March Madness (Other Games Thread) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

March Madness (Other Games Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
When I lived in California I had a theory on this. I think the run of the mill, non P5 and mid major teams on the east coast and parts of the midwest are just much stronger than the schedule stuffers west of the Rockies (Gonzaga excluded).

Cal beat East Carolina by 8 at home. The team that was last in our league, and we beat them by 18. They lost to Richmond.

Utah is a 3 seeed, but Miami blew them out. So did Wichita State. They did beat Temple back before Temple was playing well.

Arizona played one eastern team, PC...and lost.

Well Utah did beat duke in nyc

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Wow MSU losing by 8 in 2nd half. Middle Tenn is taking it to them, much faster on defense and all over the court.

Reaction Score
When I lived in California I had a theory on this. I think the run of the mill, non P5 and mid major teams on the east coast and parts of the midwest are just much stronger than the schedule stuffers west of the Rockies (Gonzaga excluded).

Cal beat East Carolina by 8 at home. The team that was last in our league, and we beat them by 18. They lost to Richmond.

Utah is a 3 seeed, but Miami blew them out. So did Wichita State. They did beat Temple back before Temple was playing well.

Arizona played one eastern team, PC...and lost.

I think the talent level in that conference has simply been down for years outside of Arizona (and they're having a down year). I can't remember off the top of my head but didn't they have a few year stretch like 09-12 where they were a 2-3 bid league?

I admittedly don't watch much Pac-12 ball, I'm in bed by 10 most nights, but based on the last two days the talent of these teams, especially their guards, just isn't all that impressive. This Cal recruiting class was so hyped up and they aren't going to win a single NCAA game and you know Rabb & Brown are goners.

Reaction Score
temple has looked better than Iowa I expect them to win , bond is a handful . What a coup it will be for the AAC to get 3 teams into the round of 32.

Reaction Score
Wow MSU losing by 8 in 2nd half. Middle Tenn is taking it to them, much faster on defense and all over the court.
Wow is right, would totally blow up about 1/3 of the brackets out there. I think MState will right the ship and Izzo's tournament history is close to impeccable. That said sometimes you are due for regression to the mean.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Wow is right, would totally blow up about 1/3 of the brackets out there. I think MState will right the ship and Izzo's tournament history is close to impeccable. That said sometimes you are due for regression to the mean.

Up by 9 with 11 min to play. Midd Tenn is hitting 3s and all kinds of shots.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Ketchup Kid - Trump.png

Reaction Score
Middle Tennessee is underseeded. They should be a 14. No excuse for MSU struggling this much, but still.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

They don't stink. I think they are about a 5 seed. They won by 2 against an ok Duke team. Miami beat them by 24. WSU by 17. The whole league got too much credit. How in the world did a Cal team at 23-10 get a #4 seed?

Reaction Score
I can't remember off the top of my head but didn't they have a few year stretch like 09-12 where they were a 2-3 bid league?

There was a season, maybe about 4 years ago, when they were looking at getting a visit from Juan Bid. The got a second team in, but it was questionable how deserving they were. The league hasn't won a National Championship since 1997, and has won a grand total of 2 since Wooden retired 41 years ago.

Reaction Score
There was a season, maybe about 4 years ago, when they were looking at getting a visit from Juan Bid. The got a second team in, but it was questionable how deserving they were. The league hasn't won a National Championship since 1997, and has won a grand total of 2 since Wooden retired 41 years ago.
League. Of. Champions.

Reaction Score
Going into the game obviously the pressure was on MSU, right now the pressure is on MTSU trying to hold a lead for 40 minutes, I still think MSU will win there is still a lot of time. If MTSU can have a lead or be right there at the under 4 mark then I will believe they can pull off the upset.

Reaction Score
Anyone laugh everytime they show the tournament summary with the ACC 5-0? Um guys those were all highly favored wins except for Syracuse and maybe Providence.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Every time MSU fights back, MTSU answers it seems.

Reaction Score
Exciting game.

A part of me wants MSU so Syracuse has a tougher 2nd round opponent.

But forget that- MTSU looks good-let's go MTSU!

Reaction Score
5-0 pretty legit for a conference regardless
Ehhh. When two are #1 seeds and another one is #2 and another is #3, that's not that legit. That's winning highly favored games. I give Providence and Syracuse credit.

Reaction Score
This group doesn't defend or rebound like a typical Izzo team.

Reaction Score
Ehhh. When do are #1 seeds and another one is #2 and another is #3, that's not that legit. That's winning highly favored games. I give Providence and Syracuse credit.

Providence is in the new big east.

Reaction Score
Ehhh. When two are #1 seeds and another one is #2 and another is #3, that's not that legit. That's winning highly favored games. I give Providence and Syracuse credit.

Is Providence in the ACC? Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom