Lou?Lou? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Lou?Lou?

Reaction Score
In my opinion Kia was very much the floor general, constantly directing traffic and pointing to spots on the floor players should move to. I think that's been missing this year. That's my opinion. You are entitled to yours and I respect that. Let's leave it at that. Whether or not Kia passed the ball to Lou is not so important an issue as to warrant my time looking at past games. That's the past. I would probably see something different anyway since perception can be tricky like that. We both want the same thing for this current team going forward so lets just agree to disagree. Great game for Lou last night and I hope her production continues.

What you would see (if you wanted to know the truth) is exactly what I've said.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And yet, 3 years of game films prove that she almost never passed the ball to Lou when Lou was in a position to score.
That’s absolute nonsense. You obviously didn’t watch 3 years of game film. Please troll someone else.

Reaction Score
You are entitled to your opinion, but there are opinions in your post that aren’t backed up by basketball certainty, #1 is that you can never be a great player if you “almost never” throw the ball to an open teammate, and definitely not when that player has the shooting acumen of KLS. #2, if you have a perimeter player who doesn’t pass to an open player, especially a great shooter, it would be an absolute impossibility for the teams they played together on to have a record of 110-2. #3, if your opinion were fact, then Ms Nurse would be defined as a selfish player. If you truly do want to “analyze film” then go back and watch the games where she completely sacrificed her offensive game to face guard an opponent’s outstanding perimeter star because that’s what gave her team the best chance to win. I would contend that Kia Nurse was the consummate team player and teammate, and would be the poster child for those traits.

#4, and most importantly, if your “theory” was indeed fact, then you don’t know how the UConn program was built, and continues under GA. There is ample film out there of his practices, methods, and the demands he places on his players. If Ms Nurse wasn’t passing to KLS, let’s just say the issue would have been solved , and that would have not been just a suggestion, if you catch my drift.

Like most UConn fans, you only see what you want to see...UConn winning! Everything else slips right by you.

#1 - Of course you can. Winning is everything and Lou was an All American in-spite of Kia's possible jealousy (for lack of a better defining word). Obviously few cared about this FACT (including the coaching staff) since UConn was winning and Lou was getting her points.

#2 - And yet that's exactly what happened.

#3 - My opinion is FACT, and you only have to invest in the necessary time to watch every game film for the three (3) years they played together to prove it. Of course you (and others) aren't going to do that because your finding would embarrass you. Oh, you might cherry pick a few replays to watch, but in reality that wouldn't prove anything. You arguing that Kia was a great player (an expressed "given" in my book) has absolutely nothing to do with why she almost never passed the ball to Lou when she was in a position to score. Selfishness isn't a word I would use to define it. Kia was definitely not a selfish player, but the problem I've described existed nevertheless.

#4 - And yet the problem wasn't solved for the reasons already stated. By the way, there would be very little (if anything) you know about the UConn program I'm not aware of. The opposite is most likely the case.

Reaction Score
That’s absolute nonsense. You obviously didn’t watch 3 years of game film. Please troll someone else.

Not that you deserve a response, but I've watched every minute of every game UConn has played either "live" or the replay within 24-36 hours since Lou was a freshman. Started doing this many, many years ago where replays were available.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not that you deserve a response, but I've watched every minute of every game UConn has played either "live" or the replay within 24-36 hours since Lou was a freshman. Started doing this many, many years ago where replays were available.
So do I. That’s not the point. What you haven’t done is keep a running scorecard of each of Kia’s 334 assists when she played together with Lou, maintaining a running total of how many of those assists went to Lou, vs the other players on the court.

Reaction Score
Like most UConn fans, you only see what you want to see...UConn winning! Everything else slips right by you.

#1 - Of course you can. Winning is everything and Lou was an All American in-spite of Kia's possible jealousy (for lack of a better defining word). Obviously few cared about this FACT (including the coaching staff) since UConn was winning and Lou was getting her points.

#2 - And yet that's exactly what happened.

#3 - My opinion is FACT, and you only have to invest in the necessary time to watch every game film for the three (3) years they played together to prove it. Of course you (and others) aren't going to do that because your finding would embarrass you. Oh, you might cherry pick a few replays to watch, but in reality that wouldn't prove anything. You arguing that Kia was a great player (an expressed "given" in my book) has absolutely nothing to do with why she almost never passed the ball to Lou when she was in a position to score. Selfishness isn't a word I would use to define it. Kia was definitely not a selfish player, but the problem I've described existed nevertheless.

#4 - And yet the problem wasn't solved for the reasons already stated. By the way, there would be very little (if anything) you know about the UConn program I'm not aware of. The opposite is most likely the case.

Not sure if you’re serious or trolling, but I stopped reading at “My opinion is FACT”.

Reaction Score
This is sad that this thread has turned into slighting what Collier is doing & now calling Kia selfish. Lou has 1 good game & now let’s point fingers at why she hasn’t been more successful?? It’s small to say the least.

Reaction Score
This is sad that this thread has turned into slighting what Collier is doing & now calling Kia selfish. Lou has 1 good game & now let’s point fingers at why she hasn’t been more successful?? It’s small to say the least.
I don't recall anyone slighting Collier. Has she weaknesses? Of course. Who doesn't? She's a mediocre free throw shooter but will improve in pros. She's not a great passer and as a shooter has a short range. But she more than makes up for it by playing way above her height, grabbing rebounds, blocking shots, getting steals, getting free under the basket with excellent moves, making her easily one of top five players in the country. She's a joy to watch.

Reaction Score
And yet, 3 years of game films prove that she almost never passed the ball to Lou when Lou was in a position to score.

Lord forgive me for jumping back into the fray. Sometimes I can't help myself. Sam, I assume you're going on perception and recall because you wouldn't have had enough time over the last few days to review approximately 240 hours of game tape to make sure you could support your assertion. Let's say your perception is right, that Kia rarely passed the ball to Lou. Either all of the coaches failed to observe and correct this, or they instructed Kia not to. They certainly wouldn't let it go if it were a problem, and Kia would have been benched if she wasn't following coaches' instructions. Seriously, why would Kia not pass the ball to Lou? Kia usually deferred to her teammates on offense as she was a relatively low volume shooter. KLS often set up on the left side and Kia on the right. Maybe Kia was reluctant to make a cross-court pass? Maybe Lou "unfriended" her on Facebook (it could happen)? You were obviously focused on the Kia-Lou dynamic (or lack thereof) for three years. I'm being serious, what do you think must have been going on if what you say is true?

Reaction Score
Oh wait, I just saw this.....

Sam.the.Man said:

What a load of crap! Are you kidding? No need to respond to my post above, as I won't bother to read it anyway.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Oh wait, I just saw this.....

Sam.the.Man said:

What a load of crap! Are you kidding? No need to respond to my post above, as I won't bother to read it anyway.

He was slowly losing my respect with each post. That highlighted section was for me also the last straw. oldude has it right...troll.

For the record Kia Nurse was and is the definition of a team player. One of my all time favorites.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
He was slowly losing my respect with each post. That highlighted section was for me also the last straw. oldude has it right...troll.

For the record Kia Nurse was and is the definition of a team player. One of my all time favorites.
Interesting that Sam the Troll lists himself as being from Canada. Perhaps he’s not a troll. Maybe he’s just an admirer of Kia’s, who’s frustrated because she hasn’t responded to any of his cards and letters.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
KLS is in a no-win situation as the team leader. If she doesn't play well against the handful of good teams out there, they no win. Filling the box score in a 60-point win is meaningless.
Well, you have me flummoxed as I have no idea what your point is. Your last sentence is just plain ignorant as none of the starters play to “fill the box scor” and saying as much shows your lack of concept. In KLS case against ECU her stats occurred in the first half creating the huge gap.
UConn has lost 2 games this year-both on the road in very home friendly environments for their opponent. They also won at ND. So against top ranked teams on the road-everyone struggles at times. Durr, Ogunbowale, Ionescu and KLS.
Against ranked opponents this year-KLS 18.27 pts, 43.7% FG, 39.3% 3pt, 86.7% FT, 4.5 A/TO ratio, 7.6 rebounds. Show me you “facts” to support your lame assertions and establish some credibility. Otherwise Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom