LOL | Page 5 | The Boneyard

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Are they gonna burn the Burton Family and Shenkman Football Complex to the ground too? What does your crystal ball say?

We could play this game all day, but if there was ever a time for pessimism about our future, it's probably when we've reached a point where we're giving away free tickets en masse and have no apparent future schedule.

Call me crazy, but it's not exactly the ideal combo platter.

Reaction Score
We could play this game all day, but if there was ever a time for pessimism about our future, it's probably when we've reached a point where we're giving away free tickets en masse and have no apparent future schedule.

I just hope the free ticket people show up tommorow. A "they gave away tickets for free and the place is still empty" is a painful narrative.

Reaction Score
Former season ticket holder who bailed this year due to inferior product. Wasn't going until I saw the promo now there are 5 of us. Win the fans back by winning, tomorrow a decent showing would help the process, will see.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I just hope the free ticket people show up tommorow. A "they gave away tickets for free and the place is still empty" is a painful narrative.
Remind who gets the parking and concession monies from all the extra fans @ the Rent tomorrow???

Reaction Score
Remind who gets the parking and concession monies from all the extra fans @ the Rent tomorrow???
Not sure but I know its probably not UConn right?

Reaction Score
Go ahead and call the AD office and have a conversation about this like I just did. Your head will hurt even more.
Curious what they said. I had a conversation a few years back that led me to not renewing because as has been stated, it was clear they didn't value loyalty .

Reaction Score
I got to Kyle in the ticket office...' Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. Send me an email and our team will review next week in our weekly meeting.'

There are no answers from UConn.

I was nice and told him it must suck to have a job working for these people.
Same guy i talked to. Kravchuck or something.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Not sure but I know its probably not UConn right?
I am not sure of the details but if half my memory is correct they could do much better.

Reaction Score

No argument there, what worries me more is no scheduling announcements yet.

Reaction Score
I work at Travelers. The promo code for Travelers has been Travelers for years. They let us know when it’s active, tickets aren’t usually free, and you never have to prove you work there to use it. I understand why people who bought tickets and season tickets are mad but obviously having a decent crowd will not be a bad thing tomorrow if we can get one.

Reaction Score
They snuffed the program out when they moved to the Big EAst. The only open question is when they will admit it. Combine this with the other thread that folks here are surprised there aren't more scheduling announcements since the move.
They snuffed the program out like 5-6 years ago...

Reaction Score
i was a season ticket holder from 1998-2018.

anyone who sends these losers money to burn while they kill the program is an idiot.
Just sayin...Tying this post together with comments you’ve made in the past, i.e this program has been abysmal (dumpster fire) for years, what does that make you for buying season tickets up until last year?

Serious question

Reaction Score
Worst part is you and all the other unbearable whiners in here won't actually be there for the turn around, if or when it actually happens. You will say you were because after reading a couple of positive scores and hearing about a couple of big wins, you will jump back on board and pretend you never gave up on the team. Pretending like you didn't trash their every move and all of the players on the team incessantly when they were down. Because a dead horse needs to be beat. Even when it is still grasping for air and their are signs of life, you'll feel the need to kick it again because your sorry pessimistic attitudes consume you. Find a way to enjoy the team for their effort and some of the positives. Otherwise keep it down.
Optimists and pessimists share the same blood man- conviction.

Reaction Score
ok let’s pretend they aren’t killing the football program....

shouldn’t every person in the athletic department be relieved of their duties immediately?

honestly if you cant see where this is going there isnt any way to help you.
What you and a lot of others don't see is it will hurt men's and women's basketball also, as well as ALL the other NCAA sports the school has. A P5 athletic department lifts all boats for it's various programs. If you want a return to the mid and late 80's for UConn basketball, well that's what you're going to get. Do you think that Geno winning four years (2000, 2002, 2003, 2004), Calhoun winning in (1999, 2004)(2003 Big East champs), and UConn football upgrading to FBS in 2002 (6-6), 2003 (9-3), and 2004 (8-4), was all just a coincidence??????? If there was talk back then of UConn spending too much on its athletic dept and everyone and his brother 2nd guessing the move up to FBS, do you think recruits like Orlovsky, Sean Mulcahey, and company would have come here?

Bottom line is if football dies, UConn basketball in the NBE becomes Vermont's southern cousin. So keep on cheering the death of UConn football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What you and a lot of others don't see is it will hurt men's and women's basketball also, as well as ALL the other NCAA sports the school has. A P5 athletic department lifts all boats for it's various programs. If you want a return to the mid and late 80's for UConn basketball, well that's what you're going to get. Do think that Geno winning four years (2000, 2002, 2003, 2004), Calhoun winning in (1999, 2004)(2003 Big East champs), and UConn football upgrading to FBS in 2002 (6-6), 2003 (9-3), and 2004 (8-4), was all just a coincidence???????

Bottom line is if football dies, basketball in the NBE becomes Vermont's southern cousin. So keep on cheering the death of UConn football.
You think the basketball programs have been winning championships because of the football program? This board never ceases to amaze with it's stupidity.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What you and a lot of others don't see is it will hurt men's and women's basketball also, as well as ALL the other NCAA sports the school has. A P5 athletic department lifts all boats for it's various programs. If you want a return to the mid and late 80's for UConn basketball, well that's what you're going to get. Do think that Geno winning four years (2000, 2002, 2003, 2004), Calhoun winning in (1999, 2004)(2003 Big East champs), and UConn football upgrading to FBS in 2002 (6-6), 2003 (9-3), and 2004 (8-4), was all just a coincidence???????

Bottom line is if football dies, basketball in the NBE becomes Vermont's southern cousin. So keep on cheering the death of UConn football.

None of this makes any sense.

Reaction Score
You think the basketball programs have been winning championships because of the football program? This board never ceases to amaze with it's stupidity.
Yes, absolutely. If you kill football now the UConn basketball men will never win another NC, ever. Hurley will be hard pressed to get the recruits needed on a National level. Uconn's AD becomes no different than UMass, Vermont, New Hampshire, URI, and men's basketball returns to the Dom Perno years for good. If you want stupidity go look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, absolutely. If you kill football now the UConn basketball men will never win another NC, ever. Hurley will be hard pressed to get the recruits needed on a National level. If you want stupidity go look in the mirror.
You sound like a child throwing a tantrum. None of what you're saying makes any sense, I'll chalk it up to you being emotional and not a total idiot.

Reaction Score
You people are talking about NCs lol. How about having a winning record or being in the top half of a conference? How about having players improve while being here? How about making the NIT? LOL

Reaction Score
You sound like a child throwing a tantrum. None of what you're saying makes any sense, I'll chalk it up to you being emotional and not a total idiot.
Ok fine, whatever. Go back to your basketball board and continue talking up top recruits who have no intention of ever coming here. Jerk

Reaction Score
I like it. All tickets should be free/refunded until the football team shows a pulse. Kind of like that Orlando bar giving free beer until UCF won a game during their winless 2015 season.

Reaction Score
Serious question
The old question "if a tree falls in the woods is there any sound if no one is there to hear it"?

Begs another one....."if BYU drops football, are they ever heard from again"? :eek:

Reaction Score
Wow. It’s so ironic how Uconn “fans” perpetuate the demise of Uconn athletics and seem to enjoy it. The program(s) succeed or fail based on fan/alumni support. As someone who falls in this category and always supports the program I am disgusted by the continual joy of those who want us to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom