Lou?Lou? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lou?Lou?

Reaction Score
Lou is taking NO courses this semester - she has finished all her course work. Maybe she should take a course or something.

Actually she's taking online courses to remain eligible.

Reaction Score
There has to be a a resistance to believe Lou is juts a spot up shooter. Two years ago vs ND you saw Geo put her at one of the corners at the ft line and she took the ND player to the basket. It was deliberate to put her there. And If Lou is only a spot up shooter after she leaves then she and Geno have failed (definitelty not a failure just failed in terms of ceiling development.) with her development.

This team needs their upperclassmen of Lou and Collier and Danger to score. Upperclassmen need to play like upperclassmen and carry the load. And Collier needs Lou and Danger and others to an extent to open up the floor for her vs the tough teams. Right now imo there is no way Lou is missing because of the defenses employed on her. IMO she is as open as she always has been with most of her shots. She is 6'3. Many players defending her can't affect her shot. She's just missing. And if she continues to miss UCONN isn't going anywhere. This team needs Lou to score vs the tougher teams from 3 to open up the lane.

The offense will suddenly start to click when she starts hitting her 3's and hitting her jump shot 2's. (because she is also a terrific passer and we know Danger is too ths both would be the main targets on the perimeter.) She came in day 1 as a spot up shooter and if she leaves the same then it would be a big disappointment.

Don't know why she is bricking so much other than wild guesses that she is hurt (such as that shoulder-strap I saw on her at start of season), or she didn't pactice as much this season during the summer because she was healing from injury, or she is just in a slump. Or ofc any combo of the 3. But for anyone to suggest she is tired, I'd lke to hear their response as to why she misses so much at start of games says much as throughout the games?

Reaction Score
She has 6 weeks to snap out of it. I’m not worried about Lou, she’s a prolific shooter. We honestly have much bigger issues on offense, like the inability of CW or MW to pass the ball. Subtracting Gabby & Kia and adding those two have really created a stagnant offense because they are so 1-deminsional.

Reaction Score
I posted this a couple of years ago. Could it be that she is not the player she is made out to be? She is at her best when she can stand on the perimeter and shoot. Not rushed, not contested- just free to shoot. Back then I didn't like that 2-3+ screens were set just to give her shots. This was at the expense of other players production and marked a very unbalanced offense. It bit us in the butt now two years in a row.

Her game has improved immensely. She plays defense a bit now, she rebounds more etc. The offense is still unbalanced. The motion sets are run with looks for anyone else as tertiary at best. There are legitimately 5 weapons on the floor. Effort is only really given to get one gun loaded. Everyone else is an after thought.

Geno for the last 2 years has went with KLS or bust strategy and it has been bust. We won't make the FF this year.

Reaction Score
Not sure why I didn't think about this earlier... Perhaps Lou just needs to get a case of Flu, then barf in a bucket by the bench early in the first quarter of the next game...and she'll take over like she did vs MD a couple seasons back... :);):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I posted this a couple of years ago. Could it be that she is not the player she is made out to be? She is at her best when she can stand on the perimeter and shoot. Not rushed, not contested- just free to shoot. Back then I didn't like that 2-3+ screens were set just to give her shots. This was at the expense of other players production and marked a very unbalanced offense. It bit us in the butt now two years in a row.

Her game has improved immensely. She plays defense a bit now, she rebounds more etc. The offense is still unbalanced. The motion sets are run with looks for anyone else as tertiary at best. There are legitimately 5 weapons on the floor. Effort is only really given to get one gun loaded. Everyone else is an after thought.

Geno for the last 2 years has went with KLS or bust strategy and it has been bust. We won't make the FF this year.

That is pure hogwash! A bust? Two years running? The team lost one (1) game two years in a row. Lou was far from the only weapon and certainly was not the featured player. Her teammates rarely set picks for her, and almost never got her the ball when openly cutting through the key. Kia for example almost never passed her the ball when she was in a position to score. That situation existed for three (3) years. If you truly knew how to analyze the game, you would have realized that the ball was equally distributed to all five better than any team in the country. Whoever had the hot hand was generally delivered the ball ... just as it should be.

Reaction Score
I think Lou needs to command more space when she drives. Christyn gives herself room by using her legs, Pheesa uses her off arm but Lou goes in sleek and slim and gets stuffed an inordinate percentage of the time for someone who is 6'3". If she could give herself a wider berth, I think she'd make more driving layups.

Just a thought.

As far as her shooting goes, she should ignore the misses, ignore the haters and keep shooting. Good shooters know if they miss several in a row they are just as liable to hit several in a row. Make sure the mechanics are good, but keep shooting.

Reaction Score
That is pure hogwash! A bust? Two years running? The team lost one (1) game two years in a row. Lou was far from the only weapon and certainly was not the featured player. Her teammates rarely set picks for her, and almost never got her the ball when openly cutting through the key. Kia for example almost never passed her the ball when she was in a position to score. That situation existed for three (3) years. If you truly knew how to analyze the game, you would have realized that the ball was equally distributed to all five better than any team in the country. Whoever had the hot hand was generally delivered the ball ... just as it should be.
concur with you!!! I find it amazing how SOME UCONN "Fans" can "dislike" some of the UCONN players so much.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
concur with you!!! I find it amazing how UCONN "Fans" can "dislike" some of the UCONN players so much.

Then the coaches had three years to correct it.

Reaction Score
KLS is a super "team player" sometimes to a fault. I like to see her look more for her own shot and try to take advantage of her FT ability and get to the line more. However, when a supreme scorer is trying to do a lot of scoring all the other players have to be on board with it. This team doesn't seem to want to do that. MW & CW are not willing or good passers and that is a problem for KLS too, especially when she is cutting or posting down low.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

Huh? So, 36-1, 36-1, and 19-2 to date is a bust? Do you realize that 100% of the coaches who are involved on a day to day basis in working with young people just rolled their eyes and wondered if 91-4 is considered a bust, just exactly what am I? The remarkable level of excellence this program has exhibited for many years has obviously spoiled many “fans” and has led to unrealistic expectations of perfection. I do know that there are a multitude of AD’s who would sell their soul in a NY minute to get GA’s signature on a contract and pray for a “bust” like that. Just try to enjoy what you have- it won’t last forever, nor will you always get to watch players like KLS, flaws and all.

Reaction Score
Correct! Presumably they didn't because when you're winning a don't fix it attitude naturally exists.

And yet, somehow, KLS flourished when Kia was the floor general and even managed a few AA's. As did every other starter Kia played with. Everyone except Kia. Hey, you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't agree with you.

Reaction Score
Is it a problem with Lou? or is it a problem with her teammates?

She's working hard. She posts up but her teammates don't pass to her. Her teammates don't kick the ball out to her. Her teammates really don't work too hard to help her get open.

One of the problems last year was if you passed the ball to Azura she did not kick it out.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I will try to stay measured in my comments to aid the uninitiated with some of their really bizarre and “entitled fan” comments.
1. KLS is our tallest player and has been asked to rebound significantly more.
2. KLS is now our second best play maker and has to involve (or wants to involve) more of her teammates
3. KLS IS getting hit more this year by teams being extremely physical. This happened to both Stewie and Diana AND it affected them similarly until they got used to it (see both DT and Stewie’s Junior/Soph years).
4. The team has played an absurd amount of away games with constant travel unfamiliar rims/background/lighting and atmosphere. AKA the “circus in town”
5. The pressure to perform at UConn is already very high and given the past 6 year run, it has to be even higher now, and she knows it. She is pressing.
6. The Top 20 Wooden award list is listed and Lou is better than 10 other players on it so saying she’s 3rd team is just illogical.
Yes, she has struggled at times this year, however there is still 15+ games left so...

My goodness we’re 19-2, KLS averages 18.3 pmts, 6.9 reb, 73-29 A/to ratio and people want to go negative?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I will try to stay measured in my comments to aid the uninitiated with some of their really bizarre and “entitled fan” comments.
2. KLS is now our second best play maker and has to involve (or wants to involve) more of her teammates
3. KLS IS getting hit more this year by teams being extremely physical. This happened to both Stewie and Diana AND it affected them similarly until they got used to it (see both DT and Stewie’s Junior/Soph years).
4. The team has played an absurd amount of away games with constant travel unfamiliar rims/background/lighting and atmosphere. AKA the “circus in town”
5. The pressure to perform at UConn is already very high and given the past 6 year run, it has to be even higher now, and she knows it. She is pressing.
6. The Top 20 Wooden award list is listed and Lou is better than 10 other players on it so saying she’s 3rd team is just illogical.
Yes, she has struggled at times this year, however there is still 15+ games left so...

My goodness we’re 19-2, KLS averages 18.3 pmts, 6.9 reb, 73-29 A/to ratio and people want to go negative?

Like, like, like, like, like, like, like, like etc etc ad infinitum (stumped spell checker with that!)

Reaction Score

@DefenseBB I think you hit the things that have "impacted" Lou's game this year. Sure she is in a "slump" with the 3 (even TOP Professionals have "slumps"...and "The Mighty Casey did strike out")..., but she continues to contribute TO THE TEAM in many ways. Is she "tired"...maybe. Is she "under pressure"... maybe. Is she still one of the top players in NCAA WBB... I believe she is!!! Her recent slump has put some shade on NPOY chances, but it's possible she can play herself back into contention. BUT to Lou..., doing everything she can to help the Team...and winning the NC are WAY more important than any individual award. Detractors consistently over look her 2 time 1st Team AA and 2 time invitation to the announcement of the NPOY presentation... these awards NOT driven by UCONN or BYers, but chosen by some mysterious group of experts. She was also one of a few College players invited to the Olympic WBB camp, and would have been for this past summer's world cup had she not had ankle surgery right after last season ended.
She will fix the 3...but more importantly, she will continue to bust her butt for the Team and the potential that it has within.

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Maybe Lou is just like most college seniors and just wants to be “done” and move on to the next phase of her life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom