Lou out of the AAC tournament | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lou out of the AAC tournament

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
And you know that this aggravated her condition how?

They looked it up on WebMD:rolleyes:

Actually, no medical training or cheap hotel stays required
It's beneath common sense...more like
Duh!!!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not much can be said. Olivia and Mikayla have to step it up. So does Kyla.

Yes in deed, BIG TIME!!! ONO is not a freshman anymore. She's got 30 or so games under her belt. That pushes her into "sophomore" status. The biggest question that comes to mind for me is can UConn beat UCF without Lou? THAT is who they will meet in the conference finals. I know they struggled against USF on the road last week without Lou. The Huskies shot 37.7% from the field. A low shooting percentage always makes for a close game. I don't think they shoot that poorly in any game this weekend. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes in deed, BIG TIME!!! ONO is not a freshman anymore. She's got 30 or so games under her belt. That pushes her into "sophomore" status. The biggest question that comes to mind for me is can UConn beat UCF without Lou? THAT is who they will meet in the conference finals. :eek:
I know I’ve thrown this mild disagreement your way previously, but I think UCF is vulnerable vs either USF or Cincy.

Reaction Score
I know I’ve thrown this mild disagreement your way previously, but I think UCF is vulnerable vs either USF or Cincy.

The only way UCF plays USF is if USF beats us in the semis. (assuming that USF beats Houston
in the quarterfinals)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The only way UCF plays USF is if USF beats us in the semis. (assuming that USF beats Houston
in the quarterfinals)
Houston, UCF, USF & Cincy are all listed on the same side of the bracket.

Reaction Score
Houston, UCF, USF & Cincy are all listed on the same side of the bracket.

The bracket I'm looking at (from the official AAC website) has UCF playing the Wichita/Tulsa
winner in the quarterfinals, and the winner of Cincy v Temple/Memphis winner in the semis.

USF is on the other side of the bracket playing Houston in the quarterfinals.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Slings are sometimes helpful in injury treatment. Arrows, not so much.
No. Arrows are what acupuncturists use.

Reaction Score
We Boneyarders are so fortunate that our forum is populated by courageous posters. Here’s my contribution: whether Lou , as I expect, is merely (and wisely) being rested for the Big Dance, or if she’s effectively out for the season, UConn may or may not win NC #12 this year. Next year, after she graduates, our favorite team may or may not win more National Championships. There, timid souls. That’s the TRUTH. THE TRUTH HURTS... but at least one of us had “the guts” to say it!!

Reaction Score
It's true that the AAC tournament and the NCAA seeding just got a lot more interesting (and problematic). That being said, you have to dance with the date you brought. New Husky legends could be made this weekend. Or, we could all be disappointed.

Regardless of what happens, I am sure the players will give their all. The chips will fall where they may. I had best stop this post before I earn the wrath of the cliche police....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just hope they are using every possible diagnostic test to get her healthy as soon as possible. I recommend:

1552083503273.png

Carnac

Reaction Score
I see the Boneyard is about to go off the rails!!! And it only took about 20 minutes.

Distressing news of this nature usually will cause a "knee jerk" reaction. Most of us don't take this type of news tongue in cheek.
This also means that neither Crystal nor Pheesa can get hurt or in foul trouble this weekend.

UCF only lost 3 conference games. Twice to UConn, and once to Tulane 61-59. Besides UConn, I think UCF is the team to beat. AAC teams know they have a better chance of beating them than UConn.

UConn just had a couple of teeth pulled with Samuelson being out. Their "bite" may not be as vicious now as it was earlier in the season. Is this where UConn's string of consecutive wins the the AAC comes to an end? I don't think so. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Yes in deed, BIG TIME!!! ONO is not a freshman anymore. She's got 30 or so games under her belt. That pushes her into "sophomore" status. The biggest question that comes to mind for me is can UConn beat UCF without Lou? THAT is who they will meet in the conference finals. :eek:
Love that enthusiasm but technically she is still a freshman.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The bracket I'm looking at (from the official AAC website) has UCF playing the Wichita/Tulsa
winner in the quarterfinals, and the winner of Cincy v Temple/Memphis winner in the semis.

USF is on the other side of the bracket playing Houston in the quarterfinals.

FYI - USF lost by 2 to Houston in Houston and won by 10 in Tampa. I give USF the advantage.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Love that enthusiasm but technically she is still a freshman.

Yes...............................technically. She had better play like a sophomore until Lou gets back, or it might be a short run in the tournament for UConn. I guess I might as well turn in my MD card and take down my shingle. I was sure Lou would be back for the conference tourny. Her injury was obviously worst than we (BY Doctors) diagnosed. :confused:

Reaction Score
He's probably just keeping her out, so she doesn't get worse before the tournament. These conference tournaments are fun, but they're not worth making an injury worse.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
There's a write up in the Hartford Courant regarding the injury. Nothing new, but you're welcome to scrutinize it for "hidden meanings." Off hand, it doesn't sound like the end of the world. Sorry if someone has already posted this info.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Yuck. Don`t like it, but I get it. To fully understand it, I think you have to harken back to last year.

Last year, we had three players - Lou, Crystal, and Gabby - who were dealing with injuries in the NCAA Tournament. If we were fully healthy, we would have won it all.

The top priority for Geno is not being in that situation again.

Geno stated in the Courant article that he is expecting, or at least hoping, that Lou will be 100% with the extra rest. There is about two weeks until the NCAAs and realistically, three weeks (March 29) until having to face a difficult opponent.

The AAC Tournament will be ugly, especially if we end up facing USF and UCF, but we should be able to get through.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Also in injury infliction.

Ask Goliath.
I am sure that is what Bill meant when he put the words in Hamlet's mouth. As for Goliath, I believe it is too late to get his testimony! But I was just poking old Jordy G. BTW, the sling is not what does the damage! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom