Lou: Update on her shooting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou: Update on her shooting

Reaction Score
True, but there was an Aubrey Griffin (against Princeton,) in the Maryland game she was in foul trouble early and perimeter offense went with her to the bench. FSU though great, isn't Iowa, NC State or Texas.

With or without Azzi, I agree Nan, she's an amazing shooter all her own but there's she benefits greatly when she is on the floor. Just like Azzi would if Paige were available and so on and so forth.
You don't think by now other teams know about Lou and her scoring threat? Perhaps Azzi also gets the benefit of having Lou on the court at same time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Lou is fearless as well on both ends. She took some nasty charges, including with 4 fouls. She's not afraid to keep shooting when they don't go in. And, she's not afraid to drive to the lane for contact so opponents have to respect that.
I think Lou’s BB IQ and maturity are as important as the three pointers. (Not disagreeing or arguing with you, just adding to your comment)

Reaction Score
I'm just thankful that Lou is playing for us this season! a real offensive talent, can create her own shot, smart, good on all 3 levels, team player and getting better on defense. With her play she creates for herself a real option of playing in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
I was impressed at how quickly Lou was moving her feet on defense, drawing the charge (and some of the called blocks were actually charges). She's been really confident in both offense and defense. I see her as a Kia Nurse with more talent offensively.

Reaction Score
Lou is on pace to have one of the greatest seasons shooting the 3 ball in the illustrious history of Uconn wbb. She has exceeded my expectations by a huge margin, especially offensively. Makes you wonder what it would have looked like with Lou, Azzi, and Paige playing together. All three have shown to be elite from distance, would’ve been a sight to behold.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was impressed at how quickly Lou was moving her feet on defense, drawing the charge (and some of the called blocks were actually charges). She's been really confident in both offense and defense. I see her as a Kia Nurse with more talent offensively.
I don't think Lou is Kia's equal on defense, but she may be better at shooting. I was at the game yesterday and thought that 2 of the foul calls against Lou were borderline at best. She did a good job on defense, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I just took a look at Lou’s stats. She is shooting at a higher percentage this year. She used to be the go to player in previous seasons so got more playing time and probably took more shots. With the right supporting cast, I can easily see her average more than 20 per game. Her defensive skills will keep improving too.

Reaction Score
Lou needs to be recognized more from WBB. She is having a better season then most big names like a Haley Jones Zia Cook and any other guards you want to argue about we can have a debate 18ppg nobody expected this out of this young lady. If it wasn't for Maddy she's my Big East player of the year so far. Where would uconn be without her shot making and all these injuries.

Reaction Score
Lou needs to be recognized more from WBB. She is having a better season then most big names like a Haley Jones Zia Cook and any other guards you want to argue about we can have a debate 18ppg nobody expected this out of this young lady. If it wasn't for Maddy she's my Big East player of the year so far. Where would uconn be without her shot making and all these injuries.
Edwards is my Big East Player of the Year. I hope she keeps the mask - all the way through winning the National Championship this year!

Lou is definitely a First team BE, and possibly in the running for 1st team AA....

Reaction Score
Lou has ALWAYS shot well from the 3 point line. Let's just call it at this point. Chica can shoot! She also has more than the 3 point line in her game. Could she not be a great shooting guard by herself? She is putting up numbers that put her in the AA discussion and 1st round draft pick discussion. She's a proven shooter over 5 years in a row now of college. She's a smart player also. She's made the most of her tools.

Reaction Score
Currently 215 players are making at least two 3FG per game (min. 75% of GP)

Note 1: Azzi Fudd currently doesn't qualify but I have included for reference.
Note 2: Lou was career 40% 3FG at Fairfield but currently over 50% 3FG at UConn

1671509541261.png

Reaction Score

View attachment 82130
Nice chart. I wonder if the numbers will change much over the season.

Reaction Score
I think Lou’s BB IQ and maturity are as important as the three pointers. (Not disagreeing or arguing with you, just adding to your comment)
I agree. Lou's ability to put offensive charge fouls on Florida State was
one of the major factors in that fourth quarter "W"! Goodbye # 00!

Reaction Score
Lou has ALWAYS shot well from the 3 point line. Let's just call it at this point. Chica can shoot! She also has more than the 3 point line in her game. Could she not be a great shooting guard by herself? She is putting up numbers that put her in the AA discussion and 1st round draft pick discussion. She's a proven shooter over 5 years in a row now of college. She's a smart player also. She's made the most of her tools.
Note that Lou shoots 95% from the charity strip!

Reaction Score

View attachment 82130
Caitlin Clark is shooting a little over 33% (not 45%) from three...... and a tad over 45% overall. You appear to have plotted overall %

Reaction Score
Edwards is my Big East Player of the Year. I hope she keeps the mask - all the way through winning the National Championship this year!

Lou is definitely a First team BE, and possibly in the running for 1st team AA....
Yeah after the last couple of games, I'll say edwards is on the way. You hope she keeps the ask I hope she also continues to play the way she is when Azzi comes back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We initially were going into this year with Lou, Paige and Azzi. Imagine that level of 3 point shooting. We had the whole enchilada last summer.
And a healthy Dorka, or Aubrey at the power forward slot, and you’ve got a recipe to play four out, which would open up the paint for Aaliyah and Dorka in particular. Once teams extend the cover them, Lou, Paige, Azzi, and Aubrey could blow right by them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She is FUN to watch. Fearless and oddly timid in her demeanor. Her reactions after making big buckets almost seem apologetic for being happy. I don't know how she was missed by POWER 5 recruiters.
I don’t know if she’s timid, exactly. She seems very low-key confident in her abilities, but she’s perfectly comfortable deferring to others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom