Makai Ashton Lankford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton Lankford

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Rough freshman season or not, MAL should be here and we're going to wish he was here next season.

Who's going to be the primary ball handler? Akinjo or Vital?

Anderson is gone. Adams is gone. Gilbert hasn't shown he can play more than 5 games and will have missed two seasons.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

No again with weak crap.

In the scheme of all the flaws in AA's game making bad decisions is about last on the list. . That is the only thing he isnt (besides defensive effort) consistently bad at.

You are really flailing here. Try again.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah I agree Mick, no doubt because I explained why it was a good thread despite your thoughts. And he didn't bash a kid he mentioned some numbers and facts so you were once again wrong. And again, it was okay for people, you included I am sure, to BASH Ollie (hell you still do all the time) when he lost him. Mick you're so wrong here give it up. please you look stupid and I know you're not.
Ollie is a grown man who gets paid to be in the public eye. MAL is a kid who's not getting paid and the only reason people are talking about him is because he decided not to come here. You know better so stop playing dumb and pretending the two situations are anything alike

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Ollie is a grown man who gets paid to be in the public eye. MAL is a kid who's not getting paid and the only reason people are talking about him is because he decided not to come here. You know better so stop playing dumb and pretending the two situations are anything alike

But we can agree he sucks and wasnt the answer to our problems THIS year.

Down the road I expect him to improve.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
But we can agree he sucks and wasnt the answer to our problems THIS year.

Down the road I expect him to improve.
Maybe KO would have coached him up?

No?

Why are you walking away?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Maybe KO would have coached him up?

No?

Why are you walking away?

My biggest gripe with KO has always been player development. Followed by game management . Neither of those wouldve helped the disaster that is MAL this season

Reaction Score
meanwhile Kentucky fans are all over diallo and believe he should be benched, he's selfish, doesn't let game come to him, and thinks he's better than he really is

Reaction Score
MAL was over 18 when he sign the LOI. Stop blaming age as an excuse

Reaction Score
BTW, I keep my eyes on David Duke during the Cushing n Brewster game at Hoophall. Duke stunk it up. HE is a very good athlete and defender. The issue is that he can't shoot, dribble or pass. You can get away with being a great athlete if u do either of these things. The fact that he can't do it tell me that he is overrated

Reaction Score
MAL has a lot going for him apart from the shooting. We've had point guards who couldn't shoot but helped us -- KO and Taliek to name two. It's far from ideal but it can work.

I think the difference between MAL on the one hand and KO and Taliek on the other is that they were fast and MAL relies on strength, which doesn't translate as well from high school to higher levels where everyone is strong. But, MAL would be a good "big guard" to complement Akinjo and Gilbert when we need a distributor with size for defensive and end of game purposes.

Overall, if MAL would have cost us Akinjo, I'm glad we got Akinjo, but MAL is better than the likes of Anderson, and ultimately KO has to figure out how to build a complete roster. The Garrison comparison to Anderson is good, the difference is Garrison was 3rd point guard and 5th guard, Anderson was 2nd point guard and 4th guard and there was no 5th guard or 3rd point.
Makai in the long run should be better than Anderson. But right now they’re both equally unimpressive

Reaction Score
Whats up with this unnecessary hate
He abandoned the program at the last moment. How would u feel if your bride left u at the alter n hook with with the best man. To the hell with the love.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

It's pretty much last on his list of flaws. But by all means keep embarrassing yourself

Reaction Score
Why are people so sure MAL will get so much better? Some guys never learn to shoot......ever. And as long as he can’t shoot I won’t miss him we can do better or just as good.

Reaction Score
This thread is bizarre. We are in absolutely no position to throw shade an literally anyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom