LOL Pats Fans - it never ends | Page 4 | The Boneyard

LOL Pats Fans - it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In this case where the goal was to score more points than the other team the definition using the word advantage is the one that applies. So If you honestly think the footballs gave them an advantage than you can call it cheating but if you don't believe that than how can you say they're cheaters?

I never called them cheaters, I'm not getting sucked into this wormhole where you want to split hairs.

Reaction Score
I never called them cheaters, I'm not getting sucked into this wormhole where you want to split hairs.
Yes but you're the one who replied to my original point countering someone calling them cheaters. Don't like it? Don't join.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
What people don't understand about cheating is that EVERY team does it, it's whether or not you get caught for it. The truth is, when the Patriots get caught for cheating people blow it out of proportion and immediately use it to say that all their success is the product of that cheating. I'm not defending the Patriots, but those people who take every opportunity to discredit the Patriots are just trolls.

For those interested in cheating....
http://yourteamcheats.com

And if you're especially interested in spy gate...
http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
DogMania said:
Is this your personal bash New England Patriots thread. You're replying just about every other post. Get off your f'in high horse. It's more probable than not that I don't give a rats ass. At the end of the day, the Patriots have 4 Super Bowl championships led by Tom Brady.

I'll admit that I posted that to be a little inflammatory. I've stated many times in this thread that overall I find the deflating of balls to be trivial. But I don't truly equate Tom Brady with Sammy Sosa.
it brings out these defensive pats fans responses.
Using the needle ( / pun) is fun sometimes among sports fans. It's off season. Pizza thread is getting worn out.

Also trivial or not, to every fan base besides Pats fans Brady will have stink on him via public perception. Just like Calhoun does to non Uconn fans.

Reaction Score
What people don't understand about cheating is that EVERY team does it, it's whether or not you get caught for it. The truth is, when the Patriots get caught for cheating people blow it out of proportion and immediately use it to say that all their success is the product of that cheating. I'm not defending the Patriots, but those people who take every opportunity to discredit the Patriots are just trolls.

For those interested in cheating....
http://yourteamcheats.com

And if you're especially interested in spy gate...
http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate
Every team does it is just really lame reasoning, that's what UNC fans are saying about their players taking fake classes.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Every team does it is just really lame reasoning, that's what UNC fans are saying about their players taking fake classes.

Like I said, not defending it. Just can't stand anyone discrediting NE's accomplishments as if every other team did it through honest hard work and the Patriots are the big bad cheaters who get away with it all.

Reaction Score
Haha a little bit John but there are whole lot of championship among the Pats, Celts, Red Sox and Bruins aren't there?
Yes a lot of championships but only the Celts could make a legitimate claim of being the best.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It's so funny because UConn fans who are Pats fans are among the first to bash someone like Calipari, labeling him a cheater and vilifying the guy, but when it is your team that gets caught with its hand in the cookie jar its posts like the two above: "Who Cares" and "Scoreboard" . I am highly amused by the hypocrisy of New England Sports fans (all sports fans for that matter, but New Englanders are a special breed.)
Difference is, Patriots win, Calipari doesn't even though he gets the best talent, therefore it's much easier to bash him. Spygate and Deflategate ultimately had no impact on the fact that the patriots have won 4 super bowls in 15 years. Don't get me wrong, cheating's cheating, but the Patriots win regardless.

Reaction Score
Difference is, Patriots win, Calipari doesn't even though he gets the best talent, therefore it's much easier to bash him. Spygate and Deflategate ultimately had no impact on the fact that the patriots have won 4 super bowls in 15 years. Don't get me wrong, cheating's cheating, but the Patriots win regardless.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cal has a NC and 4 Final Fours over his 6 years at UK. If it weren't for UConn, he'd have 3 NCs.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cal has a NC and 4 Final Fours over his 6 years at UK. If it weren't for UConn, he'd have 3 NCs.
We could play the "what if" game all day if you want! If David Tyree doesn't make that helmet catch and Mario Manningham doesn't make that catch in 2012 with 3 min to go, Patriots would have 6 championships!

Reaction Score
We could play the "what if" game all day if you want! If David Tyree doesn't make that helmet catch and Mario Manningham doesn't make that catch in 2012 with 3 min to go, Patriots would have 6 championships!
They do have 6. :(

Eli sucks. Told you, Fishy!

Reaction Score
The Patriots and Brady obviously cheated. They should be fined like 25,000 dollars.

Reaction Score
What's with Patriots fans making it out that the Manningham catch was some sort of lucky play? That was just a perfect textbook sideline throw and catch.

Reaction Score
Jesus, you're dense.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Pats fans are always drumming up excuses for their team who can do no wrong in their eyes. First there's the outright denial when under suspicion. Then, once some evidence surfaces, the go-to excuses are "it didn't affect the outcome of the game" or "it's not a big deal, its minor", or "other teams do it too". Then there's the arrogant Pats fans who don't make excuses... their go-to response is something along the lines of an elitist "other fanbases are just jealous of our greatness" or "count the rings".

No matter how you slice it, the Patriots seem to ALWAYS be under the microscope and in the news for SOME sort of bending of the rules or circumventing of the rules. Belichick and the Pats are always looking for a way to gain a competitive advantage... rules/integrity of the game be damned. Why is it so hard to PLAY THE GAME the way it was meant to be played? The Calipari/Kentucky - Patriots comparison is spot on... both fan-bases are willing to sacrifice and ignore the integrity of the game for the success of the team.

In many general football fan's minds the Patriots' success will always have an asterisk. And it's a shame because if the Patriots are so good and so DOMINANT as Pats fans love to remind everyone, then WHY do Belicheck and the team feel the need to constantly bend or circumvent the rules? Patriots fans can't claim dominance yet also ignore or be frustrated by the cheating allegations when their team takes advantage of every loophole at their disposal. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty hyped for the Players Championship starting tomorrow.

Reaction Score
What's with Patriots fans making it out that the Manningham catch was some sort of lucky play? That was just a perfect textbook sideline throw and catch.
That was one of the best plays of all time, and it mystifies me that it isn't seen that way.

The Tyree helmet catch was a lucky play...yet it shows up on so many lists as the greatest catch ever. Eli's scramble to escape the sack was the more impressive part of that play.

But the Manningham catch? Nothing lucky about it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Haha a little bit John but there are whole lot of championship among the Pats, Celts, Red Sox and Bruins aren't there?

The Red Sox are nowhere near consideration for the GOAT. You could argue for 4th best (tie?0 But not first or second

Bruins are in 4th place, 2 championships above the lowly Rangers and less than half as many as Toronto.

In the short history of the Super Bowl, the Pats are tied for fourth. If you count the life of the NFL, it would be Green Bay and the Pats would be further back.

Of course the Celtics have 1 more Ship than the Lakers so you have one "correct" for the moment GOAT

But thinking you have a claim to the GOAT in 3 sports where you are 4th or 5th, requires a Boston fan mentality.

By comparison, the Yankees are the real GOAT. And if their nearest rival (which is not the Sox) won 15 consecutive World Series, the Yanks would still have the most championships.

That is Goat. Not a football team with as many Super Bowl Championships as the Giants

Reaction Score
916 -- I completely concur.

It is more "probable than not" that Roy Williams knew what was going on academically at UNC. That Papi and ARod did PEDs. Hell, that OJ killed his ex and Bill did have sex with that woman. But initially there no eye witnesses to prove any of those. (And for the record, I am a Yankee fan and thought Clinton was an awesome president).

Although the magnitude of their sins differ, they are ALL THE SAME in one respect: they looked right into the camera, mocked the accusation and then flat out lied.

At least ARod and Bill have acknowledged their mistake and moved on. I'll give Brady time, but I don't think he will accept responsibility; it's not the Patriots way. I don't think Belichick has never apologized either -- and he received the biggest coach's fine in NFL history.

What Brady did was relatively small in the bigger picture. But it says everything about him and the Patriots organization that he would flat out lie about something that minor. Most honorable people would just step up, tell the truth and the take the consequences. That's what adults do.

And one other thing. According to the report neither Kraft or Belichick were aware of the situation. Which means, Brady lied to them, as well.

No one will ever trust the Patriots again...in part because they can't be trusted. Just being honest about something small would go a long way.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I don't think this is a big deal, but Boston sports fans don't concede anything.
Boston sports fans dumped a bunch of tea into a Harbor and kicked England's ass. This attitude goes back a ways.

Reaction Score
The Red Sox are nowhere near consideration for the GOAT. You could argue for 4th best (tie?0 But not first or second

Bruins are in 4th place, 2 championships above the lowly Rangers and less than half as many as Toronto.

In the short history of the Super Bowl, the Pats are tied for fourth. If you count the life of the NFL, it would be Green Bay and the Pats would be further back.

Of course the Celtics have 1 more Ship than the Lakers so you have one "correct" for the moment GOAT

But thinking you have a claim to the GOAT in 3 sports where you are 4th or 5th, requires a Boston fan mentality.

By comparison, the Yankees are the real GOAT. And if their nearest rival (which is not the Sox) won 15 consecutive World Series, the Yanks would still have the most championships.

That is Goat. Not a football team with as many Super Bowl Championships as the Giants
Being a fan of teams in both markets, there is no difference between a Boston fan or New York fan's mentality. They both think they're god's gift of the earth. Nice try though.

Reaction Score
Being a fan of teams in both markets, there is no difference between a Boston fan or New York fan's mentality. They both think they're god's gift of the earth. Nice try though.

I have never seen a New York Yankees fan deny a positive steroid test like Red Sox fans do nonstop with Ortiz.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Whether deflated balls are a big deal toward outcome or not, Brady has tainted his legacy. He might as well be named Sammy Sosa.
This will be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc