Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I posted I love this team back in December. A month later in January it was bumped asking if I still felt the same. I wasn’t able to respond because it was locked (probably because someone dug it back up). I posted a new thread to answer it, but that was deleted. This was about 2 weeks ago I’d say.

'First one was locked because it was a two month old thread. Never saw the second one, unless it was merged with the game thread.

Sorry.

Reaction Score
Loved the impressive energy level tonight. They came out and balled. All participants contributed in meaningful ways. A couple things to work on, but it was refreshing that this game’s outcome was never in doubt. When they play their game, watch out.

Reaction Score
UConn looked energized! Maybe being back on campus with students has got these kids loose again. Put that team on the 4 line and every 1 seed will be sweating.

Reaction Score
There were so many key things that fed this win
  1. Alleyne had his best game of the season, on D and on O
  2. Newton handled the pressure well, drove the ball, found open people (who hit the shots) and helped tremendously on the boards
  3. Karaban was his usual, unselfish, high BBIQ self, being in the right place and hitting shots.
  4. Sanogo wasn't a black hole, made some shots but also found open shooters, including that sweet dime to Alleyne on the back cut
  5. Jackson could play his game because of better player and ball movement, so his guy couldn't just track the ball and double. And he made some incredible plays on the boards.
  6. Getting them in a little early foul trouble in the 1st half helped. And we didn't foul much except the final 3 minutes of that 1st half.
  7. This was a 25 point win if Clingan didn't miss some of his bunnies and free throws. He'll get it, and when he does, wow.
  8. Hawkins. Just, Hawkins.
Well said

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This was a real complete team effort tonight. Demolished them on the boards and with assists. Got off to an early lead and stomped them every time they tried to get back into it. Closed it out without letting them get back in. Especially happy they were able to do this in Hartford. I think the crowd had trouble believing what they were seeing. We need them to be more like Gampel.

caw

Reaction Score
Tonight Alleyne was the difference between a five point win and the final result. Way to go Nahiem!

Come on Alleyne. Hurley needs those five point wins to satisfy the naysayers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom