LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 9 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thank God the balls were deflated or 45-7 could have been much worse.

Reaction Score
Some of you probably don't believe in evolution.

Here are some pages from the Wells report that are interesting:

Page 198-99 of the report (page 39 Table 10 of the Exponent report). The expected drop in pressure from 70 degrees to 48 is 1.13 for a ball filled to 12.5.

On page 7 of their report, Table 4, the average measured drops at halftime between the two testing officials was 1.39 and 1.01.

Funny stuff, the science was dismissed when their own science lab (which once "proved" cancer is not related to smoking) shows balls would drop to that range.
Wait this is a HUGE find! How is this not being discussed more?

Reaction Score
When you can identify what Papi tested positive for, Sox fans will admit Papi used PEDs. So please let me know. I'll wait.

Now, if there were texts from some GNC employees talking about sending roids to Ortiz, you might have something.

2003 report - haven't seen it but heard it enough.

And if that ain't enough check his stats in Minny before he met Manny. That's enough!;)

Reaction Score
It just goes both ways. I mean, the Seattle receiver kept his concentration too and made a great play with the bobble. Malcolm Butler made an unbelievable play too. They all made unbelievable plays. Pete Carroll was 99% certain that would work, was not expecting Butler to make that incredible play. If you recall Belichick was miked on the sidelines saying that Manningham would have to beat them on the outside, no one else. Same thing. Belichick is putting a 1% probability on that happening. And for Manning to even throw that duck to Tyree, a few things have to happen. Asante Samuel has to drop a sure INT on the previous play, and Manning has to somehow get out of the scrum.

Little plays, luck, astounding concetration, etc. This is how you win. It's how you lose.

It also helps when you get outstanding pressure on the HOF QB and see how normal he is in that situation!;)

Reaction Score
By my count you brought up A-Rod 6 times in word and/or pictures. Of course you didn't bring up Manny or Ortiz, Sox fans never do when they bash A-Rod's PED use. That IS the bias. (Also the hypocrisy of Boston going after A-Rod for more money, then holding him up as a symbol of Yankee largesse.

Yes you did bring up that both sets of fans are the same while you went after A-Rod. But it is not true. Yankee fans can be obnoxious, but we never feel like victims. On the whole, while Yankee fans have a strong desire to beat the Sox, we are not obsessed with the Sox the way Sox fans are with the Yankees. And unlike CL82, there are no NY fans I know of that think all our teams are in the GOAT discussion.
The Arod posts were in response to someone mentioning that no Yankee fans like him even though that had nothing to do with the discussion and was easily proved false. Yet Again you're going off of the rails. I originally stated NY fans and Boston fans are the same in that they both think their city and it's teams can do know wrong. In fact with the exception of Cleveland and for a while Seattle you would be hard pressed to find a city that doesn't take so much pride in their teams that they are often blinded from reality. You're argument is invalid because i'm assuming that you're a full on NY fan and are only seeing this from your side. Many Boston only fan's would be saying the same thing you are about NY and that is my point. It's like a never ending "you suck" fight back and forth and with the inclusion of Arod, Ortiz and Manny that you and the other NYer made it's further proof.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

He's on not on trial for murder. In most cases, there is a preponderance of the evidence standard. And many cases turn on circumstantial evidence. Here, we actually have documentary evidence. The documents speak for themselves. I suppose a Patriots fan can read those texts one way. Everybody without a vested interest -- I'm a Giants fan but have no axe to grind whatsoever with Brady, Belichick or the Patriots -- reads those and can quite reasonably conclude that "The Deflator" is talking about deflating footballs, for use on gameday, at the request of Tom Brady.

Reaction Score
It also helps when you get outstanding pressure on the HOF QB and see how normal he is in that situation!;)

Well, Seahawks had killed him, still did 37 out 50 and 4 TDs. maybe you mean the INTs? Yep, pressured on one of them. Or against the Giants? Remember, he completed 21 passes in a row.

Reaction Score
Wait this is a HUGE find! How is this not being discussed more?

The science in the Wells report even discredits the Wells report. Funny stuff. The balls were within the parameters of the science. Actually, they expected the balls to be more deflated than they were.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
2003 report - haven't seen it but heard it enough.

And if that ain't enough check his stats in Minny before he met Manny. That's enough!;)

See, this is exactly what I mean. People are throwing out a very serious accusation without having any basis for it.

Here's what happened. The Mitchell Report came out. Ortiz's name was not in it. Subsequently, the New York Times published an article that reported that some unnamed lawyer had said that Ortiz's name was on a list of players who tested positive for something (such as an over-the-counter product). Ortiz has said someone told him the same thing. Only he's never been told what he supposedly tested positive for. Nobody has ever identified whatever substance he allegedly tested positive for in the 12 years since that test was done. I think we can all agree there is a huge difference between someone taking steroids or HGH versus someone ingesting something relatively innocuous 12 years ago. (Nowadays, players are quite vigilant about taking stuff from GNC, as some of it will cause them to fail a test. But we are talking about a dozen years ago.)

That allegation by an unnamed lawyer, and the fact that his career took off when he joined the Red Sox, is the entire basis of the claim that Ortiz used PEDs.

Meanwhile, he's been tested hundreds of times in the last 12 years. All negative. And his numbers have been strong throughout, except when he had a wrist injury.

Like I said to Deep, when someone can identify the specific substance that Ortiz allegedly tested positive for, I'll admit he's a doper. Because as of now, there's zero evidence of it. I don't count a New York Times article as evidence.

Clemens used HGH. We know that. There's evidence. A-Rod and Bonds, too. There are witnesses and documents. Here, nothing. Zilch.

Reaction Score
Shocking that the Mitchell Report didn't have a Red Sox player's name in it. George Mitchell was on the Board of Directors for the Red Sox, and the only witnesses he could make testify were two New York-area drug dealers. The Mitchell Report was the biggest sham I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable denial. I know it's not the Giants fan in you nomar so I will forgive you. But please he's a cheater always has been always will be. And by the way 2004 was full of them on your roster but I guess we'll never know huh?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Shocking that the Mitchell Report didn't have a Red Sox player's name in it. George Mitchell was on the Board of Directors for the Red Sox, and the only witnesses he could make testify were two New York-area drug dealers. The Mitchell Report was the biggest sham I've ever seen.

Haha. This is funny. Really. You're talking about the guy chosen to negotiate peace deals involving Northern Ireland and the Middle East.

There were Sox players' names in the report, by the way.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Unbelievable denial. I know it's not the Giants fan in you nomar so I will forgive you. But please he's a cheater always has been always will be. And by the way 2004 was full of them on your roster but I guess we'll never know huh?

If this was a debate (or a trial) before any judge or jury, I would have soundly beaten you. You don't even have a rebuttal. What drug did he test positive for again?

I don't think anybody wants to get into how many PED users were on various title teams.

Reaction Score
Haha. This is funny. Really. You're talking about the guy chosen to negotiate peace deals involving Northern Ireland and the Middle East.

There were Sox players' names in the report, by the way.

At the time the report was commissioned, he was on the payroll of the Red Sox. That's a fact. The only two people whose testimony went in the report were Radomski and McNamee, both of whom were New York-based dealers. Radomski worked for the Mets, and McNamee for the Yankees. He omitted all of Larry Starr's testimony from the final report. These are also facts. If that sounds fine to you, then you're probably a Red Sox fan.

Reaction Score
Mo Vaughn

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
At the time the report was commissioned, he was on the payroll of the Red Sox. That's a fact. The only two people whose testimony went in the report were Radomski and McNamee, both of whom were New York-based dealers. Radomski worked for the Mets, and McNamee for the Yankees. He omitted all of Larry Starr's testimony from the final report. These are also facts. If that sounds fine to you, then you're probably a Red Sox fan.

And what would Starr have said?

I'm not saying Mitchell did a perfect job. It was an impossible job to cover everything and he was also accused of being too tight with MLB owners. But he nailed guilty people. Your complaint is that he should have also nailed well-known Red Sox players, I guess.

In the legal world, lawyers and judges are always supposed to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Selig shouldn't have asked Mitchell, and Mitchell shouldn't have said yes.

I keep going back to proof, in talking with you and Mau. It's not my fault that there's no proof against Ortiz and that there is proof against Clemens. I guess you think that's due to a Selig-Mitchell conspiracy?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bigger than even the Wells Report? Good Grief.

Incidentally, I will tie this situation with baseball for the first time in 8 pages. What deflate----(I won't do it) ultimately comes down to is an equipment violation.

In hockey, using an over-curved stick is removal of the stick and a 2 minute minor penalty for the offending player. In Baseball, the penalty for being caught with a corked bat (since 1970) has been anywhere between 7 games and 10 days and potential fine. Even if a MLB team plays a game on each day of the suspension, 10 games is 1/16 of the season. Precedent dictates that punishment should amount to anything from a 15 yard penalty (Yeah, sure) to 1 game suspension. Brady will appeal and knock it down to 30 minutes of game time at the Patriots discretion (I.E. Brady won't be able to play defense or special teams).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Vaughn left the Red Sox nearly a decade before the report came out. There were no active Red Sox players listed. There were several active Yankee players.

There were a dozen or so Sox players named. Two were current, including Gagne. Don't recall the other. The report quoted several Sox officials as openly speculating that Gagne was a PED user.

Reaction Score
Brady should be suspended because somebody THINKS he lied and cheated?

not one shred of substantive evidence, not one statement, not one video, not one smoking gun, just a ten second sound bite the haters swallow whole without reflex
The evidence is clear to everyone who isn't a blind Pats banwagon/supporter. The texts clearly indicate he was involved deflating the balls and the. He goes and lies about his involvement something that cost Sean Payton a year. I would be shocks if he isn't suspended for at least 4 games

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but the text about deflating a ball more likely in reference to balls TB thought were over-inflated.

I would think every QB would tell their equipment person one way or the other. Aaron Rogers equipment person prob complains about him always telling him to further inflate.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but the text about deflating a ball more likely in reference to balls TB thought were over-inflated.

I would think every QB would tell their equipment person one way or the other. Aaron Rogers equipment person prob complains about him always telling him to further inflate.

Don't tell this to the mob. They wants a lynchin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom