LOL | Page 8 | The Boneyard

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’ll be at the rent. If anyone wants to argue that the big east isn’t a good basketball conference I’ll dm my seat location.
It’s a fine basketball conference with no future other than as a fine basketball conference. See ya at the game. Let’s get a win.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Will they start dropping blue parking passes from helicopters any time soon? Those seem more of a commodity than tix. Maybe LAZ has one.

Reaction Score
You should go back to claiming the moral superiority of basketball players. At least that makes more sense relatively speaking. I hope you're rooting for Uconn today but somehow I doubt it.
You really want to link up with Butchie on this? What is this moral superiority of basketball players you loons are talking about?

I already asked Butch for an explanation and he balked, let's see if you'll do the same...

Reaction Score
You really want to link up with Butchie on this? What is this moral superiority of basketball players you loons are talking about?

I already asked Butch for an explanation and he balked, let's see if you'll do the same...
In before Butch uses Weslelyn football history to cover up his extremely dumb posts about the Big East

Reaction Score
If you must misquote me to make a point, please acknowledge that. Ok Jerk?

Seton Hall....Big East Champs 1991, 1992, 1993. NCAA tournament appearances....1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
National Championship Final 1989

St John's..... Conference Champs 1980, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1992
NCAA tournament appearances...1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
Final Four.1985

Providence.. Final Four 1987, Conference Champs 1994

Was Lou Carnasecca a great coach..yes
Was Dave Gavitt a great coach.....yes
Was PJ Carlisemo a great coach..yes

....but they all had only average or maybe ok basketball programs. I love your logic.
there’a a difference between paraphrasing and quoting.

There’s a difference between having a great run, and being a great program.

Yes, they were good programs for a decade. They couldn’t sustain that in the last days of the big east.

But even now, they are better than ECU, Tulane, and the dregs of the AAC.

The big east isn’t what it was. It is far better than the AAC. That’s obvious to everyone but a few clowns.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It's all opinion, but I can't put the NBE over the ACC, SEC, and B1G.
true, it's all opinion, but i'm totally not a fan of the most overhyped hoops league in, idk, fah'eva? every year the airwaves and experts tell me that the big 10 is some kind of juggernaut, where the final four will be some kind of 'big 10 invitational' and all the other leagues are just a squirrel lookin for a nut. in the last 20 years, they have a grand total of 1 'chip. michigan state 2000 (and don't even bring that maryland 2002 in, cuz then you'll have to bring in the syracuse one, and that would be disingenuous). the 'new'nbe teams have 6 'chips. in the last 20 years. that ain't chopped liver. the acc and sec win it regularly, the big ten does not. winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. #dosomethingbesidestalkalready.

Reaction Score
true, it's all opinion, but i'm totally not a fan of the most overhyped hoops league in, idk, fah'eva? every year the airwaves and experts tell me that the big 10 is some kind of juggernaut, where the final four will be some kind of 'big 10 invitational' and all the other leagues are just a squirrel lookin for a nut. in the last 20 years, they have a grand total of 1 'chip. michigan state 2000 (and don't even bring that maryland 2002 in, cuz then you'll have to bring in the syracuse one, and that would be disingenuous). the 'new'nbe teams have 6 'chips. in the last 20 years. that ain't chopped liver. the acc and sec win it regularly, the big ten does not. winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. #dosomethingbesidestalkalready.

That's why it's opinion, and depends on your definition of "best". If it's only NC's, then your logic is sound. If it's NCAA tournament wins per bid, then it's not. I believe the B1G is a tougher league 1-5 and 1-10, then the top 1-5 and 1-10 in the NBE.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
anyway let me share an additional forward looking lol - the fan police will be upset by this one too.

Reaction Score
So you think the big east is better or worse than the AAC? In terms of basketball?
I would say Villanova and Memphis are roughly equivalent right now, and beyond that I would say the two leagues are roughly even. The AAC is not that great, and the NBE is overrated in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Part of being a good league is having people in the stands and brand recognition. Memphis, Cincy, Houston and Temple have some. Everyone else has none. In the northeast, where we play and recruit, all the Big East schools, even Butler and DePaul are known names. DePaul is probably the only matchup that doesn’t excite our crowd much. These are schools real basketball fans are happy to see.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall, this year, would smoke Houston or UCF last year. Absolutely smoke. Seton Hall is a borderline top 10 team. Obviously you haven't been paying attention.
How is Seton Hall, going 9-9 in the conference last year, a top 10 team this year?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
How is Seton Hall, going 9-9 in the conference last year, a top 10 team this year?

Because they are. Look at preseason previews. They're expected to be a Top 10-15 team.

Its college, players improve. I know UConn football doesn't do that, but most programs have that expectation of improvement and development.

Reaction Score
I would say Villanova and Memphis are roughly equivalent right now, and beyond that I would say the two leagues are roughly even. The AAC is not that great, and the NBE is overrated in my opinion.
So a school that had won 2 of the last 4 national championships and a school that hasn't made the NCAA tournament since 2014 are roughly equivalent right now? Lol. Please. Stop.

Reaction Score
there’a a difference between paraphrasing and quoting.

There’s a difference between having a great run, and being a great program.

Yes, they were good programs for a decade. They couldn’t sustain that in the last days of the big east.

But even now, they are better than ECU, Tulane, and the dregs of the AAC.

The big east isn’t what it was. It is far better than the AAC. That’s obvious to everyone but a few clowns.

When you quote someone you put exactly what the individual said "between the quote marks". You do not alter what they said, which is exactly what you did, in order to help out your weak stupid argument.

Reaction Score
Rob, let us know when you're back on earth. Thanks.
Only ones in fantasy land are you and the other cheerleaders. 40 non conference losses last year speaks volumes on how overated the NBE is.

Reaction Score
Only ones in fantasy land are you and the other cheerleaders. 40 non conference losses last year speaks volumes on how overated the NBE is.
NBE had its worst season since it started and still got the same amount of bids the AAC had. And this was probably one of the better years for the AAC.

Reaction Score
So a school that had won 2 of the last 4 national championships and a school that hasn't made the NCAA tournament since 2014 are roughly equivalent right now? Lol. Please. Stop.
Yes they are. Villanova had a big drop off from the 2018 NC, they were not that great this past year. Wright needs to reload, and I don't see him doing that yet. Meanwhile Penny Hardaway has been a recruiting machine. Lester Quinones, Wiseman, Precious, and 4 other top recruits is a pretty good incoming class if you ask me, and that's just 2019.

Reaction Score
Yes they are. Villanova had a big drop off from the 2018 NC, they were not that great this past year. Wright needs to reload, and I don't see him doing that yet. Meanwhile Penny Hardaway has been a recruiting machine. Lester Quinones, Wiseman, Precious, and 4 other top recruits is a pretty good incoming class if you ask me, and that's just 2019.
I guess that Top 5 class Wright brought in for this year wasn't enough for you.

You are beyond delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak