Makai Ashton Lankford | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Makai Ashton Lankford

Reaction Score
Overall, if MAL would have cost us Akinjo, I'm glad we got Akinjo, but MAL is better than the likes of Anderson, and ultimately KO has to figure out how to build a complete roster. The Garrison comparison to Anderson is good, the difference is Garrison was 3rd point guard and 5th guard, Anderson was 2nd point guard and 4th guard and there was no 5th guard or 3rd point.

The Garrison situation was similar in the sense that both Anderson and Garrison were not supposed to be 2nd point guards. The losses of Alterique and Marcus Williams respectively forced them into that role, and both played for half the game while the players were out. Anderson is also obviously a better player.

Reaction Score
Oh okay that's cool JMick, but it was fine when everyone bashed Ollie for losing him? Find some consistency in your whining?

How dare someone try to post a reasonable thread about why maybe it worked out this kid didn't come here and we get Akinjo, who may have shied away if MAL was here? You guys are whacked with your blinders!
Ollie is a millionaire and the head of our program. If you don't see a difference then you're blind

Reaction Score
I think its a fair thread to analyze whats going on with our program.

So it almost appears to be a relief that we didnt land another gaurd that cant shoot, however, Ollie and company recruited him! So does Ollie and staff have a hard time building a team with the right pieces that fit together right?

On the flipside... had he come to Uconn and performed equally as bad, the staff would be taking the blame for 1 recruiting a not so talented kid. or for not getting the most out of yet another talented player. I wish the kid well honsetly, but it goes to show you a high ranking player that comes in an under performs, it isnt always on the staff. MAL could just need development (obviously he needs to work on his shot) , if he has the right atttitude and works hard he could improve... Or if he doesnt he wont improve.

Bottom line is his story could be looked at as a negative or a positive from the Uconn perspective. Providence cant make MAL hit jumpshots, just like Ollie cant make anyone on our whole team make shots. On the flipside, how about we recruit at least a few players that are actually good at making jumpshots?

Lots of blame to go around at Uconn, there is nothing black and white about our situation imo.

Reaction Score
Good times. I remember when articles were being written about how great Makai was going to be.

Reaction Score
Ollie is a millionaire and the head of our program. If you don't see a difference then you're blind

Here you go again changing what was a "MAL is having a tough year, glad we were able to get Akinjo" to Ollie sucks. It never ends, we aren't talking about Ollie's millions but you find a way to turn it all around so you sound like your idiotic response was correct, it wasn't!

You're pitiful like the rest, it's such a joke you guys forget they are still playing basketball, although not that well. But we do root for the uniform don't we? Oh no some of you don't your interests lie elsewhere, forgot that agenda team of bumbling idiots!

Reaction Score
You Ollie fluffers seem to be putting a ton of eggs in the Akinjo basket.

Fluffers, good one LOL

Hi Everyone, I'm MAU and I'm a "Pollyanna Fluffer" who tries to be as positive as I can for a program I love even through dark times. Some day maybe I will be able to find my way to enable myself to accept that KO blows and our program is in the cellar forever like the rest of the cronies. Thank you all.

Reaction Score
Here you go again changing what was a "MAL is having a tough year, glad we were able to get Akinjo" to Ollie sucks. It never ends, we aren't talking about Ollie's millions but you find a way to turn it all around so you sound like your idiotic response was correct, it wasn't!

You're pitiful like the rest, it's such a joke you guys forget they are still playing basketball, although not that well. But we do root for the uniform don't we? Oh no some of you don't your interests lie elsewhere, forgot that agenda team of bumbling idiots!
You brought up Ollie, not me

Reaction Score
There were a lot of posters here who watched MAL and had negative things to say when he was in HS.

Reaction Score
Yeah sure I did LOL. All you Mick!
Why because it doesn't meet the requirements of Fire Ollie threads? Please, people here watched a couple early Friar games and were all over the fact we lost him now a huge hush about this one. This thread actually makes sense as to what many thought was an actual awful loss by KO and the staff, now has proven to potentially be okay after all. You want unnecessary check out the thousands of broken record posts from the cronies, that's unnecessary we get it.

Do agree on Anderson just not fitting in at all and receiving too many minutes, some out of necessity but too many from my point of view for sure.

It's a solid thread thank you for the info.

Reaction Score

Oh yeah I agree Mick, no doubt because I explained why it was a good thread despite your thoughts. And he didn't bash a kid he mentioned some numbers and facts so you were once again wrong. And again, it was okay for people, you included I am sure, to BASH Ollie (hell you still do all the time) when he lost him. Mick you're so wrong here give it up. please you look stupid and I know you're not.

Reaction Score
In fairness it's probaboy hard to remember or even know what you're typing when you have your head so far up Ollie's a s s.

Wow good one superjohn man you're a funny dude. You've been holding that on in the bag just waiting to use it huh, impressive LOL

Reaction Score
Oh yeah I agree Mick, no doubt because I explained why it was a good thread despite your thoughts. And he didn't bash a kid he mentioned some numbers and facts so you were once again wrong. And again, it was okay for people, you included I am sure, to BASH Ollie (hell you still do all the time) when he lost him. Mick you're so wrong here give it up. please you look stupid and I know you're not.
Why because it doesn't meet the requirements of Fire Ollie threads? Please, people here watched a couple early Friar games and were all over the fact we lost him now a huge hush about this one. This thread actually makes sense as to what many thought was an actual awful loss by KO and the staff, now has proven to potentially be okay after all. You want unnecessary check out the thousands of broken record posts from the cronies, that's unnecessary we get it.

Do agree on Anderson just not fitting in at all and receiving too many minutes, some out of necessity but too many from my point of view for sure.

It's a solid thread thank you for the info.

Oh okay that's cool JMick, but it was fine when everyone bashed Ollie for losing him? Find some consistency in your whining?

How dare someone try to post a reasonable thread about why maybe it worked out this kid didn't come here and we get Akinjo, who may have shied away if MAL was here? You guys are whacked with your blinders!

Yeah sure I did LOL. All you Mick!

Reaction Score

Help me understand what you did here besides move them around to your convenience?

By the way nothing I said was wrong, but I would expect you to think JMick is fine as you are the leader of the cronies superjohn. Well done you've proved your worth to the Fire Ollie Brigade again you can be proud, enjoy your day, always special to communicate with you.;)

Reaction Score
He can't shoot and is grossly overrated. He took an extra prep yr to work on his shooting n that got him no where. Base on this, his shooting will never be adequate for him to play in the NBA. We could use him this yr given our short rotations. Just want everyone to know that I think we got a better deal with one yr of AA and 4 yrs of Akinjo
Whats up with this unnecessary hate

Reaction Score
@mauconnfan You're on fire today! Love the passion man :)

Heck I need to find some passion it's not coming from UConn basketball these days, now I need some better competition I feel like I'm Jay Wright vs KO and his staff RJS :D

Thank God for work!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whats up with this unnecessary hate

Yeah that's not all necessary agree there. But fact is he can't shoot but there is potential in the kid. Looks like he could guard people on the other end, he handles it good enough but like many freshman and even one's we've had for sure he is out of control too often without a plan which gets him in situations which reslut on TO's way too often. He can change that, but the point is fine in that maybe, only maybe" we gained a better PG in Akinjo by th way the dominoes fell. We won't know for a while.

Reaction Score

LOL a PC fan:eek:, nice year with all that talent pal, great coach. NIT again, better than UConn though can't say much. Enjoy, some day maybe ahhh ..never mind PC will never win anything big. Have a good day.

Reaction Score
The fact that this kid seems to be having a rough go of it lately doesn't make losing him to PC any less pathetic.

Doesn't this just mean that the staff put all their eggs in the basket of a guy who isn't very good and has the same weaknesses (can't shoot) of everyone else on the roster? And then failed to retain him?

That suggests poor talent evaluation/roster construction instincts AND poor recruiting.

Reaction Score
Doesn't this just mean that the staff put all their eggs in the basket of a guy who isn't very good and has the same weaknesses (can't shoot) of everyone else on the roster? And then failed to retain him?

That suggests poor talent evaluation/roster construction instincts AND poor recruiting.

It does suggest all that. But sometimes you get lucky. Whatever happened to the kid who went to Arizona and we ended up getting, ho hum, Kemba Walker?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Yeah we could.

Poor decision making led to Cobb being suspended.

Dont come here with weak crap and think you are going to get away with it, lonely pc fan with no other friends on the internet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom