Lou out of the AAC tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lou out of the AAC tournament

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This sucks to hear, but UConn will be fine now, she may very well be back for the tournament, and many years top teams lose top players and go on to win it all. Remember how everyone last year thought the Domers were toast when Turner and Thompson went out for the season? Somebody forgot to tell the rest of their team that - they won it all. And so too may it be for the Huskies. Calm down and let Geno do what he has done for years - coach his players up to the occasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Everyone is picking on me which is fine I’m a big boy can take anything that comes my way.. people get defensive when they can’t handle the truth and accept the truth. Denial doesn’t get u anywhere. I’m speaking the truth and seem to be the only one who has the guts to speak it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Everyone is picking on me which is fine I’m a big boy can take anything that comes my way.. people get defensive when they can’t handle the truth and accept the truth. Denial doesn’t get u anywhere. I’m speaking the truth and seem to be the only one who has the guts to speak it.
You must be a blast at cocktail parties.

Reaction Score
What truth do you have that proves she won’t play in the tournament?? You have zero proof, you’re just bringing negativity.

Reaction Score
Man, the doomsday cultists should hire you to do recruiting pitches! This sucks to hear, but UConn will be fine now, she may very well be back for the tournament, and many years top teams lose top players and go on to win it all. Remember how everyone last year thought the Domers were toast when Turner and Thompson went out for the season? Somebody forgot to tell the rest of their team that - they won it all. And so too may it be for the Huskies. Calm down and let Geno do what he has done for years - coach his players up to the occasion.
Have u seen our bench? Reserves? There lucky to put 10 points on the board in a quarter. Let’s be real.. losing Katie Lou senior all American second leading scorer come on people.. we barely got by a depleted South Florida team ...

Reaction Score
Man, the doomsday cultists should hire you to do recruiting pitches!

This sucks to hear, but UConn will be fine now, she may very well be back for the tournament, and many years top teams lose top players and go on to win it all. Remember how everyone last year thought the Domers were toast when Turner and Thompson went out for the season? Somebody forgot to tell the rest of their team that - they won it all. And so too may it be for the Huskies. Calm down and let Geno do what he has done for years - coach his players up to the occasion.
Geno can’t even seal the deal on recruits!!! Let’s see how many top recruits he picks up on 2020....

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
What is it the kids say, "work through adversity"? Real life happens. The kids will do their best and overcome or not. Either result won't demishing the joy we derive from watching the kids growing up and doing their best to execute the game as taught by Geno & staff.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Have u seen our bench? Reserves? There lucky to put 10 points on the board in a quarter. Let’s be real.. losing Katie Lou senior all American second leading scorer come on people.. we barely got by a depleted South Florida team ...

Also keep in mind that was on a two day turnaround from when she was injured. I bet ONO and Coombs have been working with the other starting four a lot more in practice this week to make sure that things are less disjointed than they were against USF.

Reaction Score

1552071720169.png

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter [to me] [I'm worried that] her season and career sadly is over. [I'm guessing that] No way she comes back in time for NCAA tourney full strength. Sadly [if my pessimistic guesses turn out to be true the] final four will not be happening this year [for UConn] and not to look ahead [but I will and I further pessimistically] think that next season will be one of uconns worse seasons in over 10 years. Sadly uconns dominance is no longer [as guaranteed as it used to be] here and sadly [the unparalleled dominance I was counting on] it’s coming to a end. [ I'll carry my pessimistic projecting] Further [and say that I think the incredible] Recruiting is coming to a end and the ride [of incomparable and likely never to be repeated dominance] is coming to a end.

I put you comment in a little more accurate context for you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think everyone here agrees Lou can’t be replaced, even by committee but let’s wait & see before we cancel our postseason plans. She’s played through a shredded ankle, I don’t see anything keeping her out her senior NCAA tournament.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
No what you are speaking is your (pessimistic) opinion and phrasing it like it is truth. You want to be a gloom and doom pessimist go ahead but when you state an opinion state it as an opinion and not some unchangeable truth.

Reaction Score
Another serious blow to the legacy of KLS. She was set to achieve something only 3 other Huskie women ever have and that was to be selected to the all-conference tournament team 4 times. Her career totals will take a hit also, especially the one she deserves the most and that is 3rd place in career pts. This is sadly approaching what happened to the end of Svetlana's great career. Fortunately, she still has chance to join very select company by making the WBCA all-American team for the 3rd time which only 4 other Huskie women have been so honored.

Reaction Score
Another serious blow to the legacy of KLS. She was set to achieve something only 3 other Huskie women ever have and that was to be selected to the all-conference tournament team 4 times. Her career totals will take a hit also, especially the one she deserves the most and that is 3rd place in career pts. This is sadly approaching what happened to the end of Svetlana's great career. Fortunately, she still has chance to join very select company by making the WBCA all-American team for the 3rd time which only 4 other Huskie women have been so honored.
Sorry but my opinion of her game & her legacy wouldn’t have changed whether she got another all-tournament team or not. Another championship would obviously help but she has established herself as one of the all-time greats.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
There goes any chance for a final four. Her season and career is sadly over. I said this last week back injuries take months to heal. Very sad!!!
Right or wrong that statement is really stupid. The same rush to judgement that we see daily in the media. Doncha' think we should wait and see how it plays out before declaring her career over?

Reaction Score
Right or wrong that statement is really stupid. The same rush to judgement that we see daily in the media. Doncha' think we should wait and see how it plays out before declaring her career over?
Her injury did not look that serious but you never know with back injuries. I tend to want to believe UConn is just being careful. UConn should win the ACC Tournament even without
Lou and it makes sense to rest Lou’s back as long as feasible. Hopefully, therapy will help her be ready for NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Andra Espinoza-Hunter didn't play much today. If only she had been patient. She'd be starting for UConn, which would have given the Huskies Christyn and Olivia off the bench.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Andra Espinoza-Hunter didn't play much today. If only she had been patient. She'd be starting for UConn, which would have given the Huskies Christyn and Olivia off the bench.
I believe she would not have beat out CW for the starting spot, but she might have been the first guard off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom