March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 13 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, we are still hoping for Azzi. She and her family have a good relationship with Geno, and she is clearly a UConn type of person and player. There is no guarantee, however, that she won't choose Maryland, Notre Dame, North Carolina, South Carolina, Stanford, et al.

I like that they studied the footwork of Steph and Klay and also looked at what Kobe and Gigi were doing. Azzi is self-motivated, so she will be really good wherever she goes (see EDD, as an example). But I honestly believe that Geno and CD will teach her and motivate her more than any other staff. Her best external motivator? That annoying BFF on the iPhone. Paige and Azzi will push each other to become legendary. Each will have one year to herself in addition to the 3 years of overlap.

Once Azzi announces, the dominos in the top 20 will begin to fall. If we don't get her, we need to pick up at least a couple of others from 2021. Amari and Saylor are a great start, but I love Azzi and also like Rivers, Iriafen, Moore, Ducharme, et al.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi's coach's mother told me last year that Azzi is a sweetheart and her teammates love her. I've seen her in pre-game and post-game situations, and that's the impression I clearly get.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
based on the content of the videos I've watched over the past two years there isn't much PB can't do other then sitting still and/or keeping quiet for more then 5 seconds................. :)
I haven't watched the beginning of her games, but I sense that Paige is like Diana and Lou in that she can't stand still during the national anthem.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I really really like Ashlon Jackson. I’d really like to see her come to Storrs. It was love at first sight. When I saw her hit those 27 shots in a row from the corner in the video below, THAT got my attention.

She’s probably a good free throw shooter as well. Listening to the interview, she appears to be grounded, focused, disciplined and determined." Look at her tweet: "I'll be back hungrier than ever."

The kicker was when she said that if she had to pick a school right now, it would be UConn. That did it for me. What's not to like? Like so many others before her, she expresses a desire to be the best. She'll be a great teammate, and a positive role model for those coming behind her. She is definitely UConn material!!! :) Offer her NOW!!! (If they haven’t already).

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The problem will be coming up with a nickname for her. Now what possibly rhymes with Jackson that might be catchy.......:rolleyes:

I would love for us to have THAT problem!! ;)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The problem will be coming up with a nickname for her. Now what possibly rhymes with Jackson that might be catchy.......:rolleyes:
How about "ACTION"?;);)

Reaction Score
Action Jackson

Attachments

• 5DE12931-5C5E-4F44-8B44-783C9D2C820E.jpeg
    5DE12931-5C5E-4F44-8B44-783C9D2C820E.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online