Major Announcement... TV? (Update>CBSSN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Major Announcement... TV? (Update>CBSSN)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How does this compare with what the AAC pay out will be.
i know they have to pay for productions costs so best estimate.

Until numbers are released it's just a guess but has always been more than about revenue coming in. A big part for UConn was lessening the money coming out the back- The travel by plane, paying production cost for new AAC deal, etc. This seems to have done a very good job of minimizing AD costs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Strained on whose part? UConn's because SNY was low-balling them? Or SNY because UConn took a better offer? In any case, I would imagine this is just business.

Correct. SNY isn't going to bail on WBB just because they lost football in the fall.

Reaction Score
This has to make DB feel really good:

“It was a big challenge but I never lost confidence because I believe in UConn’s brand,” Benedict said. “It’s rewarding from the standpoint that I can go look at the guys on the football team and not have to be concerned about how they feel about what’s going to happen moving forward.”

Reaction Score
This is a major win for Benedict and UConn. Now, we need a bowl tie in.

As for SNY, it would not surprise me if CBS sold some games to SNY like the annual FCS game. And, it would seem that games will be streamed on CBS All Access.
Article says only streamed games would be ones against FCS opponents

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
News media running their stories - releasing at noon.

No SNY!!!

I'm not totally stunned SNY is not headling this contract. They wanted it all of it for free.

“All I can tell you is we're getting paid,” Benedict said. “We are being compensated and they're obviously covering the costs of production.”

Production costs would have fallen on UConn under the AAC-ESPN+ media contract.
Article says that SNY may pick up the excess. It is good to have multiple bidders for our content.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

UConn will be on many TVs nationwide. Bars, homes, digital. Such a major win.

Chris forgot to mention Navy has their football deal with CBS as well. Gee whiz, Navy is extremely well position to leave a certain conference, aren't they? Hmmmm.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chris forgot to mention Navy has their football deal with CBS as well. Gee whiz, Navy is extremely well position to leave a certain conference, aren't they? Hmmmm.

Thanks for digging that up. I wasn't sure if Navy was still CBSSN or if those rights eventually melted into being part of AAC TV package. Army, Navy, UConn. Nice way to keep northeast and mid-atlantic connected.

Should also make scheduling Army and Navy for the future easier too.

Reaction Score
Best UConn football news we've heard in a long time.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 1.26.59 PM.jpg

Reaction Score
Not so shocked, since CBSSN loses the AAC.
True but CUSA still has a CBSSN deal and multiple CUSA games are much better draws than UConn. It’s still impressive. Even UMass couldn’t pull it off

Reaction Score
Wonder how much free space CBSSports channel has with the AAC content largely going to ESPN+. Wonder if they have room for a couple other newly hatched independents.
Going off of last year. 12 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom