Lou out of the AAC tournament | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lou out of the AAC tournament

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tomorrows game gives UConn a chance to see if we can improve off of the USF game. UConn had no trouble with either team in the regular season and I don't see them beating us. Since the game's played on 1/23 against SMU and ECU on 2/6, both ONO and Coombs have improved. This also gives the other bench players a chance to play which might helps the team down the road in the NCAAT. I'm going to relax now and go watch the remainder of the SMU - ECU game and maybe by the time I post the Prognosticators Tournament Predictions for Game 1 most of the Doom and Gloom skeptics will have gone to their safe room or taken their Xanax.Head bang:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Ok all you "I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night" seers, when I said it was not wise for her to take a bus to the airport, fly for 2+ hours, take more buses, sleep in a hotel, sit on a small crappy chair watching a game, I was told to relax. KLS would have been better to stay home and not put added stress on her muscles. Don't give me the BS that "she needed to be there to support her team when they have more games to be played. This news is very disheartening.

Yeah, you are right. Having had back pain since 2000 and two surgeries I know first hand when the back acts up I don't. Rest and certain exercises are key. Pushing the issue only exacerbates the issue.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Tomorrows game gives UConn a chance to see if we can improve off of the USF game. UConn had no trouble with either team in the regular season and I don't see them beating us. Since the game's played on 1/23 against SMU and ECU on 2/6, both ONO and Coombs have improved. This also gives the other bench players a chance to play which might helps the team down the road in the NCAAT.
Plus UConn has had/will have more practices using a Lou-less lineup (the glass is half full).

Reaction Score
The bench will be tested
We pretty much saw the bench tested against South Florida last week. We were down at the half. But won by 20.

We will likely play them again, or Central Florida, in the AAC finals. If Lou is not 100% for the big dance, we will go home early. Bench is simply not good enough. But Lou can sit out first game of NCAA tourney as well.

This is a bit too reminiscent of the injury she incurred as a freshman....causing her to miss the winning game(s) of the final tournament.

We have to hope that she gets a legit shot this time. Otherwise, Collier and Danger will try to do it all alone. And that won't work.

Yikes and yikes.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With Lou out this gives UConn a chance to defer to themselves and not Lou. Just like the last game we grew. We will continue to grow and most importantly our attitudes will change from what they were to "its up to me" UConn will be a much more improved team with Lou out and everybody else having to step up ... and they will. When Lou comes back and we need to give our starters a rest we wont replace a starter with a watcher, we will replace her with a player who will look to make something happen . This could be a blessing. If we dont win the conference tourney so what we will be a much better NCAA team then we wouldve been . With that said we will win the conference tourney .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So I don’t check in on the BY for a couple hours and all hell breaks lose. This is sports guys. Sometimes athletes get injured.

While I feel bad for Lou, I’m anxious to see how Megan, Christyn, Liv, Mikayla and others step up in her absence. Hopefully, Lou will be ready to go for the Big Dance, and UConn’s bench will be stronger for the challenge they face this weekend.

Reaction Score
Think it’s important that Meg and Olivia and Mikayla treat this as next year. We have no idea if Louwill play anymore.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Okay I'm ready for the slings and arrows. Let me be the first to speculate on the extent of Lou's injury.

She hurt her back and it still hurts. It may still hurt even if she returns before the tournament begins. She may have to play with some discomfort during the tournament. There. I said it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Andra Espinoza-Hunter didn't play much today. If only she had been patient. She'd be starting for UConn, which would have given the Huskies Christyn and Olivia off the bench.
Did not play because she was not good. 0 for 4 from 3pt and 3 quick TO. If she is not hitting 3's, she offers little else.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
And what is the big deal if we suffer a defeat?
Because our team is great enough to be NCs, we will get there no matter what seed we get, who we have to play or where. And Lou will be there alongside her teammates.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Did not play because she was not good. 0 for 4 from 3pt and 3 quick TO. If she is not hitting 3's, she offers little else.
Why is this in a thread about the Great LOU????

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Andra Espinoza-Hunter didn't play much today. If only she had been patient. She'd be starting for UConn, which would have given the Huskies Christyn and Olivia off the bench.
Why is this in a thread about our Great LOU???? AEH is gone!!!! Deal with it.

Reaction Score
IIRC UCONN plays winner of ECU vs SMU... just watched a little... it's a sad game, mid 3rd quarter and ECU leads 30ish to 18...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Ok all you "I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night" seers, when I said it was not wise for her to take a bus to the airport, fly for 2+ hours, take more buses, sleep in a hotel, sit on a small crappy chair watching a game, I was told to relax. KLS would have been better to stay home and not put added stress on her muscles. Don't give me the BS that "she needed to be there to support her team when they have more games to be played. This news is very disheartening.
So rather than expressing sympathy for a fine young woman who has given her all for UConn, you want us to lament the "disrespect" you have suffered at the hands of those whose opinions differ from yours? Let us worry about Katie Lou and the team. You just revel in self pity! :rolleyes:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Everyone is picking on me which is fine I’m a big boy can take anything that comes my way.. people get defensive when they can’t handle the truth and accept the truth. Denial doesn’t get u anywhere. I’m speaking the truth and seem to be the only one who has the guts to speak it.
Is this speech from "A few Good Men"? Seems vaguely familiar. Are you Jack Nicholson? Oh wow! ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Spot on. AEH is on the court to stretch the floor so teams can’t double McGowan. If she’s not hitting from outside, MS St has other players who are tougher defenders and have ability to attack the basket.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Well I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once, so I know anything I post is 100% accurate and the truth.
The OP is fake news.
So there.

Reaction Score
View attachment 40674
Sounds like Geno fully expects her to be ready for the NCAA tournament. Even sounds like she could have played this weekend but “it didn’t make sense”.
I said this, while I’m sure the aac tournament is necessary for them to win, they are already in the ncaa tournament, there’s no need in playing her right now, when you can rest her for the tournament that absolutely matters, which is the NCAA tournament

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Okay I'm ready for the slings and arrows. Let me be the first to speculate on the extent of Lou's injury.

She hurt her back and it still hurts. It may still hurt even if she returns before the tournament begins. She may have to play with some discomfort during the tournament. There. I said it.
Slings are sometimes helpful in injury treatment. Arrows, not so much.

Reaction Score
I totally agree with you and said the same thing earlier in the week, only to hear how important it was for her to be there. I hope this is all precautionary. They will not get by the elite eight in Albany without her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom