LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 17 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe schedule someone other than the Little Sisters of the Poor, Downtrodden and Verklempt and she might get buzz..
This. I think LSU's SOS is like 300 something. Don't understand that at all......

Reaction Score
Maybe schedule someone other than the Little Sisters of the Poor, Downtrodden and Verklempt and she might get buzz..
While I was reflecting on Massey SOS for Ara "fly like a bird" Barnes ( 167 ) I saw that Kim has her beat. (321) I don't know if Kim would schedule the Little Sisters of the Poor unless they agreed to come down to Baton Rouge. Barnes might just plead and plead for the sisters to come to the dirty t.

Next up for these two master schedulers.

LSU at SOS 145 Tulane
kitties at SOS 203 New Mexico

We know Barnes is thoughtfully bringing her team along and so when you go on the road you want to make certain that you're facing the appropriate level team. The Duff twins are certainly in for a treat as the wandering Lobos host Reese and gang down in the Pit.

And Kim who obviously has mentored Barnes in the art and science of non-conference scheduling travels a little bit down or is it up the road to face the green wave.

Reaction Score
This. I think LSU's SOS is like 300 something. Don't understand that at all......
LSU should not currently be ranked at # 11 playing this type of non-conference schedule. This schedule is unbelievably awful even for Kim’s scheduling standards.

Reaction Score
Food for thought for someone who watches the team every time

I notice the level of effort has decreased each week of the season so far. It’s painfully obvious the schedule is hurting this team not for only purely for development but the players clearly aren’t taking it nearly as serious now. They know the schedule is a joke. While it doesn’t excuse their preparation and efforts yesterday, I’m not sure how Kim can be surprised that the kids are going through the motions and not caring when you faces these teams every single game.

It’s a two way street. The players need to give it their all and put in effort no matter the opponent but Kim hurt her own team very early with this schedule. The scores didn’t reflect it but it was the same way in the Bahamas in terms of effort

Reaction Score
I'm very familiar with her success, but it boggles my mind that kids want to play for a coach who is that petty in public. Can only imagine how she acts when she's not in front of a camera.

Reaction Score
I posted this image on the UConn board side, might as well let you guys enjoy some cupcakes as well. :rolleyes:

Kim Mulkey Cupcakes.jpg

Reaction Score
I notice the level of effort has decreased each week of the season so far. It’s painfully obvious the schedule is hurting this team not for only purely for development but the players clearly aren’t taking it nearly as serious now. They know the schedule is a joke. While it doesn’t excuse their preparation and efforts yesterday, I’m not sure how Kim can be surprised that the kids are going through the motions and not caring when you faces these teams every single game.

It’s a two way street. The players need to give it their all and put in effort no matter the opponent but Kim hurt her own team very early with this schedule. The scores didn’t reflect it but it was the same way in the Bahamas in terms of effort
Point very well taken.

We'll see how joking in the non-conference part of the season affects those teams that go this route. I'm not really convinced by alligator tears either.... scheduling in the non-conference is a conscious choice by coaches with consequences both in the present as you point out and in March.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I just hope this was a wake up call that you can’t sleepwalk through the games even if you’re playing a pee-wee league team.

We will have our toughest game so far on the road at Tulane on Sunday, I’d like to see a vastly different effort level.

Reaction Score
It's a P5 teams "worst SOS schedule" free for all. LSU is the clear early leader but not the only contender. Using Massey: as of 11/30/22
LSU #321
Illinois #265
Florida #177
Virginia #170
Mississippi #169
Arizona #167
Washington #164
Others with SOS below #150: TCU, Penn State, USC, Miami, TAMU

But you do you...lol

Reaction Score
It's a P5 teams "worst SOS schedule" free for all. LSU is the clear early leader but not the only contender. Using Massey: as of 11/30/22
LSU #321
Illinois #265
Florida #177
Virginia #170
Mississippi #169
Arizona #167
Washington #164

But you do you...lol
LSU is the biggest loser by far, but Arizona also stands out as a big WTF

Reaction Score
I wonder why the LSU - New Orleans game was cancelled this Sunday.
Per the LSU release. LSU students just finished finals week.

The LSU Women’s Basketball game on Sunday has been canceled because of health and safety protocols within the New Orleans program.

I believe this is the 2nd year in the row this has happened. Last year UNO canceled like 4 games in over 2 weeks due to some type of outbreak (whatever sickness going around) in this part of December. I was sorta hoping they could have found a last minute replacement because there is going to be a long layoff (10 days) between games. They head to Maui next weekend where they will face Oregon St.

Reaction Score
Arizona #167
Washington #164

But you do you...lol
On December 8th the first decent team the kitties play and this is not a ranked it's just a good team Kansas. That is good team ithat s willing to come to McHale Center in Tucson and what happens ...

At home the kitties get lit up.

So Barnes will get well against winless Texas Southern before the only quality opponent at Baylor.

Be interesting how this non-conference schedule prepares the kitties for pac-12 play as they open conference play with three games on the road. While they will most certainly lose to Stanford it'll be interesting if they can manage a split between Cal and ASU. They will clearly pound Sun Devils but I suspect Cal will give a good game.

Reaction Score
Are the NET Rankings flawed?

I'm looking at these rankings and frankly I'm scratching my head...how is this possible? Considering the NET is the "new" metrics/ranking for tourney seeding why wouldn't all other schools jump on the Kim Mulkey playbook of playing cupcakes for their OOC schedule?

As of this morning LSU has these rankings (WarrenNolan.com)

NET ranking of 4
RPI ranking of 28
SOS ranking of 178.

Reaction Score
Are the NET Rankings flawed?

I'm looking at these rankings and frankly I'm scratching my head...how is this possible? Considering the NET is the "new" metrics/ranking for tourney seeding why wouldn't all other schools jump on the Kim Mulkey playbook of playing cupcakes for their OOC schedule?

As of this morning LSU has these rankings (WarrenNolan.com)

NET ranking of 4
RPI ranking of 28
SOS ranking of 178.

It seems like NET incentivizes running up the score--I really wish their formula was more transparent. Massey OTOH has LSU at 20. In Massey's case margin of victory is scored on a scale from 0 to 1 to avoid this issue.

Reaction Score
I really hate the look of Morris running the point this year. Her offense has dropped off a cliff lately because of it. Can't even recognize her anymore. They are going to need her to get it together moving forward, she is way too talented not to start producing more.

Despite the opponent. Was happy to see Poole have 7 assists and 0 turnovers tonight. I think Kim wants her in there often but the offense Flaujae and Carson bring to the table is too good at times.

Flaujae is probably my favorite looking 'freshmen' since LSU had Danielle Ballard. I know Pointer, Moncrief and a couple others were very good but I just love where she is so far.

Reaction Score
I really hate the look of Morris running the point this year. Her offense has dropped off a cliff lately because of it. Can't even recognize her anymore. They are going to need her to get it together moving forward, she is way too talented not to start producing more.

Despite the opponent. Was happy to see Poole have 7 assists and 0 turnovers tonight. I think Kim wants her in there often but the offense Flaujae and Carson bring to the table is too good at times.

Flaujae is probably my favorite looking 'freshmen' since LSU had Danielle Ballard. I know Pointer, Moncrief and a couple others were very good but I just love where she is so far.
That's a huge improvement for Poole from what I remember seeing of her in the BIG10. Regardless of who they played last night, I'll take that ratio any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom