March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 16 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It could, but taking a long-term view could reap major benefits down the road.
Geno and UConn have more brand recognition than any other US program. If you put the word out you want to be a Huskie, suspect there is a network that will communicate your goals.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So did Kia Nurse win this award? Was she a #1 (or close) player out of Canada?
Does not look like it. Although I am not clear for what this award is irrespective of the words. Is it truly some people's opinion of who was the bast player for the entire basketball season? Or is it for the best player in the BioSteel All-Canadian Basketball Game which is an annual Canadian all-star game featuring the best 24 high school basketball players? Basically Canada's answer to the Micky D All-American game? In any case it appears to me this award did not exist when Kia Nurse was in high school. The first girls' game was 2019. So the best Canadian girls basketball player is the MVP of this game?! 2019 BioSteel All-Canadian women's roster released • Ontario Basketball Association Prior to 2019 it looks like Canadian high school girl basketball players got the short shrift.

P.S. I found this interesting anomaly. This site has Aaliyah ranked #1 overall but #2 by position. What am I missing? Aaliyah Edwards - CROWN Scout Girls I don't see a date but here comes Bria H. They have Edwards at 6'1". I have seen her height range from 6'1" to 6'3". :confused: The Canadian National team has her at 6'3". Canada Basketball Personally she looks to be no more than 6'2". ESPN has her at 6'2". aaliyah-edwards I only hope she plays like 6'3", not like Rebekkah Brunson.

Kia Nurse -
HIGH SCHOOL
Led St. Thomas More to gold at the AAAA OFSAA Championship in 2012 and 2013 ... Also won five-straight Provincial Championships with her Transway team and two National Championships with Team Ontario ... Selected as the Tournament MVP on both occasions ... Team finished third in the World Qualifiers and also took third in the World Championships with Team Canada ... Won two Hazel Minor Awards and two Player of the Year Honors for Basketball Ontario ... Selected as the St. Thomas Moore Athlete of the Year during her freshman and sophomore years and was honored as her soccer team's MVP in 2012 ... Starred on Team Canada's FIBA Americas U16 Championships in 2011 and the U17 World Championships in 2012 ... Additionally, Nurse was averaged 10.0 points per game as Team Canada finished second in the 2013 FIBA Americas Championship, helping Team Canada clinch a spot in the World Championship in 2014.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Perhaps the original Action Jackson:

Great coach ... not so much great as a player. This is the original "Action Jackson," Carl Withers. Eye candy, Carl, for the women and Vanity and Sharon Stone for the men!
1585753152608.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Like that immediate turn, one or no dribble, right hand finish. Why can't college kids learn that move? Somebody out there in SD is doing some nice coaching work.
Brady is going to be a beast at the next level and beyond. Her footwork is very advance, face up game extends beyond the arc, her frame is sturdy , athletic and agile. She is like Kiah Stokes and Morgan Tuck wrapped into the same player. With her UCONN can go double post, stretch 4, 4 guards, or 5 out. CD will add the post polish and Geno will deploy her all over the floor to exploit mismatches. She could have been the starting PF on this years team instead she just complete her sophomore HS season-unreal.

Reaction Score
Brady is going to be a beast at the next level and beyond. Her footwork is very advance, face up game extends beyond the arc, her frame is sturdy , athletic and agile. She is like Kiah Stokes and Morgan Tuck wrapped into the same player. With her UCONN can go double post, stretch 4, 4 guards, or 5 out. CD will add the post polish and Geno will deploy her all over the floor to exploit mismatches. She could have been the starting PF on this years team instead she just complete her sophomore HS season-unreal.
Very good assessment. I'd say she's already better than both of them were AT THIS STAGE, a rising JR. offensively. Don't know if she'll reach Stokes' college level on the boards and defense. But I do feel she'll exceed Tuck offensively in college. If she works as hard on her quickness and conditioning as she has on her skills and footwork she'll be outstanding. And you're probably not far off on your speculation about this years team.

Reaction Score
With all the offensive firepower standing in the wings for the next 3 years I doubt there are going to be any national stat leaders on UConn, except for things like steals, assists, fg% ... Before Collier/Samuelson became a two-man offense there were but a few Huskies that averaged 20+ for a season. Stewart and Moore once, Bascomb(?) twice? If allowed to practice this summer Bueckers will know everyones' "spots". She is very good at spreading the ball, something I thought we could have used more of over the last several years. In any case I see the scoring spreading out over the next 2-3 years. And UConn back on top in team fg%, team MOV, team a/to, that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom