Lock On- Zanetto | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lock On- Zanetto

Reaction Score
For real. Leaking this into the public was a terrible move. He's already walking back his earlier "It's imminent. It's a done deal." If this goes south, I will not be amused by his rash lack of self-restraint.

Unsubscribed. I figure enough people will post his stuff here if something worth viewing comes from him. He’s really not even particularly knowledgeable.

What’s funny is on Storrs Central Jared didn’t even indicate his reporting was accurate. He said it was Thamel that was most right

Reaction Score
I held out as long as I could as a UConn basketball obsessed Big East fan but the courts and the power football conferences just keep making decisions which make staying in the Big East untenable for us. Anyone who doesn't see that at this point isn't paying any attention or they're okay with UConn basketball being awesome in the Big East for a few more years and then watching things go south.

We would simply have to drop football to remain at the top/ultra competitive in basketball and it would still become nearly impossible to keep up in basketball with the way things are changing. I never thought they would create a new tournament to try and replace the NCAA tournament but I put nothing past these people. If they think they can squeeze more money out of doing their own tournament and keeping out the best basketball program of the past 30 years I wouldn't be surprised if they would eventually do it.

Basketball fans should be the most serious about this needing to happen. We would all be despondent if UConn basketball was kicked to the curb and it would be devastating to the state. Any chance of that happening no matter how small needs to be taken very seriously.

Reaction Score

I'll save some the time on here. From those actually in the know like the Athletic this is basically no further than it's ever been. Presidents are not all on board. Yormark is attempting but nothing has changed. The votes aren't there so there will be no vote and there is no plan for a vote. Behind the scenes, no different than what any other program is doing, talks and are happening. Now onto the football season.

Reaction Score
We need to win football games. UCF, Cincy and Houston all won a lot of football games. SMU won quite a few too. Same old. If we’re ever going to have a magical football season out of nowhere, now is a great time for it.

Reaction Score
I'll save some the time on here. From those actually in the know like the Athletic this is basically no further than it's ever been. Presidents are not all on board. Yormark is attempting but nothing has changed. The votes aren't there so there will be no vote and there is no plan for a vote. Behind the scenes, no different than what any other program is doing, talks and are happening. Now onto the football season.

… but the tantrums are fun.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say it’s 100% doa. I think there’s some behind closed doors things happening. At the same time, I don’t think a vote is happening anytime remotely soon

Reaction Score
Everyone not in the room is just guessing, and they are not in the room.

Reaction Score
We need to win football games. UCF, Cincy and Houston all won a lot of football games. SMU won quite a few too. Same old. If we’re ever going to have a magical football season out of nowhere, now is a great time for it.
Yep, It's always been that, despite what frauds like Hathaway and Warde left us with. Then Mr. Morality (Edsall) clowned us by thinking he had all day to tear things down like it was 1999 all over again, with an invite into the BCS. Should've been trying to win yesterday with no seat @ the table. Beg, borrow, cheat, steal. Why not ? Everyone else was and along with paying the players.... at least DB finally has that one right! ( Oh wait maybe that's legal now) ;)

Reaction Score
Great name for his pod going forward would be the "Useful Idiot" pod. That's what his "source" played him for.

Reaction Score
Great name for his pod going forward would be the "Useful Idiot" pod. That's what his "source" played him for.
I mean he’s probably part of the reason this got out when it did, maybe not. But saying something is imminent when you really never know, is a mistake.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Everyone not in the room is just guessing, and they are not in the room.
Until either the BIG12 (or more specifically Yormark) or Benedict say it's not happening, then we're just spinning the propellers without going anywhere.
Personally, I don't think it happens as we've should have already been vetted from last year, had another solid BBall and baseball year, and even bloody ESPN is willing to throw money into the deal yet despite all that there's been no quick yes. That'll be back to back years the BIG12 has rejected us...hell even the ACC didn't do that to us. The university has been successful across a multiple of sports including football, yet these asshat ADs and uni presidents can't be bothered to see the truth.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Saying they had the votes??? He got played and couldn't wait to be the 1st to have the scoop.
Just my opinion, but I think this leaked on both sides. I don’t think the national guys were chasing a UConn vloggers rumor. Not sure the intention of the UConn booster, if to try to tank it or overconfidence (probably the latter), but I’m sure the leak on the Big 12 side was a football school that wanted to tank it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom