleasantly surprised at how big that run was.

A great bounce back game for Fudd, and another great showing from Dorka. I was especially impressed by Dorka's defensive presence. I'm really excited by the idea of these two players continuing to build confidence and consistency.

Solid road win for the huskies. Next game isn't until Friday, which gives us some needed rest and practice time. Hopefully we'll have another player back for that matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom