LOL | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What was the company line BS they tried to feed you?
I got to Kyle in the ticket office...' Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. Send me an email and our team will review next week in our weekly meeting.'

There are no answers from UConn.

I was nice and told him it must suck to have a job working for these people.

Reaction Score
I got to Kyle in the ticket office...' Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. Send me an email and our team will review next week in our weekly meeting.'

LOL I wish I could triple-like your post @Bonehead

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

The fact that they made this decision, without even considering (or worse caring) that people would be calling in and complaining is equally concerning.

Reaction Score

The fact that they made this decision, without even considering (or worse caring) that people would be calling in and complaining is equally concerning.

“... send me an email” LOL

It’s all @whaler11 ’s fault. It was suppose to be a secret.

Wait... the fun this weekend is not over yet.

Reaction Score
This is WHY I don’t buy season tickets anymore....last week I sat first row on the 30 for $17 (for 2) and this week I got 4 for FREE. So far my season ticket average seat price is $2.83!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The personal irony of this is that I used to buy the 3-packs for years because it was hard for me to buy the full season tickets with donations. I would come on the Boneyard and feel pretty bad that I wasn't a season ticket holder like most. Kinda like I was only a "casual fan" [Chief trademarked].

About 3 years ago, I got a modest raise and the stretch to get season tickets wasn't as tough so I made the leap. The outcome? I feel worse... :(:confused:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The personal irony of this is that I used to buy the 3-packs for years because it was hard for me to buy the full season tickets with donations. I would come on the Boneyard and feel pretty bad that I wasn't a season ticket holder like most. Kinda like I was only a "casual fan" [Chief trademarked].

About 3 years ago, I got a modest raise and the stretch to get season tickets wasn't as tough so I made the leap. The outcome? I feel worse... :(:confused:

When UConn does something so dumb and thoughtless that it pisses off our very own @UConnDan97 , you almost just have to tip your cap at the level of incompetence.

15-0 Dan is now bummed out.

Thanks AD Dave.

Reaction Score

First time since 1999 I don’t have season tickets - went w/ the flex pack this year. I still go but it just stopped making sense.

Reaction Score
I remember when the motivation to buy season tickets was that I wouldn't have to worry about paying more than face value in case a game sold out, and I always knew where my seat would be.

Now we are motivated to refrain from buying season tickets because: they routinely give freebies away, tickets in the lot are usually available for less than face value, and you can sit just about anywhere you want.

Reaction Score
I remember when the motivation to buy season tickets was that I wouldn't have to worry about paying more than face value in case a game sold out, and I always knew where my seat would be.

Now we are motivated to refrain from buying season tickets because: they routinely give freebies away, tickets in the lot are usually available for less than face value, and you can sit just about anywhere you want.
you know it's bad when the diehards here can only come up with "it's a donation" as the reason to buy season tickets.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
This is WHY I don’t buy season tickets anymore....last week I sat first row on the 30 for $17 (for 2) and this week I got 4 for FREE. So far my season ticket average seat price is $2.83!

Joke’s on you. AD can take your $$, buy a movie at Goodwill, and still have .83 left over.

Reaction Score
Sneaky bad part of this is now you're exposing more folks to dreadful football increasing the likelihood they wont ever want to step foot in the place ever again. It's time to treat the football program like Chernobyl. Cut the phone lines and squash any spread of information. If you're going to kill it why not keep the stink from engulfing the poor innocent folk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
lol you dont even get what this is.

id suggest you should stop embarrassing yourself but clearly based on your posts that isn’t an emotion you can feel.
Lol, one of us gets pretty emo about BY posts and the other of us is me. I'll never get why this stuff matters to you so much and so personally. I mean you are a successful guy right? Have a good marriage right? Life's been pretty good to you, so why where's all the anger coming from?

Anywho, UConn has characterized this as a corporate freebie:

Granted, anyone who has the code can take advantage of it but that is still how it is being portrayed. In my humble non-financial genius status, it is a no brainer to give away excess capacity. It introduces new prospective consumers to the product and creates the illusion of demand. As I noted above, it created a customer management issue with Season ticket holders that needs to be addressed. I agree 100% with @Bonehead that you make the same offer to STHs, but that's a start, UConn would need to do more than that.

@WingU-Conn

Reaction Score
Sneaky bad part of this is now you're exposing more folks to dreadful football increasing the likelihood they wont ever want to step foot in the place ever again. It's time to treat the football program like Chernobyl. Cut the phone lines and squash any spread of information. If you're going to kill it why not keep the stink from engulfing the poor innocent folk.

Worst part is you and all the other unbearable whiners in here won't actually be there for the turn around, if or when it actually happens. You will say you were because after reading a couple of positive scores and hearing about a couple of big wins, you will jump back on board and pretend you never gave up on the team. Pretending like you didn't trash their every move and all of the players on the team incessantly when they were down. Because a dead horse needs to be beat. Even when it is still grasping for air and their are signs of life, you'll feel the need to kick it again because your sorry pessimistic attitudes consume you. Find a way to enjoy the team for their effort and some of the positives. Otherwise keep it down.

Reaction Score
Worst part is you and all the other unbearable whiners in here won't actually be there for the turn around, if or when it actually happens. You will say you were because after reading a couple of positive scores and hearing about a couple of big wins, you will jump back on board and pretend you never gave up on the team. Pretending like you didn't trash their every move and all of the players on the team incessantly when they were down. Because a dead horse needs to be beat. Even when it is still grasping for air and their are signs of life, you'll feel the need to kick it again because your sorry pessimistic attitudes consume you. Find a way to enjoy the team for their effort and some of the positives. Otherwise keep it down.
Thank you for your service

Reaction Score
gotta love the true believer.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Lol, one of us gets pretty emo about BY posts and the other of us is me. I'll never get why this stuff matters to you so much and so personally. I mean you are a successful guy right? Have a good marriage right? Life's been pretty good to you, so why where's all the anger coming from?

Anywho, UConn has characterized this as a corporate freebie:
View attachment 46167

Granted, anyone who has the code can take advantage of it but that is still how it is being portrayed. In my humble non-financial genius status, it is a no brainer to give away excess capacity. It introduces new prospective consumers to the product and creates the illusion of demand. As I noted above, it created a customer management issue with Season ticket holders that needs to be addressed. I agree 100% with @Bonehead that you make the same offer to STHs, but that's a start, UConn would need to do more than that.

@WingU-Conn

1) It's perfectly ok to give away excess capacity to corporate partners
2) It's beyond moronic to do it in a way that non-corporate partners can use it

We hire people to handle tickets - they should be sued or docked for every non-partner who used this code. Insanity.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

We hire people to handle tickets - they should be sued or docked for every non-partner who used this code. Insanity.

Coincidentally InsanityAACP6 is another code that gets you four free tickets and a parking pass.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You can’t give 8 free tickets to every employee at Travelers and pretend it’s rewarding a corporate partner. It’s just printing tickets and dropping them from a helicopter.

Reaction Score
I could see them doing this the last couple games of the season. But not your marquee out of conference early in the season game with good weather predicted.
ST get taken again.
But it's our fault we keep renewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member