Looking good for Javonte | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Looking good for Javonte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not low on Springs. I like him but Javonte is just a better prospect than Richie and Josh. NBA frame and length and just a lot more upside, IMO. I'm not as high on Josh as most of the board.

You said Javonte probably won't play next year with us having Josh and Richie, I strongly disagree with this.
So where does his playing time come from? Springs moving to PF? Carlton taking a significant dip in playing time in his senior season? I agree Carlton isn't as good as some people think, but he's definitely going to be better than freshman Ferguson.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This what a healthy program does, keeps bringing in good guys and coaching them up. Develop competition on the squad, earn your PT and if you produce when called you get more time. A big guy coming in here with the right attitude has a great chance for PT, if he realizes that the more boards he grabs the more he's going to play.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So where does his playing time come from? Springs moving to PF? Carlton taking a significant dip in playing time in his senior season? I agree Carlton isn't as good as some people think, but he's definitely going to be better than freshman Ferguson.

Springs is more of a PF anyway.

Reaction Score
There's plenty of playing time, just like Richie would be getting time if he was eligible this year. We used to have teams with like 5 bigs with NBA type talent.

Reaction Score
Big men in Hurley's ideal system are not playing 30 minutes a game. How do you expect us to effectively play Akok, Bouknight, and Andre Jackson without rotating fresh legs at the 5? Carlton played 22 last game and was lumbering around late in the second half. What are we even TALKING ABOUT here?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I think the right terminology is that he could use a redshirt. But since he's reclassifying, no chance he'll do that. We don't have enough in the pipeline to sacrifice that year of experience anyway

Isn't this what Richie Springs did? Or different because his redshirt was forced due to academics?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Isn't this what Richie Springs did? Or different because his redshirt was forced due to academics?

Yeah, this red shirt wasn't planned. Hand for forced.

Reaction Score
Here's a gem from the Javonte thread on the Texas A&M board:

"understand the proximity thing but still would be upset to lose a recruit to Uconn. conference realignment has pretty much made them an afterthought."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom