LSU-Tennessee game (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LSU-Tennessee game (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The technicals may have cost them the game.

Reaction Score
Vols were down double digits with less that 3 minutes and came back to tie it but fell short at the buzzer............The SEC is not a very good conference this season.......

Reaction Score
Tenneessee loss to LSU....i love that game...LSU has been pushing the game ....Tenn lost their composure.....

Reaction Score
Stef and Stewie would eat UT alive.

MoJeff and Bria and Kalenna would create chaos for UT's guards.
Uconn team is the mother of all match up nightmare in wbb....How much more if Kiah will be on her full potential.I cant wait for Kiah to be a beast .......

Reaction Score
UT would be dominated inside by UConn and I just don't see how they would score enough points to keep a game close.
LSU is beating UT inside on the LV's home court ! UT would get run over by UConn.
The speed of MoJET and the shooting of KML...Tenn cant keep up...Stef and Stewie at the post, Tenn has no answer for them...I cant wait to see Kiah swatting them under the basket......

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Tennessee outrebounded LSU, 47-33. Personal fouls: Tenn. 18; LSU, 25. BUT............. turnovers: LSU, 14; Tennessee, 20.

Technical fouls on Coach Warlick and playe Simmons.

Unfortunate way to honor Parker or impress Wilson.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I wonder how impressed Ms. Wilson was with the coaching HW did.

She saw UT tonight and their average, at best offense. She has seen Uconn with the best offense in WCBB. Who will she choose?

Reaction Score
LSU wins 80-77 after blowing a 16 pt lead with 4:37 left. Simmons fouls out
with a tech and the coach gets a tech also. Then LSU turns the ball over 7 out of
10 possessions. They had a hard time just getting the ball in bounds. It took 2 foul
shots by a frosh to win the game.
It was not a good showing by the LV's with A'ja Wilson there on her official
visit. I thought LSU was poorly coached and really thought they were going
to give the game back to the LV's. They just hung on for a big win in
Knoxville. Chalk on up for the Lady Tigers. This is a bad home loss for the
LV's on a night they retired Candace Parker's number.

Reaction Score
She saw UT tonight and their average, at best offense. She has seen Uconn with the best offense in WCBB. Who will she choose?
if she want to be one of the best in wbb,well- coached team...well,she know where to go...I guess she know how to write the word STORRS.....

Reaction Score
Hey A'ja, would you like to come to our vic....oh.....nevermind! Have a safe trip back home.

Reaction Score
Uconn team is the mother of all match up nightmare in wbb....How much more if Kiah will be on her full potential.I cant wait for Kiah to be a beast .......
Will it ever happen?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder about Tenns comeback. Didn't see the game however same ole Tenn. Down double digits with little time left another almost Tenn miracle. Funny things happen at Tenn. Gotta wonder how they stole the ball that much without fouling especially with the way fouls have been called this year. Its hard for me to believe that LSU couldn't hold on to the ball without Tenn fouling them. JML I didn't see the game but I know what has happened in the past at Tenn.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Thoughts:

Plaissance didn't do anything down the stretch almost seems depressed. Not the killer she's capable of being

Simmons who was hitting, never took a shot in the 2nd half; both she and Plaossance fouled out.

In the first half Ballard had a couple of drives to the hoop and there was no help D or switches.
One time, she had a twelve foot wide lane, senza opposition, hardly a UTenn player in sight…and this was out of a half-court set.
I didn't think that particular defensive scheme was possible.

Perhaps UTenn hasn't had the time to work that subtly into their coaching agenda yet. :)

But Izzy was terrif, made a ton of foul shots and hid a nice turn-around 12-footer in the last minute or two ( just didn't have any help[).

Both coaches seem to be underachieving their talent, LSU hardly less than UTenn.
LSU has a lot of good players, but is virtually as disorganized as UTenn.

Reminded me of the type of game at West-Fourth in the Village, a lot of fun one-on-one.

But on a reasonable day, UConn should have little trouble destroying either team; UTenn more I think.

If The LSU kids ever are taught the rudiments of the game, they could be a formidable team.

Reaction Score
The game was a very bad day for the refs.........Too many no calls and more players were on the ground than a Rugby game.......

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder about Tenns comeback. Didn't see the game however same ole Tenn. Down double digits with little time left another almost Tenn miracle. Funny things happen at Tenn. Gotta wonder how they stole the ball that much without fouling especially with the way fouls have been called this year. Its hard for me to believe that LSU couldn't hold on to the ball without Tenn fouling them. JML I didn't see the game but I know what has happened in the past at Tenn.

It's really true Tony
LSU seemed to have only one out-of-bounds play and the UTenn kids figured it out
It was all fair and square.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The game was a very bad day for the refs.........Too many no calls and more players were on the ground than a Rugby game.......
LOL that's Tenn. How does LSU lead in the game and commit 25fouls and TEnn who needs to foul only has 18 fouls????? Good ole southern cookin.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
LSU had seven more fouls called than the LVs, but guess what the fans will be whining about.

Reaction Score
Thoughts:

Plaissance didn't do anything down the stretch almost seems depressed. Not the killer she's capable of being

Simmons who was hitting, never took a shot in the 2nd half; both she and Plaossance fouled out.

In the first half Ballard had a couple of drives to the hoop and there was no help D or switches.
One time, she had a twelve foot wide lane, senza opposition, hardly a UTenn player in sight…and this was out of a half-court set.
I didn't think that particular defensive scheme was possible.

Perhaps UTenn hasn't had the time to work that subtly into their coaching agenda yet. :)

But Izzy was terrif, made a ton of foul shots and hid a nice turn-around 12-footer in the last minute or two ( just didn't have any help[).

Both coaches seem to be underachieving their talent, LSU hardly less than UTenn.
LSU has a lot of good players, but is virtually as disorganized as UTenn.

Reminded me of the type of game at West-Fourth in the Village, a lot of fun one-on-one.

But on a reasonable day, UConn should have little trouble destroying either team; UTenn more I think.

If The LSU kids ever are taught the rudiments of the game, they could be a formidable team.

In the summer I make a point of stopping by the "cage" whenever I'm in the village. Very entertaining.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Holly Warlick said recently that the Lady Vol offense was struggling because she has spent so much time focused on defense. Imagine how many points LSU would have scored if the LVs had spent less time working on their defense. LSU is hardly an offensive juggernaut.

Reaction Score

I watched the game. LSU was folding without extra help from the ref's but, because it's Christmas time, the LV's felt in the giving mood and refused to take the game. Final total was 25 fouls on
LSU 18 on UT. Of course about half of the Volnation board are blaming the ref's, the other half are sane and blame the team/coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom