March Madness (Other Games Thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

March Madness (Other Games Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Arizona is a joke - every year Miller is presented with McD AAs and every year they crap the bed - yeah they have made EEs but with talent like that (always top 5 recruitment) you would think they would be better. Watching that team play last night was like watching grass grow. I am also sick of watching Miller and Buzz (Va Tech) sweat thru every shirt they wear. If someone told me that Zona had 3 McDs on their team after watching them I would have told them they were crazy.
USC - why not just hand the game to PeeCee???? That's what they did. PeeCee, playing anyone else would be back in Providence now.
Colorado - UConn should have beaten them by 20 - easy but the erratic ugly UConn reappeared for a few minutes and the refs allowed the game to be closer than it should have been
The PAC10 is lousy basketball and to see that many teams from a lousy league has me shaking my head.
I really thought Seton Hall was going to make some noise, but unfortunately, they met an angry Zags team. Seton Hall is a good NBE team but I am not sure how that translates in the big picture, especially when the best NBE team, Nova has been such a NCAA failure.
I am happy for Yale but that damn Baylor team has killed me 3 years in a row. So athletic, so stupid
I really like that Little Rock team - that team has players who can plain, flat out ball. really thought Purdue's size was going to take them places but they came up against a team that could beat size with speed and athleticism.
UNCWillmington - feel sorry for them, good team, good coach, but they couldn't overcome the refs - this is another that Puke got handed to them - this gets tiresome to watch

Going into Friday my hope is that the basketball gods send Syracuse back where they belong - to the NY freezer - how that team got into the dance blows my mind but it would be like them to win today

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So far my favorite part of the day is that one girl dancing around in a bikini in the Target commercial. OMG

Reaction Score
Good lord Dayton is horrendous. We're layup experts compared to these guys.
Their RPI inflated their resume, and they were overseeded. They were 56 by KenPom.

But when the Syracuse zone is playing like this, it's very hard to beat if you haven't experienced playing against it. You have to play better defense than Dayton has, and capitalize on TOs.

Dayton hasn't played well, but credit Syracuse's D here.

Reaction Score
Their RPI inflated their resume, and they were overseeded. They were 56 by KenPom.

But when the Syracuse zone is playing like this, it's very hard to beat if you haven't experienced playing against it. You have to play better defense than Dayton has, and capitalize on TOs.

Dayton has missed two dunks and like 8 layups. They don't have a single guy that knows how to put the ball in the hoop. They make our offense look like the Warriors.

Cuse doesn't even deserve to be in and they get this team? What a joke

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dayton throwing in the towel.

The Miller gene announces itself with authority.

Reaction Score

Sorry, I can't give the zone credit for a team missing multiple open dunks, another 10-12 wide open 3 footers, and most of their free throws.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I can't give the zone credit for a team missing multiple open dunks, another 10-12 wide open 3 footers, and most of their free throws.
Okay. Well, we'll disagree. They've missed some dunks and layups, sure, but they're spending almost the entire possession confused on the perimeter. Most of those shots aren't that open, either. Cuse's length is bothering them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Dayton throwing in the towel.

The Miller gene announces itself with authority.
Shut up and eat the mojo sandwich, commie. Thought you could sneak one in?

Reaction Score
Okay. Well, we'll disagree. They've missed some dunks and layups, sure, but they're spending almost the entire possession confused on the perimeter. Most of those shots that open, either. Cuse's length is bothering them.
Yeah I don't entirely disagree, I'm just irritated.

Reaction Score
Give credit where credit is due Syracuse is a tournament team and dominated this game

Reaction Score
Okay. Well, we'll disagree. They've missed some dunks and layups, sure, but they're spending almost the entire possession confused on the perimeter. Most of those shots aren't that open, either. Cuse's length is bothering them.

The strange thing is that Dayton did a decent job at the beginning of the game. Seemed like they knew what they had to do with the zone and were doing an ok (competent) job.

Not sure what happened . . . .

Reaction Score
Hawai'i bringing it to Cal. Feel bad for Berkley, though, since the lost a key player to a broken hand, and another player was ill pre-game.

Still: 27-20 Hawai'i.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin