March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 10 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The New Mexico girls state tourney was allowed to be played to conclusion. Jaelyn Bates and Volcano Vista came up short in the 5A title game. Bates went 4-13 for 12 points in the title game. She helped get them to the final with games of 21 points and 19 points with 7 rebounds.
Congrats on a great season, even if not a championship, to Jaelyn. I love that kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how Saylor compares to Brunell when Brunell was a junior? Is she as talented?
I've seen Saylor 3x in person and Sam 2x on television. I know that Sam was rated higher, but I think Saylor is better. Both played in small high schools against mediocre competition, so both dominated.

Saylor is a better ball handler, more agile, quicker, a better leaper, at least as good a passer, better defender, and at least a comparable shooter.

Saylor was made for the UConn game of pressing and transition. She throws 50' passes on the money and is a ballhawk on defense like Gabby or Stewie. She has a high basketball IQ and great instincts on the court.

Reaction Score
Well - I think Paige and other seniors should be allowed to repeat her senior year of HS so she has a chance to play the championship game - would only be fair since we are discussing similar situation for the college seniors. :eek:
Yes, I remember how much we all would rather stay in high school than go off to college. I think I started packing in 10th grade.

Reaction Score
I assume GA is the closer but any thoughts on how the staff is utilized for recruiting? I'm hoping for more EU or Canadian involvement.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Yes, Azzi is not bubbling with fun in these photos. I am not putting any reliance on all those who want to call her in the bag. In fact I am discounting her as a recruit and doing that as a form of reverse mojo. Last time Paige brought this up she discounted the notion that UConn was a lock, saying she genuinely had no idea where Azzi was going.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've seen Saylor 3x in person and Sam 2x on television. I know that Sam was rated higher, but I think Saylor is better. Both played in small high schools against mediocre competition, so both dominated.

Saylor is a better ball handler, more agile, quicker, a better leaper, at least as good a passer, better defender, and at least a comparable shooter.

Saylor was made for the UConn game of pressing and transition. She throws 50' passes on the money and is a ballhawk on defense like Gabby or Stewie. She has a high basketball IQ and great instincts on the court.

What he said.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How are they together when they live in different parts of the country?
They have a good travel agent!

As someone who has been in Hawaii for 15 nights, Cancun for 10 nights, Arizona for 8 nights, Connecticut for 5 nights, Chicago for 4 nights, and Milwaukee for 2 nights, all since New Years, I don’t understand the question. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I go to college, and am friends with Azzi's cousin at the University of Minnesota. She comes here a lot and it helps that she's such good friends with PB.
Welcome to the Boneyard! I’ve seen 9 of Azzi’s games in person over the past 3 years. I love her game and her shot, but mostly she seems like a sweet kid. Some folks here think she’s a lock to commit to UConn, while a few are pessimistic. I’m cautiously optimistic. It would make sense in so many ways, but may not in other ways. For Azzi to develop her game, no one is better than Geno and CD. My fingers are crossed. I hope we get to watch and cheer for her up close for 4 years and beyond.

Reaction Score

If Saylor comes in and produces similar stats to Brunelle, I'll be surprised. Brunelle had to do a lot in her first season, and wasn't given the choice to come off the bench. I'm not sure Saylor will ever start until shes s junior.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Saylor comes in and produces similar stats to Brunelle, I'll be surprised. Brunelle had to do a lot in her first season, and wasn't given the choice to come off the bench. I'm not sure Saylor will ever start until shes s junior.
Sam landed on a depleted team and put up numbers out of necessity. Saylor will ease into the rotation. I like Saylor’s athleticism and versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom