LSU basketball 2022, Part II | Page 19 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that was some of the best defense I have seen from a LSU team in a long long long time.

I just got a chance to watch the full game this morning — you can see I’ve got too much time on my hands — and was struck be Carolyn Peck’s (I think) attempt to justify LSU’s #2 NET ranking on the grounds that they scored over 100 in the first 5 games despite the cupcakes they’d scheduled.

I was scratching my head over that one and it struck me that LSU wasn’t playing any defense in the 1st quarter. But you’re right, they picked up the defensive pressure after that and especially in the second half. You could say they were packing the paint and challenging Arkansas to hit 3s in the first half, but that would be a generous reading.

On their side, Arkansas seemed really flat. They need a spark player and they don’t seem to have one on the roster. The loss of Goforth is noticeable here. And in the front court, the -bargers are not really assertive enough against someone like Reese. The discrepancy in free throw shooting is very revealing here, since Arkansas didn’t challenge the paint much and LSU didn’t guard very closely.

It’s when Arkansas started hitting 3s in the 3rd quarter that LSU’s defensive effort ratcheted up, and their entire game began to look impressive.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I think Kim’s comment in her post game presser last night about comments about their schedule was spot on. Kim said she had one answer to the grief about the non conference is to keep winning. ;)

Reaction Score
I think Kim’s comment in her post game presser last night about comments about their schedule was spot on. Kim said she had one answer to the grief about the non conference is to keep winning. ;)
That is Kim at her best. She may be a piece of work, but she's indomitable and I can't help admiring that about her.

Reaction Score
It is what it is at this point. We know the schedule was really bad but all you can do is win and do the best you can in conference play. No point in dreading on it. Just win and improve each week now. Flush everything behind them. If the keep it up and continue to win, everything will work itself out.

Flaujae missed way too many layups yesterday but her ability to rebound was impressive. She can leap out the gym, my favorite play was when she went up over 3+ Arkansas defenders and snagged it high out the air. Once her offense comes along, she's gonna be a lot to deal with but for a freshmen she is doing well so far. She needs to slow down at times, she rushes her shots and decisions at times but thats being a true freshmen.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
It is what it is at this point. We know the schedule was really bad but all you can do is win and do the best you can in conference play. No point in dreading on it. Just win and improve each week now. Flush everything behind them.

Flaujae missed way too many layups yesterday but her ability to rebound was impressive. She can leap out the gym, my favorite play was when she went up over 3+ Arkansas defenders and snagged it high out the air
She also needs to stop charging into defenders.

Reaction Score
Don't mean to look ahead, but we might be on a collision course in front of 18,000 on February the 12th for the SEC.
Should be a great atmosphere. I think as soon as Kim moved to the SEC, everyone was looking forward to the Kim/Dawn matchups. Should be a fun, physical game. I know SC will pack the house for that one, but they always have great crowds regardless of the opponent.

I Hope we can give y'all a good game. We are still much a work in progress. We have some challenging games ahead before that one but I'm sure there is a lot of anticipation for that particular matchup.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Should be a great atmosphere. I think as soon as Kim moved to the SEC, everyone was looking forward to the Kim/Dawn matchups. Should be a fun, physical game. I know SC will pack the house for that one, but they always have great crowds regardless of the opponent.

I Hope we can give y'all a good game. We are still much a work in progress. We have some challenging games ahead before that one but I'm sure there is a lot of anticipation for that particular matchup.
Kim, Vic and Dawn in the same league is going to be FUN in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom