Looking good for Javonte | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looking good for Javonte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonder if staff is double checking his re-class academics following this Richie Springs situation.
The big difference here is that Javonte Brown Ferguson has been leaning this way for a while and has the whole year to ensure that he’ll be eligible academically. If you asked Springs in May, he probably would have told you there’s no way he’s reclassifying.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can't blame him for sharing again. That's a sweet pic. Ours kinda sucks in comparison.

There's a pretty obvious difference in quality.

Not really. You can tell he's leaning towards us.

Reaction Score
FIRST HALF Husky's Brief (tm). Just my random thoughts I typed while watching.. apologies if it makes no sense.

21pt
6 reb
10/10 FG
1/2 FT
2 TO
1 Blk

He's not very active early at all. Looks slow and lazy TBH.

Last bit of the 1st quarter and beginning in the 2nd his team went on a run without him... so the coach kept him out longer than I saw in the last game.

Not sure if it's the camera angle or if I'm just getting used to it, but the level of competition seems to be a little bit more athletic this time around. Brown's still the tallest guy on the court by far. Luguentz Dort played for the opponent in hs, to give a sense of the kind of player's that sometimes go to these schools... Definitely no Brewster or Westtown.. probably more like a lower-level NEPSAC conference.

mid-second quarter he got his first dunk I've seen in the two games, finally. Then another after...and another.. It is noticeable that he's playing with more energy and it's making a world of difference. Getting more open to make the passes easier for his teammates. Couple of strong rebounds too. He is a solid player when his motor is running.

His coach sucks. I have yet to see any decent action to get him open in the post other than swing around the perimeter and let javonte do it himself. No screen the screener, duck ins, flex screens.. nothing.

Brown isn't much of a shotblocker, but I think he could be okay when he gets faster into help with practice. LONG arms on this kid. He'll be more like carlton than brimah... not a natural shotblocker, so it will come in the flow of the D. His positioning on D needs a major overhaul even when he is engaged in the game though. Not uncommon for big men.

6:02 draws a foul on the first play before the shot. Bad double team by opponent.
6:37 rebound
9:05 nice up and under
11:29 TO when double teamed in the dunker spot
12:14 TO Travel
14:09 he missed help D on a drive BADLY. gave up an easy 2.
14:23 Easy 2 pts on a short lob layup
14:43 rebound
27:40 offensive board and putback for 2
27:57 Block?
28:55 rim run and a throw down
30:58 rebound
31:28
31:43 foul. Late help
32:55 throw down from the dunker spot
33:15 big rebound.. Seemed like his most athletic board so far.
33:44 foul
36:40 And 1 throw down from the dunker spot...
37:49 rebound
38:07 NICE footwork on a post spin move for 2
38:50 draws a foul posting up aggressively
39:35 grabs the loose ball and powers up for a soft 2 through contact
40:20 post up for an easy 2
40:46 roll for 2.. very strong strong move.. and 1... 1/1 FT

End of the half...

Reaction Score
FIRST HALF Husky's Brief (tm). Just my random thoughts I typed while watching.. apologies if it makes no sense.

21pt
6 reb
10/10 FG
1/2 FT
2 TO
1 Blk

He's not very active early at all. Looks slow and lazy TBH.

Last bit of the 1st quarter and beginning in the 2nd his team went on a run without him... so the coach kept him out longer than I saw in the last game.

Not sure if it's the camera angle or if I'm just getting used to it, but the level of competition seems to be a little bit more athletic this time around. Brown's still the tallest guy on the court by far. Luguentz Dort played for the opponent in hs, to give a sense of the kind of player's that sometimes go to these schools... Definitely no Brewster or Westtown.. probably more like a lower-level NEPSAC conference.

mid-second quarter he got his first dunk I've seen in the two games, finally. Then another after...and another.. It is noticeable that he's playing with more energy and it's making a world of difference. Getting more open to make the passes easier for his teammates. Couple of strong rebounds too. He is a solid player when his motor is running.

His coach sucks. I have yet to see any decent action to get him open in the post other than swing around the perimeter and let javonte do it himself. No screen the screener, duck ins, flex screens.. nothing.

Brown isn't much of a shotblocker, but I think he could be okay when he gets faster into help with practice. LONG arms on this kid. He'll be more like carlton than brimah... not a natural shotblocker, so it will come in the flow of the D. His positioning on D needs a major overhaul even when he is engaged in the game though. Not uncommon for big men.

6:02 draws a foul on the first play before the shot. Bad double team by opponent.
6:37 rebound
9:05 nice up and under
11:29 TO when double teamed in the dunker spot
12:14 TO Travel
14:09 he missed help D on a drive BADLY. gave up an easy 2.
14:23 Easy 2 pts on a short lob layup
14:43 rebound
27:40 offensive board and putback for 2
27:57 Block?
28:55 rim run and a throw down
30:58 rebound
31:28
31:43 foul. Late help
32:55 throw down from the dunker spot
33:15 big rebound.. Seemed like his most athletic board so far.
33:44 foul
36:40 And 1 throw down from the dunker spot...
37:49 rebound
38:07 NICE footwork on a post spin move for 2
38:50 draws a foul posting up aggressively
39:35 grabs the loose ball and powers up for a soft 2 through contact
40:20 post up for an easy 2
40:46 roll for 2.. very strong strong move.. and 1... 1/1 FT

End of the half...
I hope he comes here. For your sake alone

Reaction Score

Yeah, I tried to watch 2 of the games that were posted here and I can't watch much just because of how bad the coaching is + the energy and quality of play. I loved watching some of Gaffney's games posted here last season and especially loved watching James Akinjo's games in high school...That was a really well coached team.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Looks like a new full game available for anyone with 2 hours to spare.

What a terrible game. Slow pace, kids weren’t really playing hard, sloppy. Compare that to prep ball in the US it’s night and day.

Reaction Score
Second half...

Started the second half pretty soft again. Even his screens just look lazy and disinterested. Other team has a 6'10 kid that is able to stop Brown--when he went on that crazy scoring run in the second quarter it was because this kid was out with 2 fouls.

Annoncers also mentioned that Jamal Murray and Thon Maker and Iggy brazdeiks played in this league.

Sat for a good 9 minutes between the 3rd and fourth.. Not a good look for their best player. It's pretty shocking how uninvolved he can be. This is a close game and he's jogging the court, barely fighting for post position, etc. ONE made field goal with 6 seconds left in the game in the entire second half... TBH this is unacceptably bad.

Had a TERRIBLE 2nd half until he got in that little scuffle... silenced the crowd, mocked the crowd, antagonized the other team and stuff. They definitely got him mad and he played harder after. Got fouled a little bit, fouled on some putbacks, active rebounding etc. but he was distracted by all the mouthing off for a good 5 mins. Not a good look. Not focused on the game at all. Keeps it going even through a few more plays... kid need to learn to shut up, but that's on his coach for not doing anything about it.

I will say that when he is playing with motor and actively engaged in the game, he looks pretty good. HIGH ceiling. Really nice tough around the basket, decent hands. But right now, I'm not sure he's much more than a large body with an NBA ceiling.

28pt
11 reb
2 AST
11/13 FG
6/8 FT
2 TO
4 Blk
1 STL

58:24 hits a cutter from the low shoulder... didn't look stronger versus pressure tbh.
1:00:11 misses baby hook versus a double team
1:01:40 fumbles a rebound into a TO
1:01:42 foul on the shooter... looked like a clean block to me
1:02:48 Rebound
1:04:24 Missed a baby hook
1:05:36 rebuond
1:26:14 misses a baby hook.. he was triple teamed. Missed an easy passes or two or three
1:26:35 Block
1:28:30 Steal.. technically.. but he didn't really cause it.
1:28:56 Block
1:33:14 Rebound
1:33:25 AST
1:34:20 Gets mouthy with another player. Odd. They were just passing the ball back and forth because neihter knew whose ball it was, and then they're talking.
1:34:43 On the line for the 1n1. 2/2
1:35:43 rebound and Fouled on a put back. 1/2
1:40:47 rebound and fouled on a putback 2/2
1:45:45 Block
1:49:51 rebound and Putback

Reaction Score
Yeah, I tried to watch 2 of the games that were posted here and I can't watch much just because of how bad the coaching is + the energy and quality of play. I loved watching some of Gaffney's games posted here last season and especially loved watching James Akinjo's games in high school...That was a really well coached team.

His coach is legitimately awful. I can see why he is coming early to college ball in the states for some real development. But man he would have been better off in a prep somewhere in the US this year.

Reaction Score
Second half...

Started the second half pretty soft again. Even his screens just look lazy and disinterested. Other team has a 6'10 kid that is able to stop Brown--when he went on that crazy scoring run in the second quarter it was because this kid was out with 2 fouls.

Annoncers also mentioned that Jamal Murray and Thon Maker and Iggy brazdeiks played in this league.

Sat for a good 9 minutes between the 3rd and fourth.. Not a good look for their best player. It's pretty shocking how uninvolved he can be. This is a close game and he's jogging the court, barely fighting for post position, etc. ONE made field goal with 6 seconds left in the game in the entire second half... TBH this is unacceptably bad.

Had a TERRIBLE 2nd half until he got in that little scuffle... silenced the crowd, mocked the crowd, antagonized the other team and stuff. They definitely got him mad and he played harder after. Got fouled a little bit, fouled on some putbacks, active rebounding etc. but he was distracted by all the mouthing off for a good 5 mins. Not a good look. Not focused on the game at all. Keeps it going even through a few more plays... kid need to learn to shut up, but that's on his coach for not doing anything about it.

I will say that when he is playing with motor and actively engaged in the game, he looks pretty good. HIGH ceiling. Really nice tough around the basket, decent hands. But right now, I'm not sure he's much more than a large body with an NBA ceiling.

Thanks for doing these. Very insightful and detailed.

Reaction Score
Second half...

28pt
11 reb
2 AST
11/13 FG
6/8 FT
2 TO
4 Blk
1 STL

58:24 hits a cutter from the low shoulder... didn't look stronger versus pressure tbh.
1:00:11 misses baby hook versus a double team
1:01:40 fumbles a rebound into a TO
1:01:42 foul on the shooter... looked like a clean block to me
1:02:48 Rebound
1:04:24 Missed a baby hook
1:05:36 rebuond
1:26:14 misses a baby hook.. he was triple teamed. Missed an easy passes or two or three
1:26:35 Block
1:28:30 Steal.. technically.. but he didn't really cause it.
1:28:56 Block
1:33:14 Rebound
1:33:25 AST
1:34:20 Gets mouthy with another player. Odd. They were just passing the ball back and forth because neihter knew whose ball it was, and then they're talking.
1:34:43 On the line for the 1n1. 2/2
1:35:43 rebound and Fouled on a put back. 1/2
1:40:47 rebound and fouled on a putback 2/2
1:45:45 Block
1:49:51 rebound and Putback
I loved the exchange when he got into it with the other kid and then got into it with everyone. We haven't had that attitude from any of our big men or any of our players in several years. He has a huge NBA frame which we also haven't had in years with enormous hands. He looks nothing like the really awkward unathletic kid from his old clips. It will be all about getting him more explosive, stronger, and playing with a constant motor. Once that happens look out, the things you look for all seem to be there.

Reaction Score
I loved the exchange when he got into it with the other kid and then got into it with everyone. We haven't had that attitude from any of our big men or any of our players in several years. He has a huge NBA frame which we also haven't had in years with enormous hands. He looks nothing like the really awkward unathletic kid from his old clips. It will be all about getting him more explosive, stronger, and playing with a constant motor. Once that happens look out, the things you look for all seem to be there.

Exactly. Potential to be dominant when he's engaged. I would love to see him play balls to the wall for 10 mins a game backing up Carlton year 1 and spend practices/off-season improving his motor and fundamentals. At 7' with size he could be incredibly physical down low.

I bet a year or two with Sal and he's 250lbs. Such a great frame and touch. Just needs to learn some spacing and defensive nuances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom