Major Announcement... TV? (Update>CBSSN) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Major Announcement... TV? (Update>CBSSN)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! (Even though its not as important as the exposure, I am still v curious)
My guess, its a contingent deal...base $ + some adjustments based on ad sales / viewership. I think AD DB will keep the terms under wraps and foggy for as long as possible and thats fine with me.

Reaction Score
My guess, its a contingent deal...base $ + some adjustments based on ad sales / viewership. I think AD DB will keep the terms under wraps and foggy for as long as possible and thats fine with me.
If I were to guess it’s 250 k a year. Which is in the CUSA MAC range for football.

Reaction Score
He walked the talk.
At this stage, I think that "walk" has turned into a full-on, swole-up strut!

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Gotta assume Pitt and Rutgers end up on schedule. Wouldn’t be surprised if basketball is included for both.
Great win for the program! More than anything it speaks to the power of the UConn brand. What also helped was the proactive nature of the university in rejoining the Big East, and scheduling better opponents. And at the time when many were predicting the demise of Husky football—some even encouraging it—UConn rolled up its sleeves and quietly pressed on. Kudos to Dave Benedict. It’s always interesting what smart people with a plan can accomplish. Now we just need to beat this virus. Go Huskies

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Great news. The state of the program is rising- gotta seize the opportunity and maintain the momentum with some winning ways. Would I be wrong in thinking that this would raise our status as a HC job when we have to go out and woo HCRE's eventual replacement?

GO DOGS!

Reaction Score
What I read is that CBS Sports is talking about is televising 4 home games. We need to wait a while and see how the rest of the schedule shakes out.

We'll probably try to schedule a road money game each year. That would be televised by the home team network. That leaves 7 games. say 2-3 more home games against lesser opponents. We'll probably try to get SNY to pick those 2-3 up. That leaves 4-5 road game to finish out the schedule. They might end up on ESPN News or ACC Network or B10 Network or streamed.

Still seems like a lot to work out.

Reaction Score
What I read is that CBS Sports is talking about is televising 4 home games. We need to wait a while and see how the rest of the schedule shakes out.

We'll probably try to schedule a road money game each year. That would be televised by the home team network. That leaves 7 games. say 2-3 more home games against lesser opponents. We'll probably try to get SNY to pick those 2-3 up. That leaves 4-5 road game to finish out the schedule. They might end up on ESPN News or ACC Network or B10 Network or streamed.

Still seems like a lot to work out.
The 4 games are only for this year (the remaining 3 are likely SNY), after that CBS Sports will televise all home games. As for away games the home team controls those rights.

Reaction Score
How could the bigger brand AAC and Mountain West schools not look at this and consider independence for themselves?

Exactly

Then USC or SMU or Miami or Tennessee - any self important bigtime thinking University May think: hey. Look. There’s a new way forward and we don’t have to put up with that Crap the conference room places on us.

Reaction Score
In 2020, CBS Sports Network will televise the contests against Indiana, Liberty, Middle Tennessee and Army. Additional opponents throughout the duration of the deal include teams from the ACC, Big Ten, Conference USA and Mountain West conferences.

Reaction Score
Just enjoying having Benedict as our AD while we can before he gets a major SEC job. Because what he's done over the last 12 months shows he is more than qualified to be at the very top.

That’s what I’m thinking

The AAC will bump Aresco after this. Or. He’s gone to a Bigtime P5

Nonetheless. He’s the best UCONN AD in the post Perno era (lol). Great job since Summer of 2019. And I really believe he CARES about the student athletes

Reaction Score
I think the key is this deal is 1/3 the time of the AAC deal. We improve we can ask for might command more money in a shorter period of time.

This is pretty crucial. That 12 year AAC deal (really 13 years to Term) was a killer

College Sports - OBVIOUSLY - is gonna change tremendously. We now have a great Value - utility and flexibility to leverage our brand and better play from our major sports

Reaction Score
Any takers still gonna try to argue the move out of the AAC wasn't the right one? Come on John and Palantine you have it in you!

Absent a P5 invite and what we were facing after that AAC tv deal this is the best outcome we possibly could have hoped for if the goal was to make UConn men's basketball a national power again and still have a football team playing games on national TV.
I think Palantine and a ton of other people are in cardiac arrest. Tremendous work by Dave Benedict. Fantastic all around for UConn!

Reaction Score
Ok, I'm financially challenged but when I read over 7 figures for the 4 year deal I think 8 figures. So wouldn't that be at least 2.5 mil per year? Come on Yard break my heart and prove me wrong. If it's similar to the Mountain West deal and theirs is north of 3 mil a season per team I can't be that far off.

Reaction Score

Here is the estimated deal. UConn will receive 250 k a year

Thats not the estimate. The original article stated "Financial specifics weren’t available but the CBS Sports deal, which is over seven figures for the four years." 250k per year is the floor.

Reaction Score
Ok, I'm financially challenged but when I read over 7 figures for the 4 year deal I think 8 figures. So wouldn't that be at least 2.5 mil per year? Come on Yard break my heart and prove me wrong. If it's similar to the Mountain West deal and theirs is north of 3 mil a season per team I can't be that far off.
Over 7 figures just means that the total deal for 4 years is worth over $1,000,000+.

Reaction Score

Hmmm... Now that you say that....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom