March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The Jordan Brand Classic has been cancelled. I'd assume the McDonald's AA game won't be far behind. And the BioSteel game Aaliyah Edwards is scheduled to play in.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of the REM song it's the end of the world as we know it. Now we can argue about who is starting next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This reminds me of the REM song it's the end of the world as we know it. Now we can argue about who is starting next year.
Are we sure there will be a next season? This is not business as usual. Hopefully, we will get back to that soon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oh, I heard you were in her five!
I wish! Saylor seemed pleased that part of HuskyNation had ventured out to see her and was kind enough to shake my hand and pose for a photo. I'm not pushing it beyond that. I hope to see her several times next season. Let's hope next season is not affected.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/12

Paige Bueckers: 15 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists

Hopkins advanced to the state final.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry won't get a chance at a state title as the final has been cancelled.

But here's a nice piece on her and Geno's trip to watch her last night (3/11):

DeBerry’s gifts were evident from the outset. She clearly has the size and skills to play at an elite level. In the first three minutes, she nailed a three-pointer, blocked a shot, and passed adeptly out of a double team to set up a Billies teammate for a basket.

But DeBerry, who can be overeager on defense, picked up her fourth foul early in the second half, forcing her teammates to play without her for about eight minutes. No matter. They didn’t lose any of their nine-point lead. She admitted she had been nervous, playing in front of her legendary future coach.

Not surprisingly, she has dreams of one day joining her in the WNBA one day, too. “Yeah,” she said. “I’ll keep playing as long as I can.”

The man standing top right in the arena Wednesday night will be thrilled to see her play for four long years. Auriemma didn’t have to say a thing. His presence said it all.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saylor's tournament games have been postponed indefinitely.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not surprised that many states have joined CT in ending their tournaments early.

Saw that some of the college conferences have terminated recruiting activity as well as training and competition. I assume that is 'in person' recruiting, sure the texts and calls will continue.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well - I think Paige and other seniors should be allowed to repeat her senior year of HS so she has a chance to play the championship game - would only be fair since we are discussing similar situation for the college seniors. :eek:

Reaction Score
Maybe Tax Day is suspended too? ;)
Seriously, "postponement" is being discussed (by those whose primary concern is the health of the economy vs. the health of the people)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins' coach Brian Cosgrove interviewed about the cancellation of the state final. Said Geno had planned on attending.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Does anyone know how Saylor compares to Brunell when Brunell was a junior? Is she as talented?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The New Mexico girls state tourney was allowed to be played to conclusion. Jaelyn Bates and Volcano Vista came up short in the 5A title game. Bates went 4-13 for 12 points in the title game. She helped get them to the final with games of 21 points and 19 points with 7 rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom