LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 6 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Red Sox are nowhere near consideration for the GOAT. You could argue for 4th best (tie?0 But not first or second

Bruins are in 4th place, 2 championships above the lowly Rangers and less than half as many as Toronto.

In the short history of the Super Bowl, the Pats are tied for fourth. If you count the life of the NFL, it would be Green Bay and the Pats would be further back.

Of course the Celtics have 1 more Ship than the Lakers so you have one "correct" for the moment GOAT

But thinking you have a claim to the GOAT in 3 sports where you are 4th or 5th, requires a Boston fan mentality.

By comparison, the Yankees are the real GOAT. And if their nearest rival (which is not the Sox) won 15 consecutive World Series, the Yanks would still have the most championships.

That is Goat. Not a football team with as many Super Bowl Championships as the Giants
Reread your post and ask yourself whether collectively that qualifies Boston GOAT pro sports city. That's a whole lot of success over every major sport.

Reaction Score
Reread your post and ask yourself whether collectively that qualifies Boston GOAT pro sports city. That's a whole lot of success over every major sport.

The Yankees themselves have almost as much as all Boston teams combined, so no.

CL82

Reaction Score
The Yankees themselves have almost as much as all Boston teams combined, so no.
In one sport...yawn.

CL82

Reaction Score
Total NFL championships: NYG 8, Pats 4

Still yawning?
Yep.
Superbowl wins are 4 for each.
Pats have 8 appearances in the championship game.
Giants have been around 34 years longer.
Yawn.

Reaction Score
Yep Superbowl wins are 4 for each.

So football started in 1966? Weird, I was sure they played the game before that.

CL82

Reaction Score
So football started in 1966? Weird, I was sure they played the game before that.
Lol was there a point in there?

Reaction Score
Lol was there a point in there?

Yeah, the Giants had 4 Championships and 13 Runner up finishes before the SuperBowl even started. Then four SuperBowl trophies. But the Pats are the GOAT, yawn.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, the Giants had 4 Championships and 13 Runner up finishes before the SuperBowl even started. Then four SuperBowl trophies. But the Pats are the GOAT, yawn.
I'm glad you came around to that conclusion it's kind of inevitable.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
With one exception, A-Rod has sucked in the post season. You are really off on that
Ranger fans may feel superior to the Islanders or Devils, but they do not, for one instant, think they are in the running for GOAT hockey team.
The Celtics truly are 1 of the 2 GOAT in bball,. Other than that Boston is known for being the last team in MLB to integrate, the team to have made the dumbest ever move in baseball history and a very good football team with a tendency to "bend the rules".

Reaction Score
Yep.
Yawn.

You said Boston was in the running for GOAT sports city.

What do the AT stand for in GOAT?

NYG Championships 8, Pats 4

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This is like putting Helms Championship banners in the rafters.

CL82

Reaction Score

So when Rutgers claims to have won the first football game against Princeton, does should that count as a championship as well?

Reaction Score
With one exception, A-Rod has sucked in the post season. You are really off on that
Ranger fans may feel superior to the Islanders or Devils, but they do not, for one instant, think they are in the running for GOAT hockey team.
The Celtics truly are 1 of the 2 GOAT in bball,. Other than that Boston is known for being the last team in MLB to integrate, the team to have made the dumbest ever move in baseball history and a very good football team with a tendency to "bend the rules".
You're Homerism is showing and proving my point. Generalizing about the other fan base. If i were to go talk to some mick in Southie and ask what he thought about NY fans he'd say the same thing about you guys.

Reaction Score
I like A-Rod. Because I'm a Yankees fan.
I'm a long time Yankee fan and I have no use for A-Rod. He's been nothing but trouble for the Yankees and I only wish that the league didn't step in when the Red Sox got him and cancel their signing him.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yep.
Yawn.

NY has 5 super bowl championships Plus 4 NFL championships. 9-4 (the Yankees were not playing when Boston started.and won their first 2 or 3
35 WS championships 35-8
2 more Stanley cups
.You do have NY on basketball, 14 more championships! But total = NY is up by 20 championships
I think NY is the premiere sports city. But I'm using standard math not that Boston math

Reaction Score
So when Rutgers claims to have won the first football game against Princeton, does should that count as a championship as well?

Now you are just grasping at straws. How many championships does the NFL Hall of Fame credit to Vince Lombardi?

Reaction Score
WTF? The media is what perpetuated that "Patriot Way" garbage. They've heaped praise on Belichick and Brady for years.
The sheer stupidity of that "big advantage" that underinflated footballs had for Brady went out the window when he had an even better half against the Colts in the second half after all the footballs were insured to be properly inflated. The difference in pressure was totally irrelevant in Brady's performance.

Reaction Score
CL82, you basically said Boston had a claim to greatest of all-time in every sport and now you are just deflecting. You said a stupid thing and people have proven that Boston has a claim in basketball and have nothing close to a claim in the other three sports. You said a dumb thing and are just digging a bigger hole, let it go.

Reaction Score
This is like putting Helms Championship banners in the rafters.

It's f$#3ing 1966, Its funny how you will want all those Celtic championships to count before that year.

Reaction Score
You're Homerism is showing and proving my point. Generalizing about the other fan base. If i were to go talk to some mick in Southie and ask what he thought about NY fans he'd say the same thing about you guys.
How is he showing homerism? I detest A-Rod and am angry with Yankee management that he's allowed to still wear the pinstripes. I also don't understand how Red Sox fans can celebrate Ortiz and Manny like they walk on water when they are cheaters. Does this way of thinking make me a homer?

Reaction Score
How is he showing homerism? I detest A-Rod and am angry with Yankee management that he's allowed to still wear the pinstripes. I also don't understand how Red Sox fans can celebrate Ortiz and Manny like they walk on water when they are cheaters. Does this way of thinking make me a homer?
Where in that post did i mention anything about ARod, Manny or Ortiz? My argument from the beginning is that Boston and NY fans both think they're sh#t don't stink. I root for 2 NY teams and 2 Boston teams so i get a kick out of each side throwing stones.

Reaction Score
Where in that post did i mention anything about ARod, Manny or Ortiz?

Translation: I am going to ignore people giving me examples of differences...

My argument from the beginning is that Boston and NY fans both think they're sh#t don't stink.

...cause that would invalidate my premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom