LSU-Tennessee game (merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LSU-Tennessee game (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Simmons had an interesting stat line....4/4 3's.....1 assist....5 TO...and fouled out after being T'd

Reaction Score
I will tell you they were clean steals because they were all of of inbounds plays. Having Bashaara injured really hurt us in a big way. We played really clean hands off defense. Our demise was on offense, the ball was getting stuck in our hands and then when they went to create one on one LSU did a flop job all night like I've never seen. And the refs ate it up. Ask A'ja. She tweeted about how terrible the refs were. However it's no excuse for us missing critical free throws and not getting the job done defensively.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Sometimes its comforting to know some things never change...

But Holly is taking some heat....

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The referees weren't the reason the Lady Vol defense parted like the Red Sea.

Reaction Score
I will tell you they were clean steals because they were all of of inbounds plays. Having Bashaara injured really hurt us in a big way. We played really clean hands off defense. Our demise was on offense, the ball was getting stuck in our hands and then when they went to create one on one LSU did a flop job all night like I've never seen. And the refs ate it up. Ask A'ja. She tweeted about how terrible the refs were. However it's no excuse for us missing critical free throws and not getting the job done defensively.

PLEASE STOP. You were at home, the refs called 25 fouls on LSU and 18 on UT. There were bad calls for BOTH sides. Do you really think the ref's were somehow biased against UT on their home floor ? They lost at home against a LSU team that lost by 12 to NC St and by 22 to Louisville because they didn't play defense and without much passion until the last 5 minutes.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I watched the games. Bad calls on both sides. It certainly didn't decide the game.

The Simmons foul before the technical was for her using her body, not her hands.

Stop blaming the refs.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Am I alone in sensing a different tone in this post from some of your other recent efforts? A little humility?

But I did pick up on your comments about Graves's unfortunate injury (she's a really good player), the LSU flop job and the terrible refs. Glad to see you haven't lost your touch.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Poor officiating for both teams so no excuse for UT. No offensive flow to speak of for either team. Decent teams but not Final Four quality.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Nice to know some things never change.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I watched the game. LSU was folding without extra help from the ref's but, because it's Christmas time, the LV's felt in the giving mood and refused to take the game. Final total was 25 fouls on
LSU 18 on UT. Of course about half of the Volnation board are blaming the ref's, the other half are sane and blame the team/coach.
what are they saying on the Summitt?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she tweets... oh brother

Reaction Score
Cmon Boneyarders, havent you come to expect the referee blame game on any game the LVs lose? It is their way. It always has been. I can only imagine what The Summit looks like now. I am sure LVs had game in hand if it weren't for the damn refereeing!!!

Not to bust on the LVs, but I follow WCBB pretty closely, and I don't see Stanford, LVille, Duke, ND, any of the other top programs blame officiating like Tenn does..... OK Baylor is guilty.

Someone else said it..... 25 fouls LSU 18 Tenn...... but it wasn't lopsided enough apparently. If bad reffing..... yes, it normally will equal out badly for both teams.

Reaction Score
what are they saying on the Summitt?

I am not a member of the Summitt. I do read the Volnation board.
I find it entertaining and you never know who will show up as a UT fan. On the Volnation board, some are blaming the ref's and the ones who don't need medication are pointing to the players/coach

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I can't imagine they would be doing anything OTHER than blaming the refs. Falling for the "flops". I don't think they were flops when Simmons poked the LSU player in the eye and later picked up the "T". Those things are just lack of discipline. Despite that LSU put on a clinic on how to nearly blow a 15 point lead at crunch time. Terrible job taking care of the ball.

Reaction Score
In the post game, Holly said, "We'll learn from it." Many on the Vol boards are blaming Holly. Apparently she's too nice. Perhaps she thought the slogan was, "We pat backs."

U

UCONNfan1

she tweets... oh brother
No kidding, eh? She also tweeted how excited she was to get to meet the players and coaches at UCONN, how much she loved first night, and how much fun she had with the Huskies and their fans. Can't read much into the tweets of a 17 year old girl.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No kidding, eh? She also tweeted how excited she was to get to meet the players and coaches at UCONN, how much she loved first night, and how much fun she had with the Huskies and their fans. Can't read much into the tweets of a 17 year old girl.
when she gets 23-24 it will make more sense lol

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Holly was contrite and honorable at the presser.
Admitted the team didn't play D until the end.
The problem is that there are aspects of D that the kids simply don't understand or have not been taught
Leaving enormous gaps in their execution.
Their switching and covering for penetrating guards is deplorable…No that's wrong.
it's non-existent.
And it's not like they don't have the big bodies to shore up the back line.
It's just that they don't have a clue.
not the kid's fault.

Reaction Score
Would love to attend a TN practice..... because I want to see what the gals are being taught..... fundamental x's and o's I do not see.... on offense OR defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom