Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
That Calhoun story is 100% true. It happened exactly as I described it. Why are you saying it’s a lie?

Great example ....
Here is the issue... because you say it does not mean it is true... no one has a real relationship with you... why should we take your word for it?

Reaction Score
Chief did study everything I could about Jim, he was a uniquely successful coach, who earned every success he had through hard work, smarts toughness and the power of his personality. I try to learn things from successful people. Chief was fortunate enough to know him some and share stories and laughs with others who knew him. I also studied Red Auerbach, which help me understand his basketball philosophies, some of which ran counter to his public image. I sense he appreciated me backing guys in certain ways when it was unpopular - Clyde V and Nate Miles come to mind. At any rate, he was always great to me and the couple times I asked him for a small favor, he did it in a heartbeat.

Example 2.... because u say it does not make it true... evidence? Pic with calhoun., round of golf etc

Reaction Score
Example 2.... because u say it does not make it true... evidence? Pic with calhoun., round of golf etc
I don’t need to prove anything to you and I would never share such stuff. I don’t really care what you think, especially after I took time to explain my relationship with Jim in general terms. That’s all you are getting. No wonder your only sources are reporters.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have a couple of friends who know the Murray family and they say they are just awesome people and a super close family. Everyone knows about the legend Bill but his brother Joel is hilarious and an awesome guy, my friend does a Chicago podcast with him. Luke has a ton of Connecticut connections from high school through college and after, I remember when he was coaching at Teikyo Post in Waterbury. He went to UConn just to be a college basketball coach, which I only found out after the hire. He's hugely connected and is an x's and o's coach, our recruiting should be some of the best in the country. Killer staff.
Brian, especially, and John were no slouches either.

The new (old) joke under the stands at Gampel is going to be, "Lou raised the price of Coke. He's been losing at the track."

For the game closest before Christmas they should rename the back of the jerseys of two walk-ons, "Somebody," and "Anybody." Make it a point to get them into the game, and play the bit of Mr. Shirley in the conference room:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t need to prove anything to you and I would never share such stuff. I don’t really care what you think, especially after I took time to explain my relationship with Jim in general terms. That’s all you are getting. No wonder your only sources are reporters.

Obviously correct...

You do not have to care. But i am simply explaining why people treat you oddly or see you oddly.. you make wild jumps of expectations(people will question and in time turn on you) ch 4 of most sociology textbooks is social norms and behavioral response by groups

Reaction Score
And obviously i would not give any reporters names i talk to. I have been burned a few times. I am just trying to explained why people respond to you in different ways

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You now have 27 posts in this thread all saying basically the same thing. Maybe your stoking the flames is part of the problem?
So, people can be critical of Chiefs posts, but no one can be critical of their posts? That seems a bit snowflakey doesn't it?

CL82

Reaction Score
Like threatening to sue a message board. Or throwing a temper tantrum because people put a frowny face after your post on an internet message board.
Or following a poster to another board and creating dozens of sock puppets of BY posters and having conversations with himself with literally 1000's of posts? That was just weird.

(Just a comment: Did either of the things you listed actually happen? Because I kind of think they didn't.)

Reaction Score
That Calhoun story is 100% true. It happened exactly as I described it. Why are you saying it’s a lie?
Did I say, @Chief00 , that is such a lie? No I didn't, I was just telling a story from my past. What would make you think otherwise?

Reaction Score
Or following a poster to another board and creating dozens of sock puppets of BY posters and having conversations with himself with literally 1000's of posts? That was just weird.

Isn't that what your guy did?

CL82

Reaction Score
Isn't that what your guy did?
Nope that was what a poster (Chater) from this board did. It's still all there on TOS if anyone wants to take a look for themselves. It was pretty weird.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Turd in a punch bowl analogy works well.

Chief is the turd. This board is the punch bowl.

“The problem is that too many people complain about the turd in the punch bowl! If everyone doesn’t like it they should shut up so 3 of us can enjoy our turd punch!”

This place is wild.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Honestly, is it any weirder than being Chief's PR guy?
Cl82 ignored me yet I know exactly what this post says and I can’t even see it. Imagine being this level of cleaner, Chief is squeaky clean all the time.

polycom

Reaction Score
☹️

This is fake news of course. You are fake news.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Turd in a punch bowl analogy works well.

Chief is the turd. This board is the punch bowl.

“The problem is that too many people complain about the turd in the punch bowl! If everyone doesn’t like it they should shut up so 3 of us can enjoy our turd punch!”

This place is wild.
Oh, man. Too easy.

1620328220107.png

polycom

Reaction Score
To our great moderators thank you for allowing many of the posters mentioned here to embarrass themselves over and over for days. I appreciate it. It's made making powerpoint slides very enjoyable.

Reaction Score

It's extraordinary how consistently dumb some people are on this board. I have these guys on ignore and can still follow the conversations.

I would assume you're still talking to the guy whose friend pulled a gun on some stoner kids for no reason and thought that was a GOOD thing to do.

CL82

Reaction Score

Yes, it’s much, much weirder To follow a guy you profess the heat to another site and then spend hours making up fake accounts and talking to yourself about him. That [poop] is just weird

For the record though, if you look at my posts few and far between are the ones that are actually supportive of @Chief00 per se. What I do say is if you don’t like the guy stop reading his posts. That’s not hard. To me it’s really weird to say “I hate chief he’s a narcissist all he wants is attention“ and then post about him 20 times in a thread. It’s a pretty weird obsession.

So if you want to give chief a hard time, feel free, but do it on the merits. And for god’s sake try to be interesting or funny. But if you’re just gonna piss and moan about him, keep it to yourself. It’s boring.

Reaction Score
I am only amused by the fact he said earlier in this thread that he doesn't care what 99 thinks. All he does is care what people think. Talks about getting credit for knowing every inside scoop. Talks about views and likes and name dropping about people he knows. Whether it's true or not is beside the point and I don't care either way. I mostly ignore him but you have to admit that he is the common denominator is almost every derailed thread. Even tolerant people on their worst day might take the bait. I wish him well. He just doesn't always have to act like a big shot all the time. If this many people were annoyed by you, wouldn't you try to alter your behavior a bit? I don't think anyone should be picked on for no reason but don't bring it on yourself time and time again. The only conclusion I could draw is he likes the drama until he doesn't.

Reaction Score
As someone who gets inside information from time-to-time directly from one of the staff members, I can tell you that even the people on the staff usually don't know what is happening as much as Chief claims he does. Just as one example, this Murray hire was essentially wrapped up well over a week before it was announced, but there were some internal delays that caused the announcement to be pushed back. I don't claim to be an insider, but the level of arrogance of this guy is just off the charts which is why I had him on ignore for the last couple of years. I guess the BY is a little more tolerant than the rest of our society because in the real world Chief would have already had his account banned for life with all the BS and fake news being spread. Can't wait for his next prophecy like "Chief has heard we're going to sign more than 2 recruits for 2022 and at least one of them will be a guard".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom