Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
All of those predictions came true. LOL
I can’t speak for other People’s sources, but I am certainly very happy with my sources. Why wouldn’t I be? They have been great.
☹️. Sure thing @August_West login your main account every once in a while.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People are not attacking you for what you are saying, but how you are saying it. You do see the difference..
True, but the thing is, if Chief is so insignificant, why do they care so very much? Seriously, that is the piece I can't figure out.

Reaction Score
I have a couple of friends who know the Murray family and they say they are just awesome people and a super close family. Everyone knows about the legend Bill but his brother Joel is hilarious and an awesome guy, my friend does a Chicago podcast with him. Luke has a ton of Connecticut connections from high school through college and after, I remember when he was coaching at Teikyo Post in Waterbury. He went to UConn just to be a college basketball coach, which I only found out after the hire. He's hugely connected and is an x's and o's coach, our recruiting should be some of the best in the country. Killer staff.

Reaction Score
I have a couple of friends who know the Murray family and they say they are just awesome people and a super close family. Everyone knows about the legend Bill but his brother Joel is hilarious and an awesome guy, my friend does a Chicago podcast with him. Luke has a ton of Connecticut connections from high school through college and after, I remember when he was coaching at Teikyo Post in Waterbury. He went to UConn just to be a college basketball coach, which I only found out after the hire. He's hugely connected and is an x's and o's coach, our recruiting should be some of the best in the country. Killer staff.

If he can actually get Hurley to elevate our offense, we're going to be pushing 'Nova for Big East royalty year in and year out. We're literally a stronger emphasis on the 3-ball, and a few more fast break possessions a game from being a dynamite offense.

CL82

Reaction Score
My Grandmother used to say that if you repeat the lie often enough, you'll start to believe that it's true.
Of course, she could have been lying when she said that.

Reaction Score
So Chief stalked, I'm sorry "studied" Jim Calhoun carefully for years. So much that he knew what he was thinking and could finish his sentences. This right here jumped the shark, even for Chief. There is some Walter Mitty or Michael Scarn in Threat Level Midnight stuff going on here.

CL82

Reaction Score
☹️. I see the advanced wash is on the menu today.
I'm sorry if that cut a little close to home. But seriously, I just don't get it. I mean one guy hated Chief's "narcissism" that he followed him to the TOS and then created dozens of sock puppets and spent hours post conversations with himself in the Chief threads. Sure it was funny to watch, in a pitiful sort of way, but that dude has got serious issues.

Reaction Score

Have you even been reading this thread? Why are you writing about Luke Murray here?

/sarcasm

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The “Freeman is a symptom not a cause” statement
If Freeman falling out with Hurley was symptom, what do you call replacing him with an upgrade?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Which thread do I go to to discuss Luke Murray? Asking for a friend.
Not this one...
Screenshot_20210506-103416_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he can actually get Hurley to elevate our offense, we're going to be pushing 'Nova for Big East royalty year in and year out. We're literally a stronger emphasis on the 3-ball, and a few more fast break possessions a game from being a dynamite offense.
Would really like to see DH let the guards push the ball more. We have the athletes and team speed to beat other teams down the court for some easy buckets. Sool's court vision/passing will be fun to watch in the open court.

Hoping everyone is healthy this year so we can use our depth. Not convinced that Jackson was ever 100% healthy last year from his injuries.

Coach Murray already has earned DH's respect as a coach so his positive influence on the offensive end can only help.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'm sorry if that cut a little close to home. But seriously, I just don't get it. I mean one guy hated Chief's "narcissism" that he followed him to the TOS and then created dozens of sock puppets and spent hours post conversations with himself in the Chief threads. Sure it was funny to watch, in a pitiful sort of way, but that dude has got serious issues.

What exactly is your washing technique? Seems you do a good job keeping chief extra clean....

CL82

Reaction Score
What exactly is your washing technique? Seems you do a good job keeping chief extra clean....
Uh oh, hit a little close to home again? [chuckles] Too easy.

Reaction Score
If Freeman falling out with Hurley was symptom, what do you call replacing him with an upgrade?
The “cause” in Chief’s opinion was Murray’s availability and Danny’s desire to hire him. What happened to Freeman was a “symptom” of that and aligned with other factors, which also occurred.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

You now have 27 posts in this thread all saying basically the same thing. Maybe your stoking the flames is part of the problem?

Reaction Score
My Grandmother used to say that if you repeat the lie often enough, you'll start to believe that it's true. And she would follow it up with, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
That Calhoun story is 100% true. It happened exactly as I described it. Why are you saying it’s a lie?

Reaction Score
This is a great hire. I was his JV coach at St Luke’s school in New Canaan many years ago. Luke is a great guy from a terrific family. Everyone loves Bill but Mom is the real superstar. She helped out a lot of kids.
Few things about Luke. He’s a student of the game in HS he would take the train to the city to watch the greats. I know he reads the Boneyard because I turned him onto to it. He was very tuned in to recruiting even back then. Luke was a Illinois fan but We always discussed UConn and he obviously thought highly of Coach Calhoun. I’m so happy that Luke has come full circle. I hope he helps us win another chip then lands a HC coach dream job.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
This is a great hire. I was his JV coach at St Luke’s school in New Canaan many years ago. Luke is a great guy from a terrific family. Everyone loves Bill but Mom is the real superstar. She helped out a lot of kids.
Few things about Luke. He’s a student of the game in HS he would take the train to the city to watch the greats. I know he reads the Boneyard because I turned him onto to it. He was very tuned in to recruiting even back then. Luke was a Illinois fan but We always discussed UConn and he obviously thought highly of Coach Calhoun. I’m so happy that Luke has come full circle. I hope he helps us win another chip then lands a HC coach dream job.
Finally back on topic with a great post here. Welcome Luke! !

Reaction Score
So Chief stalked, I'm sorry "studied" Jim Calhoun carefully for years. So much that he knew what he was thinking and could finish his sentences. This right here jumped the shark, even for Chief. There is some Walter Mitty or Michael Scarn in Threat Level Midnight stuff going on here.
Chief did study everything I could about Jim, he was a uniquely successful coach, who earned every success he had through hard work, smarts toughness and the power of his personality. I try to learn things from successful people. Chief was fortunate enough to know him some and share stories and laughs with others who knew him. I also studied Red Auerbach, which help me understand his basketball philosophies, some of which ran counter to his public image. I sense he appreciated me backing guys in certain ways when it was unpopular - Clyde V and Nate Miles come to mind. At any rate, he was always great to me and the couple times I asked him for a small favor, he did it in a heartbeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom