LOL | Page 4 | The Boneyard

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
gotta love the true believer.

I mean I'm probably more of an optimist sure. But rock bottom, rock rock bottom, who cares. Eventually we are going to get a coaching staff and a team full of guys headed in the right direction. OR we will abandon the program or drop down. But either way, it can't seriously be that fun to be a cry baby can it? Like for real. We have sucked overall lately, I get it. I can be critical. I can breakdown where we have sucked. Where it gets insufferable, is over generalizing every facet of the program as the worst in the history of football. When positives aren't noticeable because the results aren't there. I mean really the debbie downer bitchfest is more unbearable than our team's football play at this point.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
First time since 1999 I don’t have season tickets - went w/ the flex pack this year. I still go but it just stopped making sense.

My season ticket streak ended at 22 years in 2017. Sadly, haven't been to a game since. Now my donations go to the UConn Foundation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You can’t give 8 free tickets to every employee at Travelers and pretend it’s rewarding a corporate partner. It’s just printing tickets and dropping them from a helicopter.
E-tickets so they don't need to print them or use the a helicopter.

I get why people are pissed, but getting butts in the seats is critical for us.

Again, how you make it up to Season ticket holders, pretty much all of whom know that they could get have gotten seats on game day for next to nothing, is the key.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You can’t give 8 free tickets to every employee at Travelers and pretend it’s rewarding a corporate partner. It’s just printing tickets and dropping them from a helicopter.

AD: Hey travelers - can we have a list of some info which we can use for coupon codes? maybe email addresses or logins? We would like to send a gift, but want some random identifying info, so we can identify legitimate employees
Travelers: Sure, here's a bunch of data which doesn't identify anyone by name, but is unique enough.
AD: Thanks. We'll use that to generate coupon codes per-person.

This isn't that hard, especially when you are already working with them.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't see this as a problem is clueless.

This is not how you run a ticket office.

Reaction Score
Yep - because you’re part of the fanbase that accepts Suzie Lax and Diaco and Benedict and Edsall.

You stood by and watched them burn it to the ground and now that they are doing the last rites you don’t the dark humor some of us have seen for a decade.

Whaler, you have no idea who I am or how I feel about the program. To do that you would have to have some self awareness and stop pontificating for a moment.

As for having “stood by”, I highly suspect that the only difference between what you and I have done is your prolific posting on this board as you approach a bizarre 50k in posts.

Carry on........

Reaction Score
I see your point, but I'd much rather have a full(er) stadium than continue to play in an empty one. They just need to make things right for the STHs. How they do that, I don't know.
Maybe they could give Season ticket holders food or merchandise vouchers to ease the pain.

CL82

Reaction Score
Maybe they could give Season ticket holders food or merchandise vouchers to ease the pain.
Yep, but still need something personal and unique to make people feel more like they are an important part of the process and less like an idiot who paid for something everyone else is getting for free.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Lol, one of us gets pretty emo about BY posts and the other of us is me. I'll never get why this stuff matters to you so much and so personally. I mean you are a successful guy right? Have a good marriage right? Life's been pretty good to you, so why where's all the anger coming from?

Anywho, UConn has characterized this as a corporate freebie:
View attachment 46167

Granted, anyone who has the code can take advantage of it but that is still how it is being portrayed. In my humble non-financial genius status, it is a no brainer to give away excess capacity. It introduces new prospective consumers to the product and creates the illusion of demand. As I noted above, it created a customer management issue with Season ticket holders that needs to be addressed. I agree 100% with @Bonehead that you make the same offer to STHs, but that's a start, UConn would need to do more than that.

@WingU-Conn
If UConn wants to introduce the product to new customers, I would assume we will see these offers all season long then. No reason to limit it to the Big Ten game.

They should give me my money back for these 8 tickets. They made them worth $0.00001.

I didnt renew FB tickets to give a donation to the university, or pay the Ollie and AAC buyout.

CL82

Reaction Score
If UConn wants to introduce the product to new customers, I would assume we will see these offers all season long then. No reason to limit it to the Big Ten game.

They should give me my money back for these 8 tickets. They made them worth $0.00001.

I didnt renew FB tickets to give a donation to the university, or pay the Ollie and AAC buyout.
Probably should. They won't though.

What they could do is offer you more free tickets, food etc. during the season. But they should start having Season ticket holders only events, speakers, face time with Randy, etc. Next year give Season ticket holders from prior year tickets at 50 cents on the dollar. Will that make you whole, economically? Of course not but at least you'd feel like the give a crap about you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, you have no idea who I am or how I feel about the program. To do that you would have to have some self awareness and stop pontificating for a moment.

As for having “stood by”, I highly suspect that the only difference between what you and I have done is your prolific posting on this board as you approach a bizarre 50k in posts.

Carry on...

you feel differently about the program than the opinions you post? then sure i probably cant wrap my head around your actual opinions.

i always enjoy the attempted insult about post counts. real zingers.

quite simply we have the program this fanbase deserves

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
First time since 1999 I don’t have season tickets - went w/ the flex pack this year. I still go but it just stopped making sense.
First time without season tickets since Rent opened. Now I know not to bother since I can get better tix for free.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
First time without season tickets since Rent opened. Now I know not to bother since I can get better tix for free.
If you are going please let me know!!

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Might as well give free tickets now for next years home games, while interest is high...oh that's right, there arent many scheduled games yet for next year.

Will there be free tickets when we are FCS??

Reaction Score
The financials for the move to the NBE look a whole lot better if there is no football. Contrary to popular BY belief, the UConn administration has always had a plan for football. The plan was to kill it as expeditiously as possible with as little trauma as possible. Independence is not a viable path forward. The administration knows this. It's gently (or perhaps ham-fistedly) encouraging the fan base to catch up.

Reaction Score
you feel differently about the program than the opinions you post? then sure i probably cant wrap my head around your actual opinions.

i always enjoy the attempted insult about post counts. real zingers.

quite simply we have the program this fanbase deserves

I post as a fan with some hope and optimism Whaler. I know what’s going on. I just don’t feel the need to belabor the obvious 50,000 times.

If you think you’re crusading then god bless you.

Reaction Score
Funny thing I was told Uconn was giving out free tickets this afternoon by text. So I wanted to get a few extra for family that I thought might want to go. We already have 9 ST in our group.
No mention that it was a corporate only promo until I read this thread after I got the tickets.
Funny thing is when I went to print them it gave me tickets in two different sections. One section I didn't request.
But anyway there are people going tomorrow that weren't even thinking of going.
So that is a good thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I post as a fan with some hope and optimism Whaler. I know what’s going on. I just don’t feel the need to belabor the obvious 50,000 times.

If you think you’re crusading then god bless you.

great point social media and the internet dont have any influence.

obviously i dont because this is essentially the dumbest corner of the internet still - but i think your premise is solid.

Reaction Score
The financials for the move to the NBE look a whole lot better if there is no football. Contrary to popular BY belief, the UConn administration has always had a plan for football. The plan was to kill it as expeditiously as possible with as little trauma as possible. Independence is not a viable path forward. The administration knows this. It's gently (or perhaps ham-fistedly) encouraging the fan base to catch up.
Hammer meet nail.

At this point buying season tickets is throwing good money after bad. The university gave up on big time college athletics so why bother paying big time college athletics prices and seat donations.

Reaction Score
Yep - because you’re part of the fanbase that accepts Suzie Lax and Diaco and Benedict and Edsall.

You stood by and watched them burn it to the ground and now that they are doing the last rites you don’t the dark humor some of us have seen for a decade.
Are they gonna burn the Burton Family and Shenkman Football Complex to the ground too? What does your crystal ball say?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
wow. All so we can finish 6th in an also ran CYO hoop league.
Sickening.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Are they gonna burn the Burton Family and Shenkman Football Complex to the ground too? What does your crystal ball say?

ok let’s pretend they aren’t killing the football program....

shouldn’t every person in the athletic department be relieved of their duties immediately?

honestly if you cant see where this is going there isnt any way to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom